Putting on weight + Going gym

Natty

I dont know what it is I CANT put weight on. Been 12 stone for as long as I can remember. Just joined the gym (last week) and been eating a lot more recently, Red Meats, Tuna, pasta etc. Hopefully gonna make a difference fed of being the 6 foot 2 skinny lanky guy :D

This sh*t's f*ck*ng mad hard manThe heat aswell is not helpingI swear its making me dislike foodI actually feel ill right nowOnly had breakfast (3 eggs n croissant), 2 pints of milk with a banana, and the apple and peanutbutter shitbut I feel sickLunch is also ready and it looks hench and actually smells proper nice but just feel urgghhh

Nah man I know how to put on weight. You need to eat more calories than you burn. I eat every 3 hours.
well you've just answered your own question, eat bigger portions more often. u need to bear in mind also that going to the gym ups your calorie consumption quite considerably, especially doing weights.

counting calories looks like a big bag of hype some long ting
you will probably want to get on it later. i don't really worry about it to much tbh, i just eat 4-5 decent sized meals consisting of the right things and 2-3 protein shakes a day and 2-3 litres of water, been putting on weight steadily. @ martinaz, personally think gomad is a weird thing to do to your body, but you probably would be feeling sick anyway, your body has become accustomed to subsisting on minimal input its not used to having more than it needs, keep at it though your appetite should grow and your body will get used to building.

Guest M12 Part 2
I dont know what it is I CANT put weight on. Been 12 stone for as long as I can remember. Just joined the gym (last week) and been eating a lot more recently, Red Meats, Tuna, pasta etc. Hopefully gonna make a difference fed of being the 6 foot 2 skinny lanky guy :D
Thing that's f*cked is i weigh about 14-14.5 stone now. In clothes i look normal. People can only really tell im quite big when im wearing something fitted. When ur 6ft2+ you dont look proper HENCH until you touch 15 stone

This sh*t's f*ck*ng mad hard manThe heat aswell is not helpingI swear its making me dislike foodI actually feel ill right nowOnly had breakfast (3 eggs n croissant), 2 pints of milk with a banana, and the apple and peanutbutter shitbut I feel sickLunch is also ready and it looks hench and actually smells proper nice but just feel urgghhh
thats a lot for breakfast still. im only 10.5 stone, and trying putting on weight, but i cudnt bring my self to eat that for one meal then to have lunch 3-4 hours later, ive just had 3 scrambled eggs on toast, a multi vit, and gonna have some fruit and a shake soon before i got to the gym

A little update for you lotstill going with the GODMAD.Except I'm not drinking 4 litres. but basically just drinking the whole of a big tub which is 3.4 litres. done one of those everyday since saturday. I am going up a 1kg a day. I've not done any excercise or gym related activity what so ever, if I feel like the weight's starting to just go to my belly or something then I'll start that sh*t, not bothered right now though.Also I have noticed the more I eat, the hungrier I get. It is kinda mad.Also if you're thinking bout doing GOMAD, literally the first 2 days are the worst. After that you begin to get used to it. Was going to get the magnesium tables cos I thought I NEEDED them, but haven't bothered and I think I'll be okay to carry on drinking the milk for another 3 weeks with no issues.

Glad to see you are getting on it you lil' muhf*cka. When I come back form my holiday I may be hitting up a new gym in Wood Green on White Hart Lane called New River. If I do go, you can buck up with me and we can train together.As for counting calorie, it's not that long actually. I used to take time to analyse food content to see what kind of meals I should cook and what could substitute other things and that.

Glad to see you are getting on it you lil' muhf*cka. When I come back form my holiday I may be hitting up a new gym in Wood Green on White Hart Lane called New River. If I do go, you can buck up with me and we can train together.As for counting calorie, it's not that long actually. I used to take time to analyse food content to see what kind of meals I should cook and what could substitute other things and that.
:Y:Where you going holiday g?

Say I was trying to put on weight + going gym would doing kickboxing be bad as I will burn more calories?
My advice: don't do any kind of physical exercise apart from weightlifting if you're "trying to put on weight". I'm serious. Don't walk to the gym, get a taxi. Get somebody to brush your teeth for you. Just in case you burn some extra calories.:/Some people have no common sense I swear.Do weights and whatever other exercise you want. You should be doing strenuous cardiovascular exercise for at least 3 x 30 mins a week imo. If yo're trying to put on weight then just find out what you need to eat to maintain weight and add about 500 calories in healthy, high-protein foods.

Guest M12 Part 2
back on this bulking tinggot back up to 12 and a half stone alreadygunna try get to 14 - 15 stone by the time i hit uni
this is stupid. if u put on 2.5 stone in one summer most of it is going to be fat. Your body cant actually put on that much muscle in such a short period of time. You should aim to be in decent shape all year round. Cutting and bulking to those extremes aint gonna work unless your on steroids and have a perfect diet to back it

:Y:Where you going holiday g?
Dominican Republic for 2 weeks. Not sure if I'll be hitting up the gum though. Depends on how long it is to get home from there and that but I might do it still. Either way, if I do I'll holla at you. You should just bang out press ups, chin ups, etc for now until you get into the whole gym routine properly.