Labour Anti-Semitism Stuff

Elementalism

1 minute ago, Vtec said:

@Elementalism

They don't even have to tout communist tbh. I'm just saying peep the origins of liberalism. These sketchy characters being dumped on folks is brow raising. On the verge of mental discourse. 

I just hate this narrow and binary view of if your not supporting the right you're a liberal nut wing and vice versa for not supporting liberalism. Right wing at least they show you their insidious colours. 

Both are poison and report into the same halls of corrupt power Eg parliament or senate.

Scratch the surface both ran under the same umbrella of Western global dominance. 

Funny you say that.

The right wing are usually the most vocal and generally have less to hide when you probe their views. I read the DM enough to be able to spot them and their 'brand' of cognition when I encounter it. Right wingers typically think the same because they drink the same fountains.

My liberal mates at Uni were super shocked when I told them I read the Daily Mail. Had a girl who barely read it try to tell me not to read it and it was going to brainwash me, proper took me up on it like I didn't have enough melanin and sense to know what it's all about.

For me knowing your enemy is important.

/

• Upvote 1

Snm.

I study them well too. Unfortunately they know us very very well. 

If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles. If you know yourself but not the enemy, for every victory gained you will also suffer a defeat. If you know neither the enemy nor yourself, you will succumb in every battle.
Sun Tzu, The Art of War
  • Upvote 1

I feel like a lot of lefties (and I'm a leftie) know themselves but not their enemy.

Some know neither their enemy nor themselves (Vice-type consumerist hipster). They jump into politics at uni and form their political identity in groups, only to find that nobody has a collective sense of where the root of their politics lies and everyone assumes someone else knows.

When they get tested 1-on-1, they fall flat in most cases as they're unable to react reflexively. 

Your political potency shouldn't be determined by the size or apparently 'trendiness' of your group. If your idea is potent, expect a political magnetism. But numbers do not always indicate potency.

Do you think the 'Women's March' was as politically meaningful as say, the anti-war protests that happened prior to the second invasion of Iraq? 

Identity politics has essentially played right into the social engineers' hands. Everything in this past century has been marketed at the individual, Century of the Self nails this and I'm in Adam Curtis' debt eternally. The breakdown of the family unit should be no surprise, when men and women are being told to purse individual happiness at almost any cost. Cue a generation of hedonistic, politically apathetic, drug using dropouts who just wanted to listen to music and experience peace (that was the '60s..)

Essentially in modern times, people know themselves very well, but not their enemies. It allows for a few victories like you said (which seem continuous when you're at uni spending time with your heavily socially filtered friends) and you think you can put the world to rights from within your filter bubble..

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, underwriter said:

what is anti semitism....?

Anti-semitism could be what the Israelis are expressing towards dark skinned Semitic Ethiopians.

It could be what Palestinians feel towards Israelis.

It could be what Israelis feel towards Palestinians.

It could be what Hebrew Israelites feel towards everyone.

Or what Hitler felt towards the ethnic 'Jews'.

It can be a self-hatred, an externalised hatred.

anti-Semitism (n.)

also antisemitism, 1881, from German Antisemitismus, first used by Wilhelm Marr (1819-1904) German radical, nationalist and race-agitator, who founded the Antisemiten-Liga in 1879; see anti- + Semite

A word invented by a European German.. The irony. 1881 lols. 

Semite (n.)

1847, "a Jew, Arab, Assyrian, or Aramaean" (an apparently isolated use from 1797 refers to the Semitic language group), back-formation from Semitic or else from French Sémite (1845), from Modern Latin Semita, from Late Latin Sem "Shem," one of the three sons of Noah (Genesis x.21-30), regarded as the ancestor of the Semites (in old Bible-based anthropology), from Hebrew Shem. In modern sense said to have been first used by German historian August Schlözer in 1781.

Semite as a word first recorded by another European German. 1781

Semitic (adj.)

1797, denoting the language group that includes Hebrew, Arabic, Aramaic, Assyrian, etc.; 1826 as "of or pertaining to Semites," from Medieval Latin Semiticus (source of Spanish semitico, French semitique, German semitisch), from Semita (see Semite). As a noun, as the name of a linguistic family, from 1813. In non-linguistic use, perhaps directly from German semitisch. In recent use often with the specific sense "Jewish," but not historically so limited.

Interesting as an adjective.. Latin semiticus derive of french/Spanish and German.. 

Etymology>>>>

• Upvote 2