Help from parents as an adult..

Supermalt

i dont get what the big deal is getting help from parents, WTF are they earning money for?

unless youre a lazy spongebob, i dont see the problem. I have some friends like this ..in serious financial problems but too proud to ask parents. i got my mortgage support from mine, and they helped through uni i had no shame asking for £50 when i needed it. 

this day and age when people on 60k cant afford a mortgage in london..of course parents would need to chip in. 

if theyre not in a position to its a different matter, but even then they can still help in any way possible. 

is it your twitter followers or 8000 facebook "friends" gonna help? 

i dont get what the big deal is getting help from parents, WTF are they earning money for?

unless youre a lazy spongebob, i dont see the problem. I have some friends like this ..in serious financial problems but too proud to ask parents. i got my mortgage support from mine, and they helped through uni i had no shame asking for £50 when i needed it.

this day and age when people on 60k cant afford a mortgage in london..of course parents would need to chip in.

if theyre not in a position to its a different matter, but even then they can still help in any way possible.

People who expect their parents to help when they are struggling themselves baffle me to no end. I think it makes you an inconsiderate self absorbed individual. When you are an adult ur parents are no longer responsible for you. Why have any expectation they should help when they are poor themselves

Whys your mum buyin your furniture on her credit an her fridge ain full?

My mum gave me a score a few months ago but other than that i get piss all since about 16

i said that to bee conservative - i dont necessarily believe in that

is it just like being at home and working and your parents asking you for rent/money?

why is this?

if the scenario is the other way round then they wouldnt care that their 'children' are living in their house.. their children have jobs so that should make them happy

but they ask for rent money - so its kinda a left and right answer

People who expect their parents to help when they are struggling themselves baffle me to no end. I think it makes you an inconsiderate self absorbed individual. When you are an adult ur parents are no longer responsible for you. Why have any expectation they should help when they are poor themselves

My mum gave me a score a few months ago but other than that i get piss all since about 16

sadly, this is the mentality carribeans especially have. its why on the food chain of the west they are at the bottom of the barrel.

im afraid it is actually very self centred of the PARENT not to support their child as best as possible whenever that need arises. 

that's one (key word being one) of the reasons why other cultures are moving ahead.

investing in your kids is investing in your future generations, not just getting to 19 and because your son has a frigging job at tesco hes somehow now independent.

i know an asian parent on less than 30k putting her child through private school. 

said black mum will still find all her luxuries to enjoy and it would be "obvious" that she cant afford no private school as she's earning less than 30k. 

buying furniture and all that is not what im talking about..

thats a reason why recent stats in america showed that Middle class black families have done little or nothing to improve their kids lot as their children are certtainly not middle class and still struggling. that is why you are still struggling

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

Tbf I see nothing wrong with building some kind of wealth with your kids.

I certainly wouldn't just hang my kid out to dry if he's like 28 and needs something but I ain't buying him a PlayStation 10 cause he's spent all his money, but things like mortgage, transport, further education aren't just trivial things, if I can push him that extra mile without him acquiring alot of debt then that's in my interest too.

By then a 1 bed flat will cost £2m anyway he'll need a co-sign from his entire extended family

sadly, this is the mentality carribeans especially have. its why on the food chain of the west they are at the bottom of the barrel.

im afraid it is actually very self centred of the PARENT not to support their child as best as possible whenever that need arises.

that's one (key word being one) of the reasons why other cultures are moving ahead.

investing in your kids is investing in your future generations, not just getting to 19 and because your son has a frigging job at tesco hes somehow now independent.

i know an asian parent on less than 30k putting her child through private school.

said black mum will still find all her luxuries to enjoy and it would be "obvious" that she cant afford no private school as she's earning less than 30k.

buying furniture and all that is not what im talking about..

thats a reason why recent stats in america showed that Middle class black families have done little or nothing to improve their kids lot as their children are certtainly not middle class and still struggling. that is why you are still struggling

None of this applies to me or my family.

I went to private school, did a multitude of extra curricular activities from 3 up and was provided for. Other family members also have invested in me whilst i was in education

Hard times are hard times. Do you know what struggling is?

If you do then you cant EXPECT help when you are fully capable of providing for yourself

I've got nothing against investing in your children. My mum invested in all of us an we are successes in our own right

Furthermore when i look at other black families i know. The parents do help even when they are strugglin but to accept this help or worse expect is is fuckin selfish

my mom struggled hard can remember as a kid finding 10 pound and i gave half to her so she can buy us all dinner, soon as i left skool i had to work to have money my mom couldnt afford to support me i had to pay board soon as i got my 2nd wage pack, she made me into the worker i am today trust i dont rely on nobody EVER i get so depressed when im not earning my money....she worked hard all her life...she left her kids with her house to sell and buy their own place....my dad is loaded and i could easily ask him 4 money but i swear i have never asked him for a single penny even wen iv been on my arse i would rather go out teefing than ask for anything bt thats just me

Tbf I see nothing wrong with building some kind of wealth with your kids.

I certainly wouldn't just hang my kid out to dry if he's like 28 and needs something but I ain't buying him a PlayStation 10 cause he's spent all his money, but things like mortgage, transport, further education aren't just trivial things, if I can push him that extra mile without him acquiring alot of debt then that's in my interest too.

By then a 1 bed flat will cost £2m anyway he'll need a co-sign from his entire extended family