Liverpool. Whats the problem?

Davicious X

He didn't bring through sh*t Brian Kidd groomed them and made Fergie awareHe just played themIt took Ferguson like 7 years to bring through his crop of youngsters Rafa has onyl been here 3 1/2 seasons.
So Wenget works with all the youngers at Arsenal day in day out?Skeen....So if Rafa was given 4more years you think he will bring through that amount of english players at the samiesh quality?Skeen....

• Replies 144
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ferguson's flops are rarely mentioned.People are putting it down to Benitez but its ben the downfall of Liverpool over the past 10 years. You get what you pay for isn't a meaningless cliche, you might buy a player with potential over a proven player and save some cash but the risk factor of him flopping involved is much higher.Some of his buys have been flops and others have been successes.Reina, Alonso, Masch, Torres, Arbeloa, Agger, Crouch have all been sound buys in my opinion.Some of his most recent buys have shown promise that they can be important players for us (Babel, Benayoun).and others have just been awful (Kuyt).My problem with Rafa is that he puts too much faith in players that aren't performing.

The fact of the matter is Benitez is a fantastic man manager, but he is shocking in the transfer market.Facts and stats can be argued every which way, but he signs too many players that arn't top four standard, and replaces the wrong ones.Liverpool have needed wingers and fullbacks ever since he's been there, hes tried to fill the positions but to no avail.Yes, Arbeloa is good, but he is nowhere near consistent enough.Wether thats 'cause he's a victim of Benitez's rotation or not remainds to be seen.Take every signing in the first XI that Benitez has made;Reina,Arbeloa,Agger,Alonso,Mascherano,Torres,Kuyt.And compare them to the counterparts;Reina - worse than Cech, on a par with VDS, better than AlmuniaArbeloa - at LB - worse than Evra, Clichy and Cole/Bridge - at RB - worse than Sagna, Neville on a par with Brown, worse than Belleti.Agger worse than Vidic/Ferdinand, Gallas/Toure and Terry/Carvalho.Alonso - worse than Scholes, Carrick and Anderson, worse than Fabregas - Chelsea don't have a deep-lying playmaker.Mascherano - better than Hargreaves, Flamini. Better than Makelele when Makelele is off form, but recently he's been doing it.Torres - fantastic signing, no argument hereKuyt - i dont think i need to explain.Benayoun - not really compareable to any other player in the others squads - i like him though.I know it's all ifs and buts comparing players on skill alone and different attributes make up a team, but the fact of the matter is Benitez doesnt (usually) sign players that are good enough to play for the other top 4.Players that show the potential (Babel, Crouch) don't get a chance when they impress and he continues to stick with players that have been horribly off form for ages (Kewell, Kuyt).Anelka said it about 8 months ago, something along the lines of 'Gerrard saves Rafa everytime they are in a sticky situation', and I didn't really agree with him then, but looking back on it he seems right.
I respect your opinion but some of it is sh*tArbeloa you said is worse than Bridge,Neville,Sagna,Baletti and on par with Brown biggrin.gif . Neville he is better than same with Beletti,Sagna,Bridge. Bought for £2million BARGAIN has had Ronaldinho and Messi on LOCKAgger is better than Gallas,Terry atleast he is younger and can improveAlonso worse than CarrickfdgjnfdfgklgHim and Scholes and Anderson different types of players
Yeh they are, but they are all playmakers, there has to be some comparison between the midfields somewhereAnd for Arbeloa, yeh hes a good player (his price is irelevant when it comes to winning leagues btw), he was a good signing, and i do think he is good enough, but the fact of the matter is this season he has not been as consistent as them other fullbacks. like i said, wether its cause of the rotation policy or not is not up to me to speculate, cos no one knows how you'd of done if benitez sticked with a similair side throughout... but his performances at left back (over a SHORTER period of games than the others) haven't been as consistant, same at right back and his three or four at centre back).It's no use being a fantastic left back one week, then an average right back and centre back the next week (EVEN though its not his fault).And again, injuries cant be helped - and of course people arnt gonna be on form constantly, but carricks/andersons performances this season, and scholes' earlier ones >>> alonso's in the premiership.yeah, over the past 3 years or so Alonso has been a great player, but if you cant do it consistently over a 38 game season then you ain't good enough to win the league (im not saying he isnt capable, because he is).Carrick + Scholes were absolutely fantastic throughout last season.Whatever two from the four united have had in midfield this season have been fantastichave Liverpools? no.the reasons for it are irrelevant, wether its bad luck (injuries), lack of form (cos of rotation) or the players just arn't good enough, the fact is the alonso's/arbeloas havent done it (consistently throughout the season) and the carricks/browns have done.

