Academic Thread

Yoshie

Got a bad feeling about results day. Can someone explain to me how clearing works.I've got Portsmouth and Herts at my firm and insurance. If I don't get the 300 or 260 UCAS points respectively what will happen then? Would I only be allowed to apply for courses in clearing at those two universities if I don't get my grades or can I apply where ever? Also, what happens in cases such as accomodation if I apply to a new uni out of London and I want to move out? Aren't all the halls and sh*t taken up by now?
If you do get into portsmouth i will see u dwn there

Thing is: no it won't decide me future, but I really like Bristol and I want to go there, and I know I won't be as happy if I don't get in. It's just a psychological/emotional thing really, I'd get over it after a while but from results day up until the first week I probably won't be as happy as I could be.

passed my masters exams with a 56% average over 8 modules2 modules went out the windowim feelin nicethis has been my best uni year
Zoop Zoop ZoopLarge up urself.Best feeling in the world.What u hoping to go into?
well i need to finish my projectdno what im gna do next, im trying to go abroad somewherework in the energy industry

Got a bad feeling about results day. Can someone explain to me how clearing works.I've got Portsmouth and Herts at my firm and insurance. If I don't get the 300 or 260 UCAS points respectively what will happen then? Would I only be allowed to apply for courses in clearing at those two universities if I don't get my grades or can I apply where ever? Also, what happens in cases such as accomodation if I apply to a new uni out of London and I want to move out? Aren't all the halls and sh*t taken up by now?
If you do get into portsmouth i will see u dwn there

there will be accommodation because there will be lots of cancellations after a-levels come out, especially at the uni's that aren't at the top of the league tables(i work in a uni accommodation office)

Not all courses need maths + you can try to reason with the uni and say you'll do a maths course while you're there or something.Got my student loan letter yesterday, do you get information about your grant separately? 'cause there was no information about any grant on my piece of paper :/ Maybe they decided to ignore the fact that I added the extra sheet to say my dad would be retired this year?

Not all courses need maths + you can try to reason with the uni and say you'll do a maths course while you're there or something.Got my student loan letter yesterday, do you get information about your grant separately? 'cause there was no information about any grant on my piece of paper :/ Maybe they decided to ignore the fact that I added the extra sheet to say my dad would be retired this year?
Yeh i got mine as well, no information about a grant either and I am eligible so it must come seperate.Necksta did your college not offer key skills in numeracy?

Seen. Turns out my government grant should only be £50 anyway but I'm supposed to be getting like £400 from my uni and they get their details from the student loan company.....seems like I'm gonna have an annoying time phoning up.
if ur gettin money from ur uni then they'll send u their own letter, htey usually lyk to long it off sumtimes but u shud get a letter not long b4 u start uni