Martin Odegaard

Mame Biram Diouf

Great choice

This kid moves like a Craque

Why go to a dusty team like Ajax?

He can do a lot better and has done so by choosing to join the best team in world football

Because Ajax have a better history of developing players than you

The dutch league is better than whatever league Madrid B play in

Ajax are not a circus club

The kid won't have to live upto the expectations of souless plastic supporters

the list really is quite endless as to why Madrid is one of the worst places to go as a player that young.

Time will tell anyway.

• Upvote 3

I'm not sure what you're even suggesting?

That this 16 year old is better than them now?

At no point did I say he's not extremely talented

What will actual stop him is how your club operates,

At about 18 he could get a run of games and then real spends 50 mill plus on player x who's having a break outseason and he's instantly put back and then when real do it again he could easily be collateral for the next other player

I am suggesting this 16 year old is much more talented than that lot when they were breaking through.

He could get replaced by another flavour of the month or The latest Perez project

Another thing you lot need to stop seeing this guy like one of them dusty players Chelsea sign and loan them out eg Atsu

He will be a regular before he gets replaced

Every top team push players out.

Put it this way if he was my son and talented like that he isn't going to be going to some place like Ajax

Ajax are dusty and have been for a while

His progress is going to surprise many people

I'm not seeing him as some dusty player, it's not even Chelsea , it's Real Madrid he's going to have the hardest time getting a career at Madrid than at ANY other top team in the world

He might be super talented even more so than they was at the same age, but if you think that's not going to stop Real dropping a ton of money on somebody who plays in his exact position then I dunno what to say

Lol of course you tell your son to go Madrid, you get a fucking job and he gets BAGS

Lol that still dosnt matter it's real, he could come in and be balling then spend 60 mill on somebody because of hype

He prob likes money and seeing his hero's

Of course he can Make it at real, who even knows who the manager is going to be next year anyways,

Just for football development and chances Real isn't the team for that and I'm not sure why you're pretending it is

It's not about just playing games and getting match experience though Porchy and you know it

Is it even a good thing for a 16 year old playing for Real Madrids first team, a few bad performances can affect any 16 year old, even 20/21 year old, maybe he has some super mentality which can block out pressure and expectations

Who was the last technical player that was developed by Real that didn't arrive as the finished article bar Jese who is still very unproven, not doubting the ability or pedigree of their coaches but from players who have gone through the youth system or young players signed and developed in both the past and recent years

Barcelona >> Bayern >>> Man utd >>> Arsenal/Ajax >>> Real

Imo

Jese isn't even technical

By the way its irrelevant what we think because he hasn't even kicked a ball in anger as yet.

He is the first talented youngster Real have signed IMO and the usual fodder you hear Real signing are a product of Media Hype.

My point is it doesn't matter what team is if someone is super talented(bar injuries) will break through.

You cannot stop talent and oh I forgot mentality Is so important

Not every talented youngster are like Ravel Morrison.

Man Utd currently is the worse example you can suggest for someone to develop even Juve looks a better bet

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
Martin Ødegaard hasn’t played a single minute of Real Madrid Castilla’s last two game games. And since he has been demoted to the subs’ bench, the team is back winning after a run of four consecutive defeats. It’s clear that while no one doubts his technical ability, it’s not working out for him in Spain’s third tier, the Segunda B.

Coach Zinedine Zidane feels that the 16-year-old is highly-talented – a player who gives the impression that something special is going to happen every time he receives the ball. But he doesn’t adapt his game to his team mates and that is why the technical staff have realised that they have no other option but to leave him on the bench for the time being.

Backroom staff feel that with Ødegaard in the side, Castilla play more like a team of 10 than 11 because the rest of the team can never find him out when the team is moving forward, and recently they stopped attempting to pick him out. It’s not so much resentment on behalf of the Castilla team but more a case of the Norwegian continually making the wrong choice. Ødegaard has refused to train with the reserves and only joins in with training sessions on the eve of the team’s games. That’s not enough to click with the other players, or allow everyone in the side the chance to get to know each other.

The newcomer and his father seek refuge in the clause included his contract with Madrid which stipulates that the club must ensure that he trains with the senior squad five days a week. On three occasions, Castilla’s coaching staff have called meetings with the player and his parent to explain the situation and advice him to attend Castilla’s training sessions on a more regular basis. Yet neither Ødegaard nor his father seem to realize that changing tack and taking the advice they’ve been given on board is the right thing to do as the teenager’s progress with Castilla constitutes an essential part of his own development.

Regrettably, some players have complained that the teenager “can’t be bothered” with his Castilla team mates and is only interested in being alongside Cristiano Ronaldo. It’s clear that his integration at Madrid would be much easier and far smoother with player of his own age. That’s something which Ødegaard should think about.

• 1 year later...