I'm so scared!

Jodie

For some reason and i dont know why, I jus have this big feeling that my future career as a photographer is just not gonna go anywhere. Like, photography's a competitive industry, but i just have this deep down feeling that theres gonna be no place for me in the industry.I'm trying my hardest...even though some parts of it I dont like, but as a photographer you dont have to do everything. I had a tutorial the other day and i didnt get the feedback i was wishing for. Basically my tutor was saying that some of my work just looks very snappy and that this isnt right, and thats all wrong and i just felt like sh*t! I felt like, is there any point in me carrying on. I know im not gonna be a professional overnight, but i just cnt help but feel this way about it. Starting to get me down aswell.I love my work and im happy about it cos i never really thought i could do photography like it... but jus looking at other ppls work, i cnt help but feel intimidated and feel like im at the bottom of the failed photographers bin.Im getting nice feedback from friends and family, but at the end of the day, i need gd and positive feedback from my tutors. Not just family n friends.:D *sheds a tear*

i feel i have no place at uni.so i feel your pain, im going to stick out the first year and if i do well i may decide to continue but im thinking of going back into bars and management and take out a huge f*ck*ng bank loan before im 30 and opening my own place

Guest Smell Of Death

tbh if u know u wanna do it n deep down u know u can do it then jus take what they say and focus more and more on improving.just work on itgiv up n thats it, ur morale gone

Nah Girl,You know what, on a serious tip, you cant think like that man you gota have faith and hope in all you do.Yes the photography industry is a big1, buts that why you gota show them that what you do and how you do it is different and unique from the rest. You feel me.If you dont believe in you who the hell will.GO GIRL FOLLOW UR DREAM, U GET 1 LIFE SO MAKE THE MOST OF IT.....!!!!

You just gotta keep at it, learn from your mistakes. when someone gives you negative feedback, use it as guideline as to what you need to improve.
and also try and stay focused and positive.

Listen to Rev Tomorrow I want you to go into your local supermarket and look at them women and people and how they have failed in life and struggle to get by (no offence to those whos parents work in a supermarket and I dont mean students or young people)coz if you cop out now you will keep copping out of college/uni until its to late and you have responsibiltys then u end up like those in the supermarket dead end job with no prospects Remember me 1 tell youJah blessings

f*ck your tutors and get feedback from professionalsnetwork like a bitchthis is real talk coming from someone who is in a creative field.Most tutors are out of touch with the industry!!!!
But the thing is, my tutors are professional photographers. They do professional photography like do shoots for companies and everything and at the same time, tutor students at uni.So i am getting feedback from professionals.But ill post some up in a sec.

f*ck your tutors and get feedback from professionalsnetwork like a bitchthis is real talk
industries like this are full of ppl that got where they are through bring ins and not because they took the more academic route - obviously continue to study but don't rely on it. And ur at uni to learn - if you'd been doing thisas a career for 20 yrs and ppl were saying this fair enuff but ur not so don't sweat - getting to the position ur in is already better than a lot so don't let it get u down.

f*ck your tutors and get feedback from professionalsnetwork like a bitchthis is real talk coming from someone who is in a creative field.Most tutors are out of touch with the industry!!!!
But the thing is, my tutors are professional photographers. They do professional photography like do shoots for companies and everything and at the same time, tutor students at uni.So i am getting feedback from professionals.But ill post some up in a sec.
Dont be fooled.If you were making enough money as a photographer, would you supplement your income with lecturing in Uni on the side?

If it's as competitive as you say, and you can't even compete within your class, then maybe you need to look at having something more steady to fall back on. Not saying that you can't succeed as a photographer, but it doesn't strike me as a profession that requires a qualification in it.Thought I'd give you a dose of reality instead of the pat on the back, you can do it bullshit that everybody is posting.