Academic Thread

Yoshie

Also do I need to sort out accomdation for my second choice uni?
Depends on the uni, most wont accept a place unless you're a confirmed first choice.Dont worry though, sure you'll get your first choice, if not then alot of people drop out of their accom.

Guest Lemons
Kinda dissapointed with the placement I've got for 2nd year.How you gonna put me in an elderly day care centre... I KNEW they would f*ck me over like that. Only good thing is the adults are mentally disabled.Argh... Lord give me strength.
I'm pretty sure that sentence has never been uttered before.

Kinda dissapointed with the placement I've got for 2nd year.How you gonna put me in an elderly day care centre... I KNEW they would f*ck me over like that. Only good thing is the adults are mentally disabled.Argh... Lord give me strength.
I'm pretty sure that sentence has never been uttered before.
lol! More of a challange! I already work with the elderly... I don't want to do the same job in my placement.Cipher - I wanted to work with ppl that have mental disabilities (Not in a day care centre tho) or with asylum seeking children.

Mmm true, even though it isn't where you wanted its experiance and something to get a future reference from
True... but why give me something I'm already familiar with?! When I went for my interview I saw what I'd be doing and it's sh*t! No new experience!Working with mental disabilities is like working with Dementia.

Sounds terribly boring Soca, what course are you doing?
Im gonna fail, i know it.
I keep getting the same feelings, try to just laugh them off really. I know I'll be shitting myself come the results day week.
Boy, just remember you haven't got them yet so you don't know. I thought I just missed a fail on my dissertation, but I ended up getting a 1st so you really don't know.However, in saying that, if you farted around the entire year, do not expect an A. As long as your expectations are realistic you can't be too disappointed.

When is everyone's graduation?Mine is next Tuesday, we have to wear blue gowns (don't know why my uni is so extra) and a salmon collar/sach(sp). My mother has ordered for family photos to be done... 8-)
Mine was yesterday *2:1 2:1 2:1 :D *black and pink gown (LCF colours)My mum wanted ME to pay for family photos-£76 pounds I don't think so. I paid for the standard pack instead.I'll be doing it again next year though cos I'm topping up-I can't wait.

When is everyone's graduation?Mine is next Tuesday, we have to wear blue gowns (don't know why my uni is so extra) and a salmon collar/sach(sp). My mother has ordered for family photos to be done... 8-)
Mine was yesterday *2:1 2:1 2:1 :D *black and pink gown (LCF colours)My mum wanted ME to pay for family photos-£76 pounds I don't think so. I paid for the standard pack instead.I'll be doing it again next year though cos I'm topping up-I can't wait.
Well done on the 2:1 sonny jim. What did you have to pay for the gown and that? Heard my Uni's gonna charge £200+ for it.. are they mad or taking us for absolute cunts? Mines in November and sh*t. Parred me bolt.

Well done on the 2:1 sonny jim. What did you have to pay for the gown and that? Heard my Uni's gonna charge £200+ for it.. are they mad or taking us for absolute cunts? Mines in November and sh*t. Parred me bolt.
£200 for the gown or gown and tickets and photography?My sister graduated from LCF like a 2 years back and she was telling me her gown was like £100 to hire and tickets were £50 a piece.My gown is like £39 and tickets are free. Not sure about the photography yet though.

£200 for the gown or gown and tickets and photography?My sister graduated from LCF like a 2 years back and she was telling me her gown was like £100 to hire and tickets were £50 a piece.My gown is like £39 and tickets are free. Not sure about the photography yet though.
:blink: £200 is a lot. The LCF prices must have gone down then cos I paid just under £40 for my gown, hood and mortarboard. My tickets were £30 for 2 and any extra tickets were £10 each.

:blink: £200 is a lot. The LCF prices must have gone down then cos I paid just under £40 for my gown, hood and mortarboard. My tickets were £30 for 2 and any extra tickets were £10 each.
Congrats on your 2:1/Grad week was f*ck*ng sick man./Rental for my gown and stuff was £38. f*ck paying £200 and why the f*ck do you lot get charged for tickets :S, everyone in my uni got 2 guranteed tickets and a possible chance of getting others, anyone else who turned up watched it on video feeds in a lecture theatre.