Rah, Estelle Top Of The Charts

Young £

If you were rewarded for work ethic, Then she deserves to be there. She s been on the grind for year. I remeber her in the carnival in 2001 and she was rappin on some double decker bus, with a couple goons tryna get some exposure, She has come a long way.It jsut goes to show what the american touch could do to your career.I personally dont think she is all that , but I respect her grind.Good look for her 1980 was a top ten as well right? lol @ making a english boy spin off at this moment in time its not necessary it could only damage her career

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

im feelin this tune alot still.Havnt seen Tf post in here...wanna hear his scoop.Its kinda obvious that kanye on the beat = number 1 but she did come correct so u cant even really put it down to that alone.hopefully her performance and skill will push her into the greater echelons of the music industry.The uk game needs someone up there who is going to bring people in on a serious global level...thats just my opinion though.Hope she blows stateside

Guest Mickey Kane
im feelin this tune alot still.Havnt seen Tf post in here...wanna hear his scoop.Its kinda obvious that kanye on the beat = number 1 but she did come correct so u cant even really put it down to that alone.hopefully her performance and skill will push her into the greater echelons of the music industry.The uk game needs someone up there who is going to bring people in on a serious global level...thats just my opinion though.Hope she blows stateside
Errrm, has Kanye West ever had a number 1 hit?

Guest LOGers
tbh i dont think she can sing.shes just lucky with the connections she has.leona lewis-------------------->estelle.
shes a gd rapper thoughshe comes like lauren hill not da best lookin women *not sayin shes ugly*Stronger Rapper Than Vocalist.With a good team behind her.
As a vocalist Lauren Hill is still on point, so that comparison is void. Lauren is a pretty woman as well, she's just a piece crazy.Anyway back on topic, congrats to Estelle, she's been rewarded for her hard work, and Mick I think 'Stronger' was a no1 single...

StrongerAnd its not a Kanye beat, he's just raps. It's a Will.I.Am beat

Guest PROFIT2

no hate but i dont feel how the whole song is just a big bum lick towards the US (bait to make it over there)...plus i would like too see if she cud do the same without kanye on the track...cant sing come of the lilly catidge...bit sh*t at rapping as well tbh

Guest PROFIT2
how exacly is she going to do this?she aint bringin in no one....lily and amy brought her imo

Swear it's a Kanye and Timbaland beat.**EDIT: oh just clocked, I thought you were talking about "Stronger"

The tunes decent and lets be honest she's not ugly, the reason most people automatically think this is because she's not lightskinned. I bet if it was someone like Leona Lewis singing 'American Boy', the opinions would be more positive. rolleyes.gif 1980 was a decent track too.I rate her. cant knock the hustle.

The tunes decent and lets be honest she's not ugly, the reason most people automatically think this is because she's not lightskinned. I bet if it was someone like Leona Lewis singing 'American Boy', the opinions would be more positive. rolleyes.gif 1980 was a decent track too.I rate her. cant knock the hustle.
Nah blud, she's butters as is Leona. She favour's Red Rum the horse, both in complexion and features. Them nostrils are not the one or the two. Ontop of that, she just reminds me of mandem.Bottom line she cant sing. The only thing that shes got going for her voice is she is singing through nostrils and she sounds as bad live as she does on record

Nah blud, she's butters as is Leona. She favour's Red Rum the horse, both in complexion and features. Them nostrils are not the one or the two. Ontop of that, she just reminds me of mandem.Bottom line she cant sing. The only thing that shes got going for her voice is she is singing through nostrils and she sounds as bad live as she does on record
Ok, maybe Leona was a bad comparison...but I used her purely on complexion. However the reason still stands, she isn't UGLY, thats an exaggeration.and as for her singing voice, would you say Lilly Allen has a good singing voice?

Ok, maybe Leona was a bad comparison...but I used her purely on complexion. However the reason still stands, she isn't UGLY, thats an exaggeration.and as for her singing voice, would you say Lilly Allen has a good singing voice?
Nope, but she sounds better. Funniest thing is I never realised how bad Lily Allens voice was until the other day.

Guest djbmc

i don't like this song, another excuse for americans to brag about how good they are, with estelle basically sating "my country's retarded i wanna walk/talk/dress like youuuuuuuuuuuuu"

how exacly is she going to do this?she aint bringin in no one....lily and amy brought her imo
No she bought her self thru the door. Lill & amy didnt do sh*t for no one but themselves.And we need to stop waiting fror some hero for th Uk to bring people thru, It aint gonna happen, every individual is on his/her own grind unfortunately and when they blow they dont really owe anything to the next man on the come up

That bringing through nonesense doesnt work, its a myth. If you got the talent and someone similar to you has buss before you then you will get people taking more notice of what your doing. This is what has happened in Estelle's case. Corrine Bailey and Amy Wino have buss before her so theres more attention on female songstresses from this side of the pavement.Bringing people through directly has more chance of hindering 'casue you'll forever be known as second-fiddle to your mentor and you have to be that much more special All IMO of course

bringing people thru isnt a myth, thats how the US industry works, over here it doesnt, and certainly doesnt in urban music. thats why estelle had to find appreciation over there. its not like RnB is popular over here, but would whoever she was signed to in the UK go and get will i am to produce a single for her???? NO. there is almost no regeneration in urban music Uk wise so if bringing someone through is a myth it better begin to be reality. in the US theres many avenues to be brought through all across the board, doesnt mean its just gonna happen, but you will get noticed.

bringing people thru isnt a myth, thats how the US industry works, over here it doesnt, and certainly doesnt in urban music. thats why estelle had to find appreciation over there. its not like RnB is popular over here, but would whoever she was signed to in the UK go and get will i am to produce a single for her???? NO. there is almost no regeneration in urban music Uk wise so if bringing someone through is a myth it better begin to be reality. in the US theres many avenues to be brought through all across the board, doesnt mean its just gonna happen, but you will get noticed.
She never got brought through, though. John Legend saw talent when she was supporting him on tour. John Legend got Will.I.Am. Aint no UK link-up there.Amy Wino never got brought through, nor did Natasha Beddingfield or Corrine Bailey Rae. There talent shone through, whereas Lady Sov and Lily Allen's didnt

bringing through doesnt have to be by an artist, There are lots of brit school artists who probaly sing better than amy, leona was there and nothing happened, another girl is there..her surname is london cant remember, they are being brought through by someone, urban music has no platform for such talent to shine and equally no one to bring anyone through anything. natasha bedingfield already had a popular brother, maybe alfie allen is acting in a popular show now off the back of his 'talent' happy.gif

bringing through doesnt have to be by an artist, There are lots of brit school artists who probaly sing better than amy, leona was there and nothing happened, another girl is there..her surname is london cant remember, they are being brought through by someone, urban music has no platform for such talent to shine and equally no one to bring anyone through anything. natasha bedingfield already had a popular brother, maybe alfie allen is acting in a popular show now off the back of his 'talent' happy.gif
Get what your saying still

If you were rewarded for work ethic, Then she deserves to be there. She s been on the grind for year. I remeber her in the carnival in 2001 and she was rappin on some double decker bus, with a couple goons tryna get some exposure, She has come a long way.It jsut goes to show what the american touch could do to your career.Good look for her 1980 was a top ten as well right?
You already know!Nah #14.

Only Kanye second number 1, but yeah sshe was always gonna chart well with him on it.Lol at thinking Estelle will bring people in tho, bait she going to fall for "chasing (other music genre) names" mentality...