Gareth Barry to Liverpool

HangTheDJ

"Martin O'Neill confirms Liverpool have made a bid for Gareth Barry"Thought to be £10million, will probably go for about £14 in the end.:DHe's off.f*ck*ng top 4, shits ridiculous, no ones gonna break them without getting ridiculously lucky in the transfer market.Oh, I want Crouch back in return as well.

• Replies 162
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Rumours going round he's been tapped up, which is pretty obvious.MON is very pissed about it

Martin O'Neill today angrily hit out at reports on Merseyside that Liverpool have lodged a £10million bid for captain Gareth Barry.And, though he confirmed contact had been made, the Villa boss stressed his determination to keep Barry, insisting: "We're trying to build a side here and we're not a feeder club."Following weeks of speculation, reports surfaced at lunchtime claiming Liverpool made a £10million bid for England international Barry.O'Neill told www.avfc.co.uk: "Gareth Barry still has two years of his contract left to run and from my two years experience of working with him; he's not one who would ne wanting to break contracts lightly."Liverpool haven't made a straight cash offer. They've made an offer involving a mish-mash of nameless player exchanges."I'm particularly disappointed to hear that business is being conducted in public and I just want to be clear on this: We're trying to build a side here and we're not a feeder club."We want to be trying to challenge. At some stage we want to get to the position that this football club once held. That will demand an awful lot of effort. It will take a supreme effort and it will take very, very good players."I don't want to be in a position of letting really good players go. Gareth Barry is a really good player who still has two years left on his contract."I haven't discussed these things with him yet. At some stage obviously I will do. But the day before probably our most important game of the season is not the time to be discussing it."The Villa boss continued: "A couple of weeks ago Gareth said he would prefer to wait until the end of the season before we start discussing things and I think that would be the right thing to do."It's particularly disappointing to find out that Liverpool have carried the story in their local paper. It's certainly not the way that the Liverpool of old conducted business. I prefer to do things with a bit or privacy and a bit of confidentiality."So that's particularly disappointing, especially at this time, we've got two important games coming up. Liverpool's season might effectively be over as they've qualified for the Champions League and their interest in this season's Champions League ended a couple of nights ago."I'd rather be waiting until the end of the season before I discussed things."

Guest haze-e
If he goes there he will play quite often and do well IMO.But he wont further his career.
Well, Champions league football but i see what your saying. Already in the England squad, Already playing regular football.I dont think he will go. Barry seems quite loyal and if the "Mish Mash of Nameless players" quote is real. It seems there gonna try shift man like Voronin and Pennant in the deal.f*ck that.

This is actuallly sh*t.United didnt want Santa Cruz last summer, after a good season they might be interested.Same with Berbatov, probably gonna leave now he's done well.It's like anyone outside the top 4 is the top 4's academy.You almost have to hope your players do consistently average, doing well but never impressing enough to move away.f*ck it, who cares anyway.f*ck Liverpool you scummy cunts, take Barry and turn him into Sidwell mark II.Your clubs a joke anyway, can't wait for Hicks to turn you into the new Leeds.

My sources say that its Riise,Crouch plus £3million.Take that as you willCarson could also be possibly includedI will just keep it at that will drop some more news when I hear it.Allow Barry though, JJ whats his strengths and weaknesses everyone seems we are going to sign him :@

This is actuallly sh*t.United didnt want Santa Cruz last summer, after a good season they might be interested.Same with Berbatov, probably gonna leave now he's done well.It's like anyone outside the top 4 is the top 4's academy.You almost have to hope your players do consistently average, doing well but never impressing enough to move away.f*ck it, who cares anyway.f*ck Liverpool you scummy cunts, take Barry and turn him into Sidwell mark II.Your clubs a joke anyway, can't wait for Hicks to turn you into the new Leeds.
lol @ the hate. i'd never be saying take my captain. I never hear a bad word about villa from our fans still.

not liverpool qualityunless he gnna be playing left wing back

dont particularly want him. maybe for the left but not centre dont need him our 4 CM's are good enough.
C/S this but after seeing Lucas this season and not being impressed maybe Barry should replace him.Llow selling Xabi Alonso though, thats just dumb
LUCASLUCAS?!?!?!?Alonso has been sh*t if anything should someone leave it should be him he is living on past glories and Im a Alonso fan.Lucas is the future Brazil captain selling him will be a huge mistakeLol @ jays rant there thereI hope for your and our sake that he stays

He's an all round good player, he don't excel at anything techincally, just solid.Passings probably his best technical attribute though.But Benitez wants him for his positional knowledge, bait. Aint many English cm's out there who can read the game like him.

dont particularly want him. maybe for the left but not centre dont need him our 4 CM's are good enough.
C/S this but after seeing Lucas this season and not being impressed maybe Barry should replace him.Llow selling Xabi Alonso though, thats just dumb
LUCASLUCASAlonso has been sh*t if anything should someone leave it should be him he is living on past glories and Im a Alonso fan.Lucas is the future Brazil captain selling him will be a huge mistake
Alonso will be back. He's regaining his form, watch he will be back.

lol @ the hate. i'd never be saying take my captain. I never hear a bad word about villa from our fans still.
If he wants to leave, I don't want him here.We aint second best for any body.We're one of the most established and respected club sides in the land.

If he wants to leave, I don't want him here.We aint second best for any body.We're one of the most established and respected club sides in the land.
He never said he wants to leave lol. I cant see him leaving either. Allow cussing us cos your player apparently 'wants' (even though he hasnt said a thing) to join us.

My stance on this is;If he wants to leave, f*ck him.If he wants to stay, brilliant.But f*ck your club.Blatently tapped him up, and now your seasons over you make a bid for a player which we intended to keep private, but someone from your side has gone to the media.Probably that c*nt Benitez, he's always leaking sh*t, arsehole.

We didn't tap him up for f*ck sakethe article makes it as if we wherea source leaked to the echo this morning and MON found out earlier today.Benitez has NEVER mentioned a target before signing him or in the verge of ever since the Daniel Alves fiasco

Liverpool should really be aiming higher, they won't win anything next season if they going to sell people like Alonso (Which is bait now)We should be much closer to them next season (Hopefully)Lucas is sick, he plays the game simple. Don't understand why people don't rate the kid. Remember when i saw him play against arsenal, was too much.