League Cup/Champions League/Bundesliga/Ligue 1

Admin.

There is more quality in previous eras than there is today

It's all about quantity

Well I am speaking about football on the continent

/

By the way Valbuena is small in the flesh I know that but that picture what's going around is silly and is clearly photoshopped

I don't believe so.

There has been a significant decrease in time & space on the pitch in today's era which requires higher demands in technique, tactical & physical qualities. This for me, is the core reason why today's footballer is better.

The more scientific approach in regards to tactics and fitness is why there have been gains in those departments and why the game has changed.

But because of the above there is less emphasis on technique now on a whole.

Didn't Jagielka say Moyes hardly does ball work?

There are great players of 20 years ago who would be considered 3rd tier players in their day, if you compare to equivalent players today the difference in quality is stark.

Them 3rd tier guys would be world class today.

Toney, coaching sessions today from the grassroots level all the way to elite level consist of MUCH more ball work, trust me.

And Toney, I would love for you to name these 3rd tier players who would be world class today, lol.

The dramatically reduced amount of time & space afforded to players today ALONE makes them better technically.

There has never been time and space in the lower leagues, did that make lower league players better technically?

See, this is where you have to spot the nuance.

You're suggesting that there's no time & space in the lower leagues right? Yet, ask a player in that league to play a few games at the top level & he'll tell you that there's even less there.

Toney, coaching sessions today from the grassroots level all the way to elite level consist of MUCH more ball work, trust me.

And Toney, I would love for you to name these 3rd tier players who would be world class today, lol.

I get it that you are coaching but you are talking about times you didn't experience personally or have little knowledge of, I don't have to trust you when I grew up in an era when the ball was constantly at my feet, why you think I laugh at footballers supposed technique today, it's because it isnt impressive compared to what I grew up around.

I  was at Wealdstone when coaching was changing to a more tactical and fitness based aproach so I've seen the transition 1st hand.

My coach there had some good ideas, he took Wealdstone all the way to Anfield in the FA youth cup 2 years after I left.

He was knocking out League youth teams with a semi pro unit cos he had the jump on them but it wasn't based on technique as much.

Off the top of my head Ginola, Zola and possibly Le Tissier would be World Class today.

Today Le Tissier wouldn't spend his whole career at Soton, impossible.

If I had to sit and make a list there would be many more.

Toney, who do you think I coach with? Who do you think are my coach educators?

Man's talking about Wealdstone as a boy & these times I'm getting taught about ACTUAL coaching from men who have been in the game for 20-30 years+ at the HIGHEST level. That's not to mention my own independent research about the tactical & technical evolution of football over previous generations.

Man's talking about Wealdstone as a boy & these times I'm getting taught about ACTUAL coaching from men who have been in the game for 20-30 years+ at the HIGHEST level. That's not to mention my own independent research about the tactical & technical evolution of football over previous generations.

Who are you being educated by?

Who are you being educated by?

Main one was Mark Drabwell, coach educator for the London FA. Coached at United, Arsenal & Spurs, predominately.

Mike

These guys don't practise what they preach

Give them a top coaching role and watch their philopshy and methods go out of the window

Try and get in touch with Spanish/German/Brazilian coaches

Well, I don't know about all that so I won't say too much. But judging from the various sessions plans I've seen for elite clubs, from their academy to their 1st team, A LOT of it is focused on ball work.

/

That's the plan, but unless you're physically in these countries, it's difficult. 

no1 f*ckin knows,

this is the most pointless debate 

all this "football" knowledge yet the furthest u man can run with it is this run down forum

....should be a coach, a scout or suttin ^)

I coach professionally mate, working towards UEFA B License amongst other qualifications i.e. performance analysis, youth awards, other languages, etc.

I'm sure there are other individuals with similar aspirations who are working towards something. Keep your limited mindset to yourself, we're trying to win out here.

If you can't discuss football & a variety of opinions on it with depth on here, why are you even present?

• Upvote 2

no1 f*ckin knows,

this is the most pointless debate 

all this "football" knowledge yet the furthest u man can run with it is this run down forum

....should be a coach, a scout or suttin ^)

I coach professionally mate, working towards UEFA B License amongst other qualifications i.e. performance analysis, youth awards, other languages, etc.

I'm sure there are other individuals with similar aspirations who are working towards something. Keep your limited mindset to yourself, we're trying to win out here.

pos

thats good....im glad ur using it wisely

wat about the rest of u ppl...??

Toney

Back in the year 2000

When Kevin Phillips was PL player of the year/winning the European Golden Shoe aged 26

Was he being called WC and linked with big teams ?

Not from what I remember.

Imagine if he was playing now

The Media hyperbole would be crazy