Guest Robin_Van_PersG
the drawing mentality which all comes back to the manager - Benitez seems to see a draw as a point gained rather than 2 lost (you'll find liverpools loss record with benitez is quite low but theres been loads of draws). In the cups you can draw a whol heap of games and still get gold but not in the league. Don't forget pool were only 1 minute from securing a draw today which obviously is still sh*t but they would have gone on to win the 2nd leg same as they did against luton then been 3 matches (3 draws and penalties) away from ading another cup.And yeah obviously he needs to either settle on a system/style of playing and/or a best 11. its been 3 seasons now for f*ck sake.
Makes no senseclean the board and start again
why try it? its dead f*cking obvious. Champions league you can draw 50% of your games and make it out of the group stages and win a few knockout games on penalties/away goals. FA cup gives you replays. In the league Liverpool were unbeaten as long as arsenal were at one stage but they drew too many to be close enough.Liverpool don't lose that much but draw nuff.

Liverpool cant finish off games thats is all no hype I can say i never seen raffa put out a sh*t team, he put out a team to win, the players need to start taking the blame
Ding ding.I have only seen one team dominate against us all season that was Arsenal.We have 2 match winners in are team.If they arent on form or not playing we struggle to score.We are a few players away from a title winning team.I hope we are given enough money to buy the players we need and dont have to settle for the Pennants of this world instead of the Alves'.Also if Benitez does stay I hope he has learnt his lesson from this season.

QUIT BLAMING THE PLAYERS.Rafa KEEPS ON ROTATING.Look at BenayounMan scores a few goals... and the next game he was on sub benchWHYWOULD YOUSUB A PLAYERWHO IS ON TOP FORM AND CLINICAL IN FRONT OF GOALOBVIOUSLY ITS GONNA EFFECT HIS MORALESURPRISE SURPRISE.. the next match Benayoun plays in he plays absolutely sh*tBenayouns an example of MANY players at our club.He did the same with Babel the other day.. Babel was tormenting them and who did Rafa bring on to replace him FOR NO REASON? KEWELLHe will never learn. We will be seeing this week in week out.

How can peopel say we have a SQUAD good enough but then blame benitez when he sends out players in our squad suppoesdly capable of winning the league.Surely a contradiction. And how is it benitez fault when the team has 20 shots on goal and converts one. Yes he has his faults but some arguements dont make sense.Like i said before, everyone seems to be an expert when it comes to liverpool.

Just pointing out Rafas faults during games and team selectionsTactics are on pointThe players are doing well for themselves we are dominating games with good organization but fail to kill the game offIts Rafas shocking decision making at times which piss me off.Why play Itanje? COME ON. Not like Reinas gonna get tired playing against BarnesleyHim taking off Babel is still pissing me.

I agree with both Q and Murks in a way.I was literally shouting at the TV when I saw him taking off Babel, he had the beating of that full back 100%.But at the same time, on another day that game would have ended 6-1. The keeper played the game of his life and it became obvious to me after the Crouch/Benayoun chance that we weren't gonna win.But from a more general point of view, Rafa needs to accept that certain players he has put faith in simply aren't good enough and no matter how much support he gives them they never will be. The squad isn't good enough either, too many inconsistent players who give us false hope every so often.

Just pointing out Rafas faults during games and team selectionsTactics are on pointThe players are doing well for themselves we are dominating games with good organization but fail to kill the game offIts Rafas shocking decision making at times which piss me off.Why play Itanje? COME ON. Not like Reinas gonna get tired playing against BarnesleyHim taking off Babel is still pissing me.
The guy needs some 1st team experience and in all fairness to him he wasn't to blame for the goals.I think he should have started with Gerrard though, killed the game early and then brought on some of the 2nd string.

Anyone watching the reserves on LFC TV?Insua is playing sick think he will be are future LB.Gerardo Bruna who was apparently Real Madrids answer to Messi before he joined us has just come on.Nemnth is playing well should have at least one goal tonight.No pacheco tonight got a knock in under 18s.Newcastle keeper is doing sick.

Insua is f*cking sick his runs from left back and into the box are f*cking immense.This kid is something special if anyhow he doesn't become first choice by 2009 we might aswell stop the youth set up.Nemeth is very good missed a few chances.That Bruna guy has alot of hype surrounding him thats for surePlessis is sick also