VIP2's Apple Mac Users....

Ephren Taylor

Only bug fixes, racial emojis and the new photos app really.

• 4 weeks later...

So need to cop a new 13" Macbook Pro this weekend. Can't make my mind up about upgrades.

Definitely getting the 512GB SSD (can't  justify another £350 for an upgrade to 1TB though)

Comes to £1204 w/ student discount

Not sure about

i5 2.9GHz -> i7 3.1 GHz processor (£146)

8GB -> 16GB RAM (£138) 

Intensive uses:

App development + running up to two device emulators at a time

Photoshop

Logic Pro

First two probably in conjunction with each other. Chrome probably always in the background.

Any of you guys had much of an experience where you've felt you needed the upgrades?

You'd think Google would be more helpful with this sh*t.

edit:

Actually you know what, found these benchmarks http://www.primatelabs.com/blog/2015/03/macbook-air-pro-benchmarks-march-2015/

Means a new i5 will perform as well as the late 2013 i7 I've been using so far at work. Don't think I need the upgrade.

RAM-wise, just a question of I guess.... have you guys ever needed more than 8GB. I guess people who've used Logic Pro, or any DAW.

edit:

lol @ me forgetting that I asked this question already and its on the previous page smh

id always recommend maxing out the processor, might not need it now but when ya shit is running bless in 4 years time you will be grateful for the extra juice

Anybody know any free programs for creating PDF documents?

I tried PDFCreator, but I can't find a reliable full version for OSX

I know you can do it in Acrobat Standard & Acrobat Pro, but there are costs associated

I'm trying to combine several images into a single PDF document, with embedded working URL's if possible?

Sorry, I forgot to mention that the original document is a series of images & text from photoshop

I've just worked out how to export as PDF, but it doesn't preserve the hyperlinks

Is it possible to add these hyperlinks after with a free program?

I know I can do it in Acrobat, but I don't want to pay for the full program

Can you add hyperlinks to a PDF document in Word or Pages. then save as PDF?, 

Anybody know any free programs for creating PDF documents?

I tried PDFCreator, but I can't find a reliable full version for OSX

I know you can do it in Acrobat Standard & Acrobat Pro, but there are costs associated

I'm trying to combine several images into a single PDF document, with embedded working URL's if possible?

Just download acrobat x from bb or any torrent site

I downloaded Acrobat X in the end.... thanks chaps

Experiencing a slight annoyance tho.... The OCR detector only sees the black coloured text as text........It doesn't see the other coloured fonts

So when adding hyperlinks to 'text', I have had to insert invisible boxes in some places.... It seems to be working as I wanted tho, so just a typical pointless brit rant lol

/

Co sign the 4-5 year plan when copping...

I was just about to pull the trigger on a new laptop, but will wait for the updates that were mentioned above

I think I got this one in 2012 and although its battered and bruised, it still performs like it's fresh (ish)

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

F**king adapter is one of the shittest I've ever encountered. Noticed turtle neck a while back but halfway through my DJ set tonight the adapter blew, sparked and stank the booth out. Thank f**k I'd fully charged my Mac before I left my house.

No charger now though. Luckily I got Apple Care but didn't wanna leave the house tomorrow man. :angry: Said I can walk in and collect one. No way was I paying £85 for a new one. Noticing a little line in the bottom left of my screen too. Feint. But will only get worse. Will get them to look at that sh*t too whilst I'm covered.

They really need to fix their chargers and adapters though!