Graduate unemployment 'at a 17-year high'

Supermalt

yilmaz with all these pearls of wisdom, why didn't you go to uni?

not clever enough

wait...u didn't go uni?

how can u beg the educated elitist to such an extent with a straight face?

wait i specifically remember u suggesting u went to a really good uni (as part of yur attempts to de-value another forum member).

nah, that's angelo.

search my posts pls, all usernames as well.

"tosser" is also one of my old sobriquets

ty

nah mate

are u greyfox?

cuz if so

i definitely remember u implying u went to a top 5 uni

going on about how yur going to be a lawyer and what not

brother...this is some seriously sad sh*t u've be livin

who's to say none of that is true?

i have to say it again, there are a few posters who know a lot about me on here and could verify what I say/do etc

the rest of u, i just tr0ll for luhlz

Oh yeah, fwiw, I don't IMPLY. If I say it, I say it. If I don't then it's in your head.

Not even speaking about transferrable skills because I'd say nearly every degree will give you that.

But with some degrees, you can get involved in other subjects (eg, physics to engineering, Engineering to investment etc etc). But business??? Just some retail manager skill really.

each uni is different, but business degrees have lots of different areas of study.. economics, hr, marketing, finance etc.. various different career paths to follow.

dunno what uni you go to, but at the career fairs at my uni, lots of the companies were after people with any business related degree for their graduate schemes. Of course some companies wanted people with technical degrees, but a lot wanted business related. And some were just asking for people with any degree, regardless of subject, as long as it was 2.1 minimum.

What about them non skill degrees like business?

1) You're crazy if you think you don't gain skills from these degrees

2) You (and ppl) in general are kinda missing the point - it ain't always about WHAT you do, it's about HOW you do it, and what you gain from it.

I know a girl who did Town Planning who now earns a v healthy salary in a non-degree related job. She worked her ass off to get there.

Think transferrable skills.

Not even speaking about transferrable skills because I'd say nearly every degree will give you that.

But with some degrees, you can get involved in other subjects (eg, physics to engineering, Engineering to investment etc etc). But business??? Just some retail manager skill really.

u ccan do literally anything with a business degree

most graduate jobs even ask for business related degrees

nah mate

are u greyfox?

cuz if so

i have to say it again, there are a few posters who know a lot about me on here and could verify what I say/do etc

Oh yeah, fwiw, I don't IMPLY. If I say it, I say it. If I don't then it's in your head.

bruv yur mistaken if u think yur sum sort of mysterious character of interest

yur a liar

and an obviously very insecure individual

i just found yur attempts at pretending to be sumthin that yur not amusing...other than that i dn't particularly care

I know of engineering grads who work at banks/funds (if that's what he meant). It's defo not uncommon. The trend with many students now is: Study something you have a personal interest in > get a grad job in whatever makes the most money even if unrelated to degree. Not sure if it's ever been different actually.

this is me.

i know it seems strange to some people and for others they weigh job satisfaction and the context of their work more...

but being raised in a heavily capitalistic environment my mentality is naturally more towards taking any oppourtunity to maximise the value of what im trying to capture...

in this case its my income, which for me is what a job is mainly about because people wouldnt be doing most jobs for free. i understand why people might not feel the same as me though.

nah mate

are u greyfox?

cuz if so

LOL guy is straight up lying. Definitely used to say he went to uni. And lol at the claiming you just tr0ll for laughs. There were times when this forum caused arguments in your real life relationship coz you were so bothered about what people thought that you wouldn't defend your own girlfriend online!

nah mate

are u greyfox?

cuz if so

LOL guy is straight up lying. Definitely used to say he went to uni. And lol at the claiming you just tr0ll for laughs. There were times when this forum caused arguments in your real life relationship coz you were so bothered about what people thought that you wouldn't defend your own girlfriend online!

well let's do the maths a second...

why would i come on here and say i didn't go to university...to make myself look smart?

lul

why would i say "not clever enough" in all honesty

the point is, in one poast i said i have been to uni, and in other poasts i said i haven't

i tell a whole bunch of stories on here but the verifiable stuff is verifiable

superstition knows

and yeah, I got a 10k scholarship to do law from Gray's Inn...man can up the letter with "VIP2" written on it if you want (I actually got two scholarships)

the only person that knows everything (up to us splitting up) is charliechalk and i doubt she'll be revealing too much anytime soon

ill stay getting it in

• Downvote 1

u can do a course on lady gaga..

University offers Lady Gaga sociology course

The University of South Carolina has developed a sociology course dedicated to the life, work and rise to fame of pop star Lady Gaga.

Lady Gaga and the Sociology of the Fame is to be taught by Professor Mathieu Deflem, a fan of the singer.

Course documents said students would learn to "engage in sound and substantiated scholarly thinking" on issues related to her fame.

The course, which has its own blog, is due to start in spring 2011.

The Belgian born sociologist, whose research interests also include counter-terrorism, international policing, crime control and internet technology, says he has seen Lady Gaga in concert 30 times.

'Sociological dimensions'

"We're going to look at Lady Gaga as a social event," Prof Deflem told the USC student newspaper, the Daily Gamecock.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/education-11672679