What Grime MCs have you just never liked, or 'got'...?

Creamy

• Replies 159
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Stormin' - swear he hasn't improved since 2002Shark Major - never got the hype tbh, high pitched boring flow that only rhymes 1 in 10 lines - still dont get why ppl say he was ahead of his timeKano - NEVER liked him, always thought he was boringBlack The Ripper - boring and seems to think he's Nas or suttinDogzilla - just swag, and some of his bars make me feel sickP Money9 Milla Maja - absolutely swagJME - sh*t from day, bit H's flow and stole his lyricWretch - I "get" him, but his delivery is so weak i can't listen to him for more than 4 barsBashy - he's not anywhere as lyrical as some ppl make out and when he talks about gash moretime he just sounds like he wrote the bars after he walked in on his fiance getting battried or suttin

Terminator - the way he went from being a miscellaneous guy on a set to getting wheels almost deaded my interest in grime. On f*ck Radio vol 1 other man on the set didn't wanna give him the mic, couple months later same man are going mad for him.JME - Used to think he was alright but his lack of flow at times is cringeworthyEscobar - Pure hype aqnd aggyness but not very well put togetherFootsie - Using the same flow in every bar for 4 years is not the lickThing that pisses me off about grime is other MC's can fool other people into thinking their bredrins are good by hyping a reaction for them. Best example is Terminator.

Stormin' - swear he hasn't improved since 2002Shark Major - never got the hype tbh, high pitched boring flow that only rhymes 1 in 10 lines - still dont get why ppl say he was ahead of his timeKano - NEVER liked him, always thought he was boringBlack The Ripper - boring and seems to think he's Nas or suttinDogzilla - just swag, and some of his bars make me feel sickP Money9 Milla Maja - absolutely swagJME - sh*t from day, bit H's flow and stole his lyricWretch - I "get" him, but his delivery is so weak i can't listen to him for more than 4 barsBashy - he's not anywhere as lyrical as some ppl make out and when he talks about gash moretime he just sounds like he wrote the bars after he walked in on his fiance getting battried or suttin
Who Do You Like Then?

Who Do You Like Then?
really thoughthe highlighted are sum of the best in the game

I've never liked Wretch. He doesn't even use metaphors, he uses word association. Man will be spitting about Destiny's Child then say he'll jump on you B and everyone will act like he said something special. It ain't special.I forgot Tinchy. When he was small, it was a novelty. Now he's just any guy. Don't like those Ruff Squad sounding beats either. Think Rapid makes them. Bare noise.
I fele like hyping yhBut Looking at the thread titleAnyone who siad Wretch or Ghetto...Really just dnt get them....And also TayyyyR u stupidNah wht it is yeh people have an idea of wht they consider to be a good mc...and they expect every1 to gffollow that suit...some say if ur not skipping like gehtot ur wastesome say if ur not spraying straight simple but effective liek skepta ur wastenboody is listening to pepe for wht there tryna doPrez T si nto over rate.d...he isnt tryn to do anything he is just originalTay isnt/wasnt overated he said bare times he never tried to be an artist jsut want to spit evilnesssoo boiiiiiiiiiiiiiii
Bullshit. Most people like several different styles of spitting. I like Ghetto, Skepta, Pres T, Flow Dan, Griminal... I just don't like people that pretend to have content but have none and use words like "bro" and "G" to make bars rhyme.
Sorry...are u not dismissing him from like four lyrics from 2006U obviously listen without hearing or Just dnt pay attentionListen to some new stuff manUnless uw anan play the pull out a sh*t wretch barand I pull otu a decent one

Who Do You Like Then?
really thoughthe highlighted are sum of the best in the game
Nah dont get me wrong I appreciate why people like them and I respect what Kano and Wretch do lyrically I just think they're boring. They both have boring deliverys imo and if I wanna listen to complicated hip-hop style bars I will listen to Nas or Pap.P Money I used to rate around the time his mixtape dropped but he just sounds like a hyped up kid who get too excited when he touches mic and spits too fast and his bars aint that great imo.Bashy is also overated imo, but he has some good tracks. He is probably one of the best "artists" associated with grime - there are just a lot more ppl i would rather listen to.

chipmunk - just annoying sh*t bars and he features on everythingwhy are ppl in england so fickle when they first hear a new emcee they love them off then as soon as most ppl are in the know and listen them aswell ppl switch and say he was sh*t... ppl on hear having lists of the greatest to ever spit on grime... saying there sh*t... surpised no one hasnt put ghetto yet... it will come tho everyone will turn on ghetts eventually

im in this game for fame only an cause i enjoy spiting bars that frighten u an ur familyi am not an artist but i am the darkesti only mc coz scorcher said are u on thishow can u not rate The's not super lyrical but hes ok on sets and knows his place plus he dont get to big for his boots

I'll find and dun man, and I dont need a friend, need a leng (or me and scorcher - dun know)But when I'm finished....Your mum will need AndrexxxxxAnd a close friend to try ammend, feelings that dont make senseAND ITS TEEEEEEEEEEEEEAnd I'm confident, that I'll find and deadAnd send man way down the road like dreadJeeze. *puts on way down the road remix and bucks the volume fader on winamp*

Nuff of you man won't get on with me.Flowdan was big!!! When Dizzee was in Rolldeep he woul murk sets still, but obviously get over shadowed. Stormin, liked him before Trim deaded him.BT aka Big timer thats me>>> Armor had some bars, you just had 2 listen 1348 times before you could get them. had a mad jamaican twang, Esco was greaze....Well thats people that i rate who most man don'tPeople that i never really liked were...Chipmunk.....Yes he is good, but he don't reallyu have his wn identity if you get what i mean. He sounds generic...borrowed flows etc. Narstie had bars for days, could hold up a set on his own.

I've never liked Wretch. He doesn't even use metaphors, he uses word association. Man will be spitting about Destiny's Child then say he'll jump on you B and everyone will act like he said something special. It ain't special.I forgot Tinchy. When he was small, it was a novelty. Now he's just any guy. Don't like those Ruff Squad sounding beats either. Think Rapid makes them. Bare noise.
I fele like hyping yhBut Looking at the thread titleAnyone who siad Wretch or Ghetto...Really just dnt get them....And also TayyyyR u stupidNah wht it is yeh people have an idea of wht they consider to be a good mc...and they expect every1 to gffollow that suit...some say if ur not skipping like gehtot ur wastesome say if ur not spraying straight simple but effective liek skepta ur wastenboody is listening to pepe for wht there tryna doPrez T si nto over rate.d...he isnt tryn to do anything he is just originalTay isnt/wasnt overated he said bare times he never tried to be an artist jsut want to spit evilnesssoo boiiiiiiiiiiiiiii
Bullshit. Most people like several different styles of spitting. I like Ghetto, Skepta, Pres T, Flow Dan, Griminal... I just don't like people that pretend to have content but have none and use words like "bro" and "G" to make bars rhyme.
Sorry...are u not dismissing him from like four lyrics from 2006U obviously listen without hearing or Just dnt pay attentionListen to some new stuff manUnless uw anan play the pull out a sh*t wretch barand I pull otu a decent one
I don't care about all that. This thread is about personal opinion and my opinion is that he's not good. I don't like him. Nothing wrong with you liking him. My last post was to point out that the highlighted, is bullshit.

Wretch thinks he is better than Wretch is.
the only thing about wretch is he has extremely high confidence, which with his lyrics is finebut man talkin bout being a handsome black manand being a dark skin coolieor some shits like thatdem fibs deh