Walcott

Jay89

Walcott raring to go after successful operationBy Chris HarrisThe last sighting of Theo Walcott in an Arsenal shirt was a pretty depressing one.The 18-year-old, on as a late substitute at Goodison Park in March, left the field clutching his arm after falling heavily in the Everton penalty area. A couple of days later he had surgery to correct a troubling shoulder problem.Walcott is much better now. The operation was a success and he is kicking a ball again after a frustrating couple of months. Now Walcott is looking forward to making his mark when the new season gets underway in August."It's been seven and a half weeks since the operation and everything is going well," said Walcott in an exclusive interview with Arsenal.com."I've started light training with the ball and running. The operation had to be done, everyone saw when it happened at Everton. It feels so much better now, I feel so good."I have two more days left [at the training ground] and then I'll come back two weeks before pre-season starts with Robin [van Persie] and Thierry [Henry]. So that's when my season starts. I'm really looking forward to it."I will be fully fit for the new season, as long as I have a good pre-season and don't pick up any injuries. I'll be raring to go. The same goes for the whole squad really."There is no 'right' time to go under the knife but, for Walcott, his visit to the surgeon came at a particularly bad time.Injuries to Thierry Henry and Robin van Persie had already decimated Arsenal's striking options with two months of the campaign remaining. Walcott's presence would have eased the pressure on Emmanuel Adebayor up front and given the teenager valuable match time at the top level.But, as Walcott explained, he had no option but to cure an injury which had troubled him throughout his first full season at Arsenal."I played with it the whole season but it gradually got worse," he said. "It kept on popping out and it concerned me, it was always in my head that it would happen again."I started playing with a strapping and that wasn't comfortable at all. It helped a little bit but the operation had to be done. I couldn't play in that kind of pain."At some stages I was playing with one arm, effectively. I was too scared to try and push people off with my arm because it kept popping out. It wasn't nice at all."Look out for another Theo Walcott exclusive on Arsenal.com on Thursday.

I remember his 1st start for Arsenal & he played on the left, he done well that game. I don't know why Arsene doesn't play him there more often. His goals for England U21 came from the left, his Chelsea goal etcI thought we'd see him in the U21 tournament this summer but if he's starting pre-season early that suggests he won't feature.

Walcott is so much more effective on the left from what I've seen plus he reminds me of the young Anelka and Owen pre-injury problems when he plys upfront for England U21The type of striker you give 1 through ball and they're offHopefully, we'll see him feature in his better positions next season

Guest Ryan

His goal against Chelsea was class. He's already a good finisher and has good passing and technique.Just needs to learn how to use his pace more effectively.

Very poor last season, lacked an awful lot, looked out of depth 90% of the timeIm not expecting anything from this kid till hes 19/20Hes shown glimpes of potential but they all do at that age, its being consistent that sets an average youth team 18yrd old from a Micheal Owen at 18 & im afriad at this moment Wally is looking like a sub u18 player.

he has sh*t techniquegood finnish and burst of pace though

Walcott & Bendtner could form a very good partnership in the Carling Cup- Big man Little man- Bendtner likes to come short & link the play- Theo can use his pace to run in behindIn a few years they could be our main front 2 with RVP on the wing

Walcott & Bendtner could form a very good partnership in the Carling Cup- Big man Little man- Bendtner likes to come short & link the play- Theo can use his pace to run in behindIn a few years they could be our main front 2 with RVP on the wing
Could work but what I've noticed about both of them and this is obviously due to there age, in most games they will have periods where they completely switch off.