Champions League Play-Off Round

Badman

Are you man serious? We are Arsenal, them teams fear us way more than we should ever fear them. They are potential banana skins that you can't take lightly, but we are a last 16 Champions League team for the last ten years...
Teams dont fear us no more...well deffo prem teams dont anyway, the trend is growingOur greatest rivals beating us at home after 2-0 upteams coming back from 4-0 down to nearly beating uslosing a cup final to a relegated team and generally being on the backfoot all gamethis never used to happenedit. quoted wrong quote

Full name: Udinese CalcioFrom: Udine, ItalyHome ground: Stadio Friuli (40,000)Manager: Francesco Guidolin
  • Arsenal have never played against Udinese before.
  • Udinese qualified for the Play-Off with a goalless draw against champions Milan on the final day of the season, which earned them a fourth-place finish.
  • It is the second time in their history that they have qualified for the Play-Off draw. The other occasion was in 2004/5 when the club went on to beat Sporting Lisbon 4–2 on aggregate to reach the Champions League proper.
  • They play attractive football, and striker Antonio Di Natale has been Serie A top scorer for the past two seasons.
  • Udinese’s Stadio Friuli holds 40,000.
  • Arsenal have enjoyed significant success against Italian sides in the Champions League in recent years. Including a win on penalties against Roma to get to the Quarter-Finals of the Champions League in 2008/09, beating AC Milan 2-0 at the San Siro in 2007/08, beating Juventus in the Quarter-Finals in 2005/06 and beating Inter 5-1 at the San Siro in 2003/04.

Lol, Prem teams still fear us, they just figured us out and know we will gift them chances. Teams still come to our ground looking for a draw, allow talking like we are food.Squillaci.Squillaci.Hmm.Correct there.
This is my fearwe gift a lot of team chances nowadayslol @ thinking this is gonna be an easy rideand especially if pre-season is anything to go by....well to a certain extent its not but its not as if were gonna field a stronger defence :D

Guest Portuguese

Udinese's CL hopes was doomed the moment they sold Sanchez. It is sad because Udinese could have targeted the 15m or so you get for playing in the group stage of the CL, by keeping some of their playersArsenal will beat them. That said, they have a quality coach but if you look at the bigger picture Udinese are not a UCL club.Also just realized the fact Udinese are well known for their scouting and having dozens of players on loan every year. There's a chance there are new Zapatas, Inlers and Sanchezs there. Also - Nasri, RVP and Wenger will miss 1st leg, plus return game is sandwiched between matches against MU and Liverpool.

Yeh thats the only thing for me. We can beat Udinese but our august fixture list isNewcastle AUdinese HLiverpool HUdinese AMan Utd A I mean if we f*ck up newcastle away then thats more pressure for the home leg etc. I dont even really want to think about what can go wrong tbh.

Newcastle AUdinese HLiverpool HUdinese AMan Utd A
I know we're favourites, but THIS here is our opening 5 games. This coinciding with transfers IN and OUT, and injuries means whilst they might fear us, if you think we're winning all those fixtures you're dreaming, and if we want to be taken seriously we need to beat title contenders and at the same time qualify for the group stages.Those 5 games with THIS squad? :D

I look at our opening month like this, our season can't die in August, the only thing it can kill is Wenger faith in these lot before the window shuts, which some of you would think is a good thing... Amazed he re-found it in the summer but I guess the first 6 months of the season impressed him that much...TBH Vermaelen back is a big plus, the problem is more when he ain't, as Djouoru & Koscielny ain't assuring at all together and Squillaci ain't good enough over the course of a season to fill in, and Djouoru needs to re-find his form ASAP. Defensively here is to hoping - Vermaelen makes it through the season, Koscielny is a year wiser and better, that Gibbs is better than Clichy, and Almunia never runs out on a pitch for Arsenal.