DISSERTATION PEOPLES.

Mr. Martinez

Ahhh, the hours I put into mine, I done like 2 all nighters in the library just banging it out. As I was doing IT, it's a bit different, but I still had to write shitloads and do a load of coding too.

Got the 1st for it, so all the work paid off. Plus at graduation, I was awarded the best dissertation on my degree and given 100 paaand, so was pretty epic.

Guest M12 Part 2

Ahhh, the hours I put into mine, I done like 2 all nighters in the library just banging it out. As I was doing IT, it's a bit different, but I still had to write shitloads and do a load of coding too.

Got the 1st for it, so all the work paid off. Plus at graduation, I was awarded the best dissertation on my degree and given 100 paaand, so was pretty epic.

coding is a bastard. im assuming you did a questionnaire. if so can u give me any advice on data analysis?

Guest Malcolm Tucker

i enjoyed mine tbh...

banged out a draft in a week and then it was plain sailing from there....

could of easily done another few thousand words

coding is a bastard. im assuming you did a questionnaire. if so can u give me any advice on data analysis?

Yeah, I did a questionnaire, I made up 80% of my results, lol. I don't have my dissertation here, but when I get home i'll just send you my analysis section. PM me your e-mail.

why do so many people do i.t. at uni?

I've always loved computers and been into it. What made up my mind was when we had a shitty careers day in school. I saw a job for Systems Analyst for 60k a year, I was like "HOLY sh*t BATMAN".

If you're a programmer right now, there are quite a few jobs out there. I can only speak for myself, as I know people that had to look for time, but I had 2 job offers 1 month after finishing my final exam and 2 months before actually finding out my degree grade. Although I would say it was more based off my 13 months of placement experience.

Well done Chaser, tha't's sick.

Dissertation is a massive opportunity man. I can see me using as a big talking point in an interview already.

Safe man! In both interviews, the 2 main things we talked about was my dissertation and outside hoobies/activites. So if you enjoyed it and done it well, they love to hear that sh*t.

ye thts wot i was gonna do right now anyway but im tryna decide wot to really talk about i.e

how it portrays loyalties (between the streets and police, police and politics, politics and media etc)

how jus talk about generally how its the realistic depiction of the American inner city

etc etc

you should read some interviews with the creator of the wire, there's quite a few about, and see if that gives you any inspiration, some of the interviews where he says about what it was he wanted to show might help

i enjoyed mine tbh...

How long did it take to do your proper one? And are you telling me you did every section ie. methodology, lit review, analysis, etc. all in a week? If so props.

Mine I banged out with solid work in a month adn a half. Nuff nights where I got 2 hours sleep and went back to the library straight after.

Guest Malcolm Tucker

i enjoyed mine tbh...

How long did it take to do your proper one? And are you telling me you did every section ie. methodology, lit review, analysis, etc. all in a week? If so props.

Mine I banged out with solid work in a month adn a half. Nuff nights where I got 2 hours sleep and went back to the library straight after.

I didnt have to do methodology, lit review, analysis. Mine was basically a standard essay. only worth 20 credits

lol for real

does my head in

good luck brisco and everyone

BA Graphic Design

where do you study? i'm doing graphic design too

mine is on logo design.. basically the history, changing contexts, predictions for the future yadda yadda

still working on it.. it's been on the backburner as i've had loads of other projects to do

when is the official dissertation deadline? (i.e. when it gets sent off)

does anyone know what happens if you miss it :unsure:

BA Graphic Design

mine is on logo design.. basically the history, changing contexts, predictions for the future yadda yadda

still working on it.. it's been on the backburner as i've had loads of other projects to do

u can ask u supervisor for an extension , just have a good reason for it

Guest Malcolm Tucker

BA Graphic Design

sheffield hallam

its poo tbh, lost so much interest in the subject....

think my dissertation is getting moderated in may

• 2 weeks later...

neeed help, specifically from watchers of the wire.

my title 'The Wire: A TELEVISED DEPICTION OF LOYALTIES AND SOCIAL DECAY IN AN URBAN ENVIRONMENT ' need some episodes to break down. different seasons if possible. cheers

The cycle of duke and nate...

Even if your smart if you have no support there is not much you can do

If you do get support and your stupid you can get out of the struggle

Wallace getting killed by his best friends

When Kenard kills Omar that killers getting younger etc

When Stringer has D'Angelo killed in pen

When Chris takes the wrap and dont snitch

When Levy sets up stringer, shows no matter how street educated you are the people socially above you will always end up better off then you

When Cheese sets up his own uncle for money and status

Aint seen it for time but there just points of the top of my head

Will contribute more when I have time