The Mirror Yesterday

Illusion

Following on from the "Whats so different about Ben Kinsella" topic ( http://www.vip2.co.uk/forum/index.php?show...amp;hl=kinsella )Something I saw just pushed me even further towars thinking that the entire mainstream press are racist, to varying degrees. I'm sorry I can't get any scans from the Mirror, but I just can't find any, so if you care about this kind of thing then please be patient and read on.I just saw yesterdays Mirror - On the front page were pictures of three people. Ben Kinsella's Sister, Rob Knox's brother and Jimmy Mizen's mother. They were underneath a banner about a petition against knife crime, pointing to an article on inside the paper.On this article inside the paper, there are more family members, and there are also black faces. So I thought, fair enough, perhaps they aren't totally ignoring all of the murdered black kids... Then I looked closer and realised that they were not relatives of any of the Black victims, but were either celebrities (June Sarpong) or were involved in tacking knife crime in some way.To the left of this article are four pictures of some of the murdered teens going down the page (in order) Ben Kinsella, Rob Knox, Jimmy Mizen, and another murdered white kid.This has really got my back up. I don't know if this is intentionally