Academic Thread

Yoshie

Stew-dent account needs to come barse.Think imma go with Natwest?
If you can avoid going into your overdraft then go with them for the railcard. If you are sh*t with money well then find another student account or put it into your normal account. Natwest are cunts.

http://www.moneysavingexpert.com/banking/S...nt-bank-account is the 08/09 one which gives u an idea but it hasn't been fully updated yetcan you go with natw, get the railcard and then close it/ not use that account?
You'd only have the rail card for a year though... gotta keep using the account to have it renewed every year.
bun that then. so is it only really free railcard for 5 yrs if ur doin a 5yr course?

I'm f*cked.I flopped my Maths, got a D, didn't do no coursework in school.I can't retake as my college is about 18 miles away and is just long, what are the chances of me getting into a uni?I'm predicted 360 UCAS points (DDD) from my course.
what u wanna study?

anyone know what the deal is with retakes seeing as the system is getting upgraded this year
Not all courses are changing, and with the ones ending I think their last exams are in January so you still have time to have retakes. If you look at the subject course and check the exam timetables it should show whether there are exams happening or not.

do i have to attend school/same school ?
nah you just have to make sure it's the same exam board and subject course
Someone someup the uni application processSay I have the ucas points in the system and want to go to hertfordshire, what's my next step?
for '09 entry?check out the UCAS website and research 'Clearing'sorry, I don't really know anything about clearing, gonna research into it the week before results

http://www.moneysavingexpert.com/banking/S...nt-bank-account is the 08/09 one which gives u an idea but it hasn't been fully updated yetcan you go with natw, get the railcard and then close it/ not use that account?
You'd only have the rail card for a year though... gotta keep using the account to have it renewed every year.
bun that then. so is it only really free railcard for 5 yrs if ur doin a 5yr course?
Nah, I think it's if you have the account for up to 5 years you ca get it. And when you finish uni, they give you an extra year where they turn your student account into a graduate account and give you a larger overdraft. I just want to clear my overdraft and close the account. f*ck Natwest.

Guest Lemons
Missed my retakes, f*ck uni
Pissed For Lifeon other news, when would my student account close. im in mad OD, and havent gota job
It should automatically turn into a graduate service for the next 3 years if you just leave it (That's what happened with me = Natwest). Your overdraft stays the same for a year and then drops by £500 for the next 2 until it is gone.