Di african continent topic

stacksbranning

so the moors were black people or of the fairer skin or then sold black afrikaans to the white man for the european far west markets

blacks been failing since ANNO DOMINI

Originally they were black but the moors that sold us were half breeds of arabs and berbers .

Moors are berbers, berbers are the original tribes of north africa, berbers come in all shades, black, brown, blond. Berbers may be cross bread now hundreds of years later but at the time moors were berbers converted to islam.

No moors WERE berbers,Most of the berbers you see today that claim to be berbars are not even true  berbers anyway.

Just out of interest @time bomb what do you class yourself as ?

algerian, i dont care for all that are u arab or are u berber talk, i hear that talk from algerians enough and it doesnt interest me, like u said my blood is most likely mixed arab/berber but my surname is berber so whatever, we dont need no ethnic divisions in algeria theres no benefit.

I knew north africans were mixed but not to this extend

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Maghrebis#Admixture_analysis

Very interesting data, i guess the location plays a big role, mediterrenean coast to the north, sub saharan africa south and arabia to the east, theres bound to be a huge mix.

Its funny, one thing always comes to mind is Gladiator the film, where he is sold into slavery in algeria and u see all the different races and animals and what not. North africa was a melting pot long before the arabs invaded.

Time bomb i hear what you are saying about algeria,i know some personally,always going on about the french and the fln etc,my problem isn't with the country but we can't deny what muslims have done . honestly what do you make of the way how muslims have treated east and west africans ? Here are some quotes from not only the quaran but well known scholars, and these are just small things that they have said,we could go on and on about what they have done .

"Therefore, the Negro nation are, as a rule, submissive to slavery, because [Negroes] have little [that is essentially] human and have attributes that are quite similar to those of dumb animals, as we have stated."[3]

Narrated Anas bin Malik: Allah's Apostle said, "You should listen to and obey, your ruler even if he was an Ethiopian (black) slave whose head looks like a raisin."

Jabir (Allah be pleased with him) reported: There came a slave and pledg- ed allegiance to Allah's Apostle (may peace be upon him) on migration; he (the Holy Prophet) did not know that he was a slave. Then there came his master and demanded him back, whereupon Allah's Apostle (may peace be upon him) said: Sell him to me. And he bought him for two black slaves, and he did not afterwards take allegiance from anyone until he had asked him whether he was a slave (or a free man)

Time bomb i hear what you are saying about algeria,i know some personally,always going on about the french and the fln etc,my problem isn't with the country but we can't deny what muslims have done . honestly what do you make of the way how muslims have treated east and west africans ? Here are some quotes from not only the quaran but well known scholars, and these are just small things that they have said,we could go on and on about what they have done .

"Therefore, the Negro nation are, as a rule, submissive to slavery, because [Negroes] have little [that is essentially] human and have attributes that are quite similar to those of dumb animals, as we have stated."[3]

Narrated Anas bin Malik: Allah's Apostle said, "You should listen to and obey, your ruler even if he was an Ethiopian (black) slave whose head looks like a raisin."

Jabir (Allah be pleased with him) reported: There came a slave and pledg- ed allegiance to Allah's Apostle (may peace be upon him) on migration; he (the Holy Prophet) did not know that he was a slave. Then there came his master and demanded him back, whereupon Allah's Apostle (may peace be upon him) said: Sell him to me. And he bought him for two black slaves, and he did not afterwards take allegiance from anyone until he had asked him whether he was a slave (or a free man)

NONE of these are Qur'an.

Quote one is Ibn Khaldun.

Quote 2 is from hadith Bukhari, and its how the author describes an ethiopian to look.

Quote 3 is also from a hadith which i forgot the name of relating to transactions.

@time bomb http://wikiislam.net/wiki/Qur%27an,_Hadith_and_Scholars:Racism#Racism_Against_Black_People

Also  what is your take on the videos i  posted earlier ,honestly

Yes as i said its Bukhari, its a hadith not the Qur'an, so the narrator is describing the ethiopian as having a raising head, nevertheless he says u should obey this black man so i dont see how thats racist?

As for the moor video is inaccurate and the information is jumbled up. Moors are berbers who converted to islam and then conquered spain and other parts of africa in the name of islam. At its peak islam conquered southern europe, eastern europe, the middle east and asia. There was no targeting black people, there was just invade as many other civilisations have done in histroy.

At that time islam was by far the most advanced and civilised culture on earth, spain and west africa flourished under islamic rule. Timbuktu was a centre of learning under islamic rule, more advanced the most of europe.

US- South Africa War Games: The Pentagon’s Hidden Agenda is to Make “Africans fight Africans” | Global Research

US- South Africa War Games: The Pentagon’s Hidden Agenda is to Make “Africans fight Africans”

The Pentagon is involved in organizing war games in different part of the World. The stated military mandate is national security and the “Global War on Terrorism”.

The South African media has reported the holding of military exercises involving the US military and the South African National Defense Force (SANDF).

The South African and US armed forces are to conduct war games in the Eastern Cape over a period of almost two weeks (24 July to August 5)

The joint war games are to be coordinated by USAFRICOM’s “US Army Africa Contingency Command”.

(Picture: Sapa)

“SA Navy Captain Jaco Theunissen said the militaries would share technical expertise during the exercise, which would start on 24 July and end on 5 August, and would involve 5 000 soldiers.

“We are exercising to do a human support intervention in an unstable country,” said Theunissen.

“What we simulate is what is currently happening in a lot of countries in the world, especially in the African continent.

“You’ve got warring factions destabilising the country…. We are exercising the war fight, where you will fight against rebel groups.”

What these official statements imply is that The Republic of South Africa is slated to participate in US-NATO sponsored “humanitarian interventions” directed against other countries in sub-Saharan Africa, which have been tagged by Washington as “unstable nations”.

What is not mentioned is that these so-called “unstable nations” are invariably the object of a US engineered political and economic destabilization process (including the imposition of deadly IMF-World Bank economic reforms), which create conditions for the “recolonization ” of sub-Saharan Africa.

These July-August war games were prepared in prior exchanges in February at USAFRICOM headquarters in Vicenza, Italy between the U.S. Army Africa Contingency Command and SANDF commanders:

These February training and briefing sessions for SANDF commanders were intended to create conditions, whereby the SANDF would directly collaborate with USAFRICOM in US led military operations on the African continent:

“[sANDF] will take back to their leadership how to better synchronize and collaborate with the U.S.,” said Palacios, a Bronx, N.Y. native. “This is the success that was achieved during these last few days and will set us up for long-term success during Shared Accord in July.”

While the stated purpose of the war games is to “protect Africa”, the real objective is imperial conquest. Washington’s hidden agenda is to “make Africans fight Africans”.

It is worth noting that the SANDF was recently involved in fighting rebel forces in the Central African Republic, in which 15 SANDF soldiers were killed.

The SANDF is supportive of US hegemonic objectives in Africa.

By collaborating with the US in joint military operations, the South African National Defense Force (SANDF) is, in some regards, playing a similar role to that of the SADF of the Apartheid period.

How Nigeria's tribal monarchs still live in lavish royal splendour (even though they lost power 50 years ago)

With their brightly coloured robes, ornate thrones and legions of flunkeys attending every whim, they seem every bit the archetypal African kings.

Nigeria's traditional Monarchs may have been stripped of their powers half a century ago, but they appear to have lost little of their regal pomp and splendour as this fascinating series of portraits shows.
Photographer
George Osodi toured the west African country extensively for a series of photographs entitled 'Kings of Nigeria' which is due to be exhibited at London's Bermondsey Project in October.
SCROLL DOWN FOR VIDEO

article-0-1B113FED000005DC-962_964x722.j Posing on his ornate throne, Alhaji Dr Ado Abdullahi Bayero is the current 'Emir of Kano', a position he has held since 1963. A former ambassador to Senegal he is renowned for his abundant wealth, which has been amassed by investing in the
stock market and agriculture

article-2381510-1B113F85000005DC-574_964 Robes of office: HRM Agbogidi Obi James Ikechukwu Anyasi II, 'The Obi of the Idumuje Unor kingdom', was until his death earlier this year, the longest reigning African Monarch. He was crowned king on October 9, 1946 at the age of 22. His robe, depicting a young Queen Elizabeth, gives a clear nod to the period of British colonial rule

article-2381510-1B113FE1000005DC-641_964 Out for a ride: The Emir of Kano Alhaji Dr Ado Abdullahi Bayero is attended by aides as he sits on the back of his vintage Rolls Royce on his way to the Central Mosque in Kano

As a well-known and celebrated Nigerian photographer, Mr Osodi was granted rare access to the palaces and throne rooms of these hereditary rulers who now serve as living repositories of Nigeria's enormous cultural heritage.
He told Al-Jazeera: 'There are frequent clashes among different ethnic groups… Lots of people have lost trust in their identity. I felt it was important that we see this diverse culture as a point of unity instead of seeing it as something that should divide us as a nation.

'The easiest way I could approach this was to look at the monarchy structure in the country because they are closer to the people than the governors.'
While their ancestors ruled over vast tracts of Africa, following the abolition of the monarchy in 1963 the regional monarchs were stripped of all their constitutional powers.

But far from fading into obscurity, they mostly remain popular leaders and are held in great regard by their hundreds of thousands of loyal subjects.
And despite lacking any formal powers they continue to wield considerable influence and serve as unofficial intermediaries between their subjects and the Nigerian government.

article-2381510-1B113F35000005DC-211_964 His Majesty, Wilson Ojakovo Oghoghovwe Oharisi III was made the 'Ovie of Ughelli' in 1980 and has ruled over the great kingdoms of Ughelli and Urhoboland for more than 33 years

article-2381510-1B113FD6000005DC-180_964 Alayeluwa Oba Okunade Sijuwade, the current 'Ooni of Ife', relaxes in his throne room. Born in 1930, he has enjoyed a colourful life first working for his father's business, then with the Nigerian Tribune newspaper, before attending Northampton College in the United Kingdom where he studied
business management. In 1963 he became Sales Director of the state-owned National Motor company in the Nigerian capital Lagos. He later formed a company to distribute Soviet-built vehicles and equipment in Nigeria

article-2381510-1B113EC7000005DC-165_964

His Royal Majesty Oba Oyetunji Jimoh Olanipekun Larooyell, the 'Ataoja of Osogbo' in southwest Nigeria. He worked as a teacher for many years, firstly at a baptist day school. He was crowned king in 1976 and rules over some 300,000 subjects. He has studied management in London and is a qualified chartered accountant

article-2381510-1B113DED000005DC-558_964 Born to rule: Sitting on his golden throne, Benjamin Ikenchuku Keagborekuzi I is the current 'Dein of Agbor'. Just two years and four months after his birth in July 1977 he was crowned king following the the unexpected death of his father. It meant he was the youngest king anywhere in the world. He is currently the Chancellor of the University of Ilorin, one of Nigeria's most prestigious universities

article-2381510-1B113E24000005DC-455_470
article-2381510-1B113D06000005DC-159_472

Omo N'Oba N'Edo Uku Akpolokpolo Erediauwa I (left) was crowned 'Oba of Benin Kingdom' in the Edo state of Nigeria in 1979. Before that he studied at Cambridge university before being appointed to many top government posts. Alhaji Abdulmumini Kabir Usman (Right) is the current and 50th 'Emir of Kasina'. He was coronated in 2008 five days after the death of his father, Emir Muhammad Kabir Usman. He is remembered as a peacemaker during the Nigerian civil war and has a passion for Polo

article-2381510-1B113E90000005DC-973_964 His Majesty, Deinmowuru Donokoromo III, The 'Pere of Isaba', poses with his royal sceptre outside his palace. He has ruled over the Kingdom of Isaba in the oil rich South-West area of Delta state since 1983

• Upvote 3

Who was Thomas Sankara?
arton302.jpg

Thomas Sankara, often referred to as “Africa’s Che Guevara” was the president of Burkina Faso from 1983 to 1987. He seized power in a 1983 popularly supported coup, with the goal of eliminating corruption and the dominance of the former French colonial power.

Sankara’s foreign policies were centered around anti-imperialism, with his government eschewing all foreign aid because, as he often said, “he who feeds you, controls you.” He pushed for debt reduction and nationalized all land and mineral wealth, averting the power and influence of the IMF and World Bank.

His domestic policies were focused on preventing famine with agrarian self-sufficiency and land reform, prioritizing education with a nation-wide literacy campaign, and promoting public health by vaccinating 2.5 million children. And his was the first African government to publicly recognize the AIDS epidemic as a major threat to Africa.

Thomas Sankara was an extraordinary man.

He outlawed female genital mutilation, forced marriages, and polygamy and was the first African leader to appoint women to major cabinet positions and actively recruit them for the military. A motorcyclist himself, he formed an all-woman motorcycle personal guard.

He encouraged women to work outside the home and stay in school even if pregnant.

He launched a nation-wide public health ‘Vaccination Commando’ a state run program that in a period of only 15 days in early November 1984, completed the immunization of 2.5 million children against meningitis (a world record), yellow fever and measles. This operation was so successful in that children in neighbouring countries like the Ivory Coast and Mali were sent to Burkina Faso for free immunization that helped curtail high rates of infant and child mortality.
He sold off the government fleet of Mercedes cars and made the Renault 5 (the cheapest car sold in Burkina Faso at that time) the official service car of the ministers. He lowered his salary, as President, to only $450 a month and limited his possessions to a car, four bikes, three guitars, and a refrigerator.
He planted over ten million trees to halt the growing desertification of the Sahel and established an ambitious road and rail construction program to “tie the nation together.”

He was known for jogging unaccompanied through the capital city in his track suit and posing in his tailored military fatigues with his mother-of-pearl pistol. And when asked why he didn’t want his portrait hung in public places, as was the norm for other African leaders, he said ”there are seven million Thomas Sankaras.”

Sankara’s revolutionary policies for self-reliance and defiance against the neoliberal development strategies imposed by the West made him an icon to many supporters of African liberation. But his policies alienated and antagonized the vested interests of the small but powerful Burkinabe middle class, the tribal leaders who he stripped of the traditional right to forced labor and tribute payments, and the foreign financial interests in France and their ally Ivory Coast.
  • Upvote 1

• 2 months later...