Summer Transfer Thread 2014

Admin.

• Replies 2.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Luiz has been in average form in 2 years, he looks good playing alongside the best defender of his generation, as does Alex and a whole host of others and suddenly he is much better than Lovren?

He isn't.

Cause you said he only looks good playing along side Silva.

Your a bad judge of CB

Agger

Skrtel

Kompany

Lovren

I think all these players are good yeah?

Whats the problem, never said they were better than Thiago or anything.

What has Luiz done in the last two seasons to be rated more than the players you mentioned, like i said he has been good alongside Silva, but put any one of those besides Silva and he makes them look a better player than they are.

Theres a shortage of top class cbs, Luiz isn't one and he isn't far better than Lovren.

Luiz has been in average form in 2 years, he looks good playing alongside the best defender of his generation, as does Alex and a whole host of others and suddenly he is much better than Lovren?

He isn't.

Cause you said he only looks good playing along side Silva.

He looks good in patches, but he never maintains form for the whole season, Rafa shifted him into DM didn't he?

I would take Lovren over him tbh for several reasons, and i don't think anyone can say thats outlandish based on their form since they came to the premiership.

Now I can see why PSG signed Luiz that price if mid table CB are fetching £20M

Lovren is the same level as Luiz though.

And Luiz should be a mid table CB himself.

what the f*ck?

The midtable comment is in jest, but he isn't on a different level to Lovren.

Watch football  not the papers.

• Downvote 1

what the f*ck?

Watch football not the papers.

The same papers that slated Luiz at every opportunity???

Liverpool close in on fourth signing of summer with £25m move for Benfica winger Lazer Markovic

Brendan Rodgers's side on verge of securing 20 year-old's services as he moves quickly to reinvest funds he will be receiving following imminent sale of Luis Suarez

By Chris Bascombe

6:56PM BST 06 Jul 2014

Liverpool are closing in on their fourth summer signing following a £25 million move for Benfica winger Lazer Markovic.

The Merseysiders are understood to be on the verge of securing the 20 year-old’s services, as Brendan Rodgers moves quickly to reinvest the funds he will be receiving following the imminent sale of Luis Suarez.

Serbian Markovic has been on Chelsea’s radar for the last few years, but Liverpool have been in negotiations with the player and his club for several weeks and breakthrough appears to have been made.

Markovic will join Adam Lallana, Rickie Lambert and Emre Can in transfer spree which will go beyond the £60 million mark, although funds are sure to be recouped in the coming days and weeks.

Suarez will be the most high profile departure, yielding over £70 million, and the Anfield scouting department would appear to have been preparing in his advance for his exit given the speed in which offers have been made since the end of last season.

While Markovic appears Anfield bound, Southampton defender Dejan Lovren has accused his club of breaking promises and lacking ambition as he pushes for a move to Liverpool.

Lovren says the managerial and executive changes at Southampton have prompted his decision to seek an exit.

His club want Liverpool to significantly increase their valuation to secure a third Saints player having already signed Lambert and Lallana.

“Honestly, I don't know who the main man at the club is anymore. They are now looking for 25 million pounds, but I don't think they'll get it,” Lovren was quoted on Croatian website Sportske Novosti.

“I'd gladly stay in Southampton if the club had any ambitions, if they kept the key players, not even the Liverpool bid would have dissuaded me.

“They gave me assurances about the project - the former chairman, Nicola Cortese, and the former coach, Mauricio Pochettino, convinced me. They gave me incredible confidence.

"When I began training there, I realised they had a very good team. They promised to buy two more players -- they bought Osvaldo and Wanyama. They are great players. The aim was to qualify for Europe, to get into the Europa League at least.

“When the chairman left, and Pochettino was going too as early as April, I realised things had fallen apart.

“Liverpool sent a 20 million offer and they (Southampton) paid nine million for me, so they would've earned twice the amount.

“At this point, I don't know what I'll do and I don't like it. It was unbelievable that a few days ago I had an offer of 20 million pounds. It was in the morning and by the afternoon the club had said I was not for sale. Frankly, my head is already at Liverpool.

“I found out about the bid from other people which disappointed me and I realised I've got no business staying at Southampton.

“Liverpool is one of the biggest clubs in the world. Only Real Madrid have as many fans around the world. The last time I played at Anfield, I got chills when I heard 'You'll Never Walk Alone.' I would like to listen to it all the time."

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/football/teams/liverpool/10950135/Liverpool-close-in-on-fourth-signing-of-summer-with-25m-move-for-Benfica-winger-Lazer-Markovic.html

what the f*ck?

Watch football not the papers.

The same papers that slated Luiz at every opportunity???

His got a lot of hype for being Brazilian and a  technically brilliant defender quite obviously, he hasn't shown anything for him to be a level above the likes of Lovren, He has looked much better for Brazil than he does for Chelsea, but then again his playing alongside the only truly world class cb at the moment as i've said before.

There both good players, thats where it ends, neither are near world class.

What type of argument is that?

Luiz made as much mistakes as Skrtel last season, without as many goals and good performances.

Skrtel had a better season, which isn't even saying much, a lot of defenders had a better season than him.

In his time here, he has never been top 3 cbs, despite his hype and price, he is a good cb, not world class, and at 27 probably never will be.

Lovren is 24 and nearly as good, i would rather have him tbh.

• Downvote 1

lovern is good 

defo worth having as 3rd choice for top 4 club

but luiz is top 5