VIP2 MOVIE CLUB

Guest David Braund

Guest Intervention

You should be more like meJust learn to despise peopleSo when someone says something will be good, you automatically assume they are wrongat least you will be pheasantly surprised

has anyone seen a film called medicine for melancholy it was released the beginning of last year wanna watch it badly need to hit up fopp i hope its in there.
Medicine For Melancholy is the story of two African-American twenty-somethings who wake up in bed together having no recollection of how they arrived there. From the appearance of things it's clear they've had sex. Then, an exercise in the mundane: they dress; neither has a toothbrush, find themselves side by side at the sink, thumbing toothpaste across their gums; decide to have a cup of coffee at a nearby café; sit together then, while awaiting service, realize neither knows the other's name; introduce; cab for the trip home-"across town" each says to the other of where they live-share this cab, the girl (Jo') dropped off first; shake hands, part ways. Hours later, the guy (Micah) shows up at her apartment. She left her purse on the backseat. There's a connection. They give themselves over to it. Wandering the streets of San Francisco on a Sunday afternoon, the pair take in the sights of the city less seen in today's cinema-the gloriously appointed Museum of African Diaspora, Yuerba Buena Gardens and its sprawling blend of civil rights memorials, wide lawns and tea gardens, the fabulous excess of the St. Regis hotel. As day gives way to night and their heads swirl further with the euphoria of pleasures both physical and intellectual, the immediacy of their previous physical encounter leads them to explore each other in a succession of moments so intimate the vulnerability they share changes them forever. By the time these two part ways is it literally a "brand new day."
jenkins-medicine-for-melancholy.jpg
About to watch this...

kick ass was so f*ck*ng cool.havent read the graphic novel so didnt know much if any about it so was really surprised at the dark undertones of the film...Hit GIrl makes Uma Thurman in Kill Bill look like (insert punchline here)ALSO ANYONE CLOCK THAT CHICK DAVE (KICK ASS) WAS DEALING WITH AND SHE HAD BACK DIMPLES.

Yeh got my BR rip the other night of Avatarmy first time seeing it and i must say, i wish i was on the hype when it was out 3D in the cinema, guess i will wait til it drops again.Visually amazing./also just watched "Knowing" a few hours ago.See they were on the right lines with it, just seemed like they f*cked up.... if you've seen it, you will understand. MEH

kick ass was so f*ck*ng cool.havent read the graphic novel so didnt know much if any about it so was really surprised at the dark undertones of the film...Hit GIrl makes Uma Thurman in Kill Bill look like (insert punchline here) :!:ALSO ANYONE CLOCK THAT CHICK DAVE (KICK ASS) WAS DEALING WITH AND SHE HAD BACK DIMPLES.
TRUST.Now I understand why the cinema wouldn't let me bring in my 10yr old brother.Lyndsy Fonseca. Oh yes.

Yeh got my BR rip the other night of Avatarmy first time seeing it and i must say, i wish i was on the hype when it was out 3D in the cinema, guess i will wait til it drops again.Visually amazing./also just watched "Knowing" a few hours ago.See they were on the right lines with it, just seemed like they f*cked up.... if you've seen it, you will understand. MEH
Might have to go see it myself when they redrop it at IMAX for the 3D again.I liked how Knowing turned out TBH - The Kinda thing that Interests me so it was a fitting ending. Was a better movie than I was expecting.

Third Batman, New Superman Part of New IMAX Deal!Source: ComingSoon.netApril 28, 2010Warner Bros. Pictures and IMAX Corporation dropped a bombshell this morning saying that Christopher Nolan's next Batman movie and the new Superman movie are part of an up to 20-picture deal! Here's an excerpt from the press release at ComingSoon.net:Under the agreement, Warner Bros. movies that will be released in IMAX are: Legends of the Guardian: The Owls of Ga'Hoole 3D (September 24, 2010); Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows: Part 1 (3D) (November 19, 2010); Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows: Part II (3D) (July 15, 2011); Happy Feet 2 (3D) (November 18, 2011); and The Hobbit (December 2013). Warner Bros. and IMAX also plan to release an additional 15 films over the course of 2011, 2012 and 2013, including Gravity, Dark Shadows, Fury Road, Batman 3, and Superman.
Cannot wait for the new Superman films, the criticism plus how well Batman done will up the levels I beg they brng doomsday inNothing needs to be said about Batman 3 tbh/Not looking forward to Transformers 3

Urgh another 'Transformers' sorry the last one was AWFUL, had this debate with my girlfriend who really enjoyed it (seems to have a soft spot for what his face something Le something put her in her place). Prob f*ck up again and it's not 3D.'Superman' really? Urgh.Seeing Iron Man 2 this weekend, first one was great. I stand by my claim that Robert Downey Jr is one of the best of his generation.

lol iron man 2 looks like trash tbh.the only thing worth seeing in it is the few fight scenes where its different to the 1st one (i.e. with war machine and some new toys). other then that its a typical superhero cliche movie fit now, with minimal creativity and just trying to milk the brand./transformers 2 was good for the visuals and the new transformers but that was about it. was totally incoherent, nothing but meaningless explosions and an excuse to show off megan fox. what sums up michael bay on that is how the whole movie was to build up the return of "the fallen" as if he is some superior transformer...only for him to get beaten up by optimus prime with some extra armour within 5 minutes.

lol transformers 2 was ok i suppose, at least we saw more transformers and more fights and action.but at the same time that film was just an exploded version of the first film, blowing up all the bad points with it. it depends on how much you can ignore those bad points i suppose.

Urgh another 'Transformers' sorry the last one was AWFUL, had this debate with my girlfriend who really enjoyed it (seems to have a soft spot for what his face something Le something put her in her place). Prob f*ck up again and it's not 3D.'Superman' really? Urgh.Seeing Iron Man 2 this weekend, first one was great. I stand by my claim that Robert Downey Jr is one of the best of his generation.
Superman done right, with the a correct director and on point story would be epic....Superman returns offered nothing new which was why it was such a disappointment(to most). They (production staff) thought the nostlaga of Lex vs Superman with supermans own personal issues with his alter ego would be captivating enough to win over the masses. Which would have been great if it didn't just recycle the other 3 previous films. It needs to be taken to a new demension like Batman was. Unlike Batman , superman had a hard act to follow as many see the first 3 films as epic. In accords to the original batman and batman returns all Nolan really had to when he took on the project where to top the homo batmans catastrophes (kilmer and Clooney)Superman never had the director to take it too the next level

Guest Intervention

Transformers 2<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<One of the worst films I've seen along with Clash Of The TitansThat film was the equivalent of throwing some knives and forks in a washing machine, and sitting infront of it for 3 hours. 3 long hours.Girls like it because they have no taste in anything really.Now I'm off to lunch.