Digits u a cool brudda so are u TF

D Block London

mill hill is NW though dude.

but its part of Barnet council which is North LDN, but for some gassed reason Mill Hill's postal code is NW

lol its part of barnet council because its in the borough of barnet.

the same way colindale is wven though its NW9.

barnet borough has NW and N postcodes in.

But look on the map and see where it is and it's straight North LOndon

Colindale borders North West areas like Kingsbury, Hendon etc

Mill Hill borders Finchley Central, Whetstone, Totteridge etc North London areas

by the way part of Colindale is also in Brent

so hendon is NW but Mill Hill isnt? even they are both in barnet borough and more or less run paralell to the edgware road.

this is why its pointless talking about london in terms of north/northwest/east etc. coz in reallity its the boroughs and the local councils which matter

Yeh in my opinion the real North West London starts at Hendon and it finishes at Kensal Green, Acton, Queens Park

From Kensal, Queens Park & Acton North Weezy turns into West London

From Hendon NW4 it turns into North London

And Hendon does not lead to Edgware Road it leads to Finchley Road all the way past Swiss Cottage

Colindale leads to Edgware Road

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

but its part of Barnet council which is North LDN, but for some gassed reason Mill Hill's postal code is NW

Mill Hill borders Finchley Central, Whetstone, Totteridge etc North London areas

so hendon is NW but Mill Hill isnt? even they are both in barnet borough and more or less run paralell to the edgware road.

this is why its pointless talking about london in terms of north/northwest/east etc. coz in reallity its the boroughs and the local councils which matter

And Hendon does not lead to Edgware Road it leads to Finchley Road all the way past Swiss Cottage

I never said it did. I meant if you go from mill hill to hendon you are pretty much going paralell to the edgware road. but you consider hendon to be part of north-west but mill hill part of north.

tbh - i dont think anybody cares..

Not saying they do just clearing up some facts certain man don't acknowledge Camden Town as Norf West so..............

Mill Hill is not culturley North West or geographically Norf West

Like i keep saying look at the map it's 10 miles from the West End as well it really close to the outskirts of London

I never said it did. I meant if you go from mill hill to hendon you are pretty much going paralell to the edgware road. but you consider hendon to be part of north-west but mill hill part of north.

Wen u say go from Mill Hill To Hendon are u talking about on the A41? or u talking about from Mill Hill East?

What's so hard to understand that Hendon is closer to North West then Mill Hill?

Plus Hendon is massive too u got West Hendon, Hendon Central etc Hendon touches Cricklewood as well while Mill Hill is just further out

If there was no North Weezy like there is no North East London Brent would be West London and the NW parts of Barnet like Colindale, Hendon etc would be North but since there is a North West i consider the real North West to start at Hendon

You feel so strongly about this why not write to the post office, the London Boroughs, the Counties etc.

Middlesex is a county. Its borders overlap into London because in the past London was much smaller in size but got bigger and swallowed up towns and areas wich were previously classed as Middlesex. Im from south so ill use this as an example as i am more familiar with the geography.

Say 100 years ago, Lewisham would have been in Kent.

Your middlesex/HA postcode argument is the same with Bromley and south east london.

Anywhere in a LONDON BOROUGH is in London. But for administrative reasons Outer London areas keep their prefix wich is closest to whatever main town they are near to. So you have outer London areas which are in London boroughs without LONDON (N,NW, E, EC, WC, SW, SE,W, ) Postcodes. Doesn't mean that they are not in London.

All of this is interchangeable and relative anyway. You shouldn't pay too much attention to the accuracy of postal codes. It is and was merely a device made up by the post office to make their job easier. There is no North East London post code but in some industries the region that would be North east London gets refers to as North East London (Ilford, Redbridge).

A post code doesnt define where an area is, its a rough guide, nothing more nothing less.

You feel so strongly about this why not write to the post office, the London Boroughs, the Counties etc.

Middlesex is a county. Its borders overlap into London because in the past London was much smaller in size but got bigger and swallowed up towns and areas wich were previously classed as Middlesex. Im from south so ill use this as an example as i am more familiar with the geography.

Say 100 years ago, Lewisham would have been in Kent.

Your middlesex/HA postcode argument is the same with Bromley and south east london.

Anywhere in a LONDON BOROUGH is in London. But for administrative reasons Outer London areas keep their prefix wich is closest to whatever main town they are near to. So you have outer London areas which are in London boroughs without LONDON (N,NW, E, EC, WC, SW, SE,W, ) Postcodes. Doesn't mean that they are not in London.

All of this is interchangeable and relative anyway. You shouldn't pay too much attention to the accuracy of postal codes. It is and was merely a device made up by the post office to make their job easier. There is no North East London post code but in some industries the region that would be North east London gets refers to as North East London (Ilford, Redbridge).

A post code doesnt define where an area is, its a rough guide, nothing more nothing less.

Fully co sign tell that to Escapist lol he a cool dude but he wrong on this ocassion

Been saying what you said from the start fam

In my opinion the closer you are to Central London the more you get that true London feeling

There is a huge difference between say living in Ladbroke Grove to living in Chingford simply cos Ladbroke Grove is walking distance from Oxford Street while Chingford is 10 miles from Oxford stret and borders the outskirts of London yet technically they are both London town's

Huge difference between living in a London Inner City and the London Suburb's

Just like to really feel New York's essence you gotta live in Manhattan not Queens

yeh geographically its north east but people refer to it as east. because it has an east postcode not an 'NE' postcode

north west is different coz there is a specific postcode allocated to NW areas. otherwise places would either be north or west.

thats the point im trying to make

im not even that fussed coz as i said its much more to do with boroughs and councils.

Who cares about postcodes unless your still in yr 10

Finchley as a whole is probably much better than most parts of London

it has both modern flats built within the last 5 years as well as the large 6+ bedroom houses which can be admired in east finchley

so the social community there will be a lot

the jews are based more golders green/hendon area (which again are nice areas), you won't see much jews touch finchley unless there hitting hollywood bowls on a monday evening

Who cares about postcodes unless your still in yr 10

Finchley as a whole is probably much better than most parts of London

it has both modern flats built within the last 5 years as well as the large 6+ bedroom houses which can be admired in east finchley

so the social community there will be a lot

the jews are based more golders green/hendon area (which again are nice areas), you won't see much jews touch finchley unless there hitting hollywood bowls on a monday evening

Agreed but i made this topic cos Digits used to live there and i said this to him yet he insisted Finchley changed dramatically to how it was 5 years ago or somethin

I wouldn't say all the Finchley areas are better then most parts of London they are just typical Suburbs they are basically a good representation of Barnet borough very affluent and village like

Only towns in Barnet that can be called endz or hood whatever terms you wanna use are Cricklewood which is only partly in Barnet borough, Colindale which is only partly in Barnet borough & Burnt Oak