Tottenham Hotspur Official Topic

n/a

hes sh*t typical clown keeper signing for spurs

Was a load of sh*t made up by the Sun....

Fiorentina midfielder Mario Alberto Santana has distanced himself from a potential move to Tottenham by claiming he, like Fiorentina, hasn't heard a thing.Reports in England claimed that La Viola had reached a deal with Spurs over their Argentine midfielder but this was quickly denied by the Artemio Franchi club. Santana has now reiterated his side's stance and it seems highly unlikely that he will move to White Hart Lane as he is focused on doing well with Fiorentina. “Me to Tottenham? So many things are said and written but I am fine in Florence,” Santana told Stadio News. “My mother showed me the papers but I don't know anything at all. “My agent would have called me if there was anything concrete and now I am hoping to return to Italy on June 30 because our pre-season begins on July 7. “The interest of other clubs pleases me because it shows that I have done well.” Santana was in great form last term for his club and his consistency on the pitch ensured they finished with a place in the Champions League. It doesn't seem as if the player would be interested in giving up the chance to shine on the big European stage in favour of a move to Tottenham.

And here's a completely unsubstantiated comment from 'spursmanintheknow' that may stand to cause much delight to Tottenhamnites across the www, posted on the Setanta News site of all places," ...the big name signing that has been doing the rounds on the Internet Eto'o, Milito, Van der Vaart, Huntalaar (sic) are all false, i can tell you for fact it will be David Villa the deal was done last week when Comolli was in Spain and will be announced when Spain are out of the Euros. Another deal expected to take place early next week is Diarra from portsmouth for 9mil. kaboul will be going to Pompey for 5mil and Tainio will link up with Martin Jol at Hamburg for 2mil..... I will let you know any more news from inside the club as soon as I heard (sic) anything concrete.... p.s Spurs fans who havent seen Modric play before make you watch croatia this summer, you're in for a treat."Interesting...
from hh
LOL, all over the web now...

If Spurs signedVilla, Bentley, Diarra, Dunne + Gomesand kept BerbatovI'd be very, very worried if I was a 'Pool fan.I'd be extremely pissed off as a Villa fan.Gomes,Hutton, King, Woodgate, BaleBentley, Diarra, Modric, Dos Santos,Berbatov, Villa.Robinson, Dunne, Gunter, Zokora, Jenas, Lennon, Keane.That first 17 is absolutely f*ck*ng sickening.There is sooo many options there.

I stated we could easily afford him, the original asking price was £18m-£25m, up front, we can pay that.Of course if a bidding war was to ensue we would then have to fund the sale of Dimi to further it.But like i said, Villa to Spurs has a very, very, very slim chance of ever happening.We heard the same about Modric though, only wanting to join a CL team, and hey presto, look what happened there, so that point is void from the get go.

And like i keep saying, i am skeptical as well.And i dont read the Sun, wherever the Guardian got it from, i dont care, but what i was told, was £18-£25m, starting.Plus whoever he goes to, i doubt it will be anything over that, minus if he goes to West London Blue.

ive seen him play on a regshe is a clowncan be very good on his day so can robinson he is better then robinsonbut you lot need a safe pair of hands not someone nuts like him

Good Article...

Press reports suggest Spurs will be looking to wrap up a deal for Blackburn’s David Bentley for between £12m-15m now Paul Ince has been appointed as the new manager at Ewood Park. However, there are also reports that this will lead to the sale of Aaron Lennon to Newcastle for £6m.If these figures are to be believed Tottenham will be paying more than double Lennon’s worth on a player who’s arguably on a par in terms of talent and potential as their flying winger.David Bentley is 23 and has come a long way since he was a talented youngster at Arsenal. He’s made 129 Premier League appearances and scored 15 goals. His main attributes are his ability on the ball, his crossing and his set-piece taking. He is incredibly confident (some may argue too confident) and has recently burst into the national side winning 6 caps. The outspoken Blackburn star is in complete contrast to Spurs’ Aaron Lennon who’s won 9 caps and has played in 82 Premier League games for Tottenham (7 goals). Whereas Bentley has courted controversy whether criticising his former club or shunning the U21 Euro Championships, Lennon is hardly ever in the public eye and rarely interviewed.Their careers have followed differing paths with Lennon bursting onto the scene following some superb displays in a Tottenham shirt as a teenager after a bargain £1m transfer from Leeds before struggling to fulfil early promise. Bentley on the other hand had a less remarkable start to his career after being sold to Rovers by the Gunners before coming to the fore in the past two seasons at Ewood Park.Premier 10Lennon may have lost his way at White Hart Lane in terms of form but surely would be an absolute snip at £6m for Kevin Keegan. His pace is undoubtedly his main asset and if he could regain his confidence there’s no doubt he could well become David Beckham’s direct replacement in the national side, like many thought he would. His final ball has been found lacking in recent seasons but he has all the raw talent to be a huge asset. Bentley’s final ball is of the highest quality already but whether he is almost 3 times the player Lennon is according to their reported price tags is highly questionable.So would Spurs fans prefer Bentley to Lennon in their starting line-up or would you like both players at the club? Would you contemplate selling Lennon to Newcastle for such a low figure or what would you consider to be a realistic price? Finally would Geordie fans welcome the faltering flying winger to St James’ and do you think King Kev would be the man to restore the youngster’s form and confidence

SMH @ us if we sell Lennon for only £6m.Epic SMH if we sell him to those geordies, doubtful i know.I would probably prefer to keep Lennon over Bentley, but the way our squad is looking its simple to see that having two speed midgets on the wing just wont work. So its just a case of selling Lennon now after bringing in Bentley just to balance out the team.When we do sign Bentely, he will have ALOT of sh*t to do, to win me over.

Guest Robin_Van_PersG

Bentley is everything lennon is, but with better passing, crossing, shooting, set piece and versitility (bentley can actually play on the left and in the hole).Won't be happy if we sign him as i prefer milner and Nzog. A 5million raise would be good business for spurs. bentley>>>Lennon by a stupid amount.

i bet bently doesnt have that much more assits than lennon in his 150 games compared to lennons 83...the season before last lennon was actully instrumental in basically every goal we created, even if he didnt play the final assist he was involved in the build up....people over look how good lennon ws playing just because they think hes all pace and nothing else....last season he also started taking corners which will help his game...