Paolo Di Canio Resigns from Swindon, then gets sacked at Sunderland

Lieutenant

"His position as head coach means the director of football signed all of those players. We've got this European model now in place at Sunderland and I think that was also one of the issues.

"Di Canio is quite a control freak and he wasn't really in charge of that side of things. He has gone on record as saying he wasn't happy with some of the players we've signed and they also soon after he was sacked one of those players.

"Apparently there was a training ground bust-up today, so I think that's probably the reason why he's gone."

Fair dos if he didn't sign them players, thought some of them signings were odd for him.

"His position as head coach means the director of football signed all of those players. We've got this European model now in place at Sunderland and I think that was also one of the issues.

"Di Canio is quite a control freak and he wasn't really in charge of that side of things. He has gone on record as saying he wasn't happy with some of the players we've signed and they also soon after he was sacked one of those players.

"Apparently there was a training ground bust-up today, so I think that's probably the reason why he's gone."

Fair dos if he didn't sign them players, thought some of them signings were odd for him.

Source?

/

Why do you think they were odd signings for him? Seeing as this is only his second job an his first was at a league 2 team you don't really know what sort of signings he'd make do you?

Was inevitible think he's proven he is a decent coach at swindon

Needed to give him till xmas at least

That sunderland squad needs to be sacked

#Monlegacy

Why do you think they were odd signings for him? Seeing as this is only his second job an his first was at a league 2 team you don't really know what sort of signings he'd make do you?

That quote was from the editor of the Sunderland fanzine.

Some of the signings were too obscure.

At Premier League level you've got to bring in some players who know the league, Di Canio was here long enough to know that himself.

Given funds and the choice I wouldn't expect him to be bringing in some of the nonames I was seeing on Sky Sports this summer, didn't make any sense at all to me at the time.

Would have probably expected him to go with a few more Italians like he did at Swindon and reading some articles it did say he didn't get his targets.

• Upvote 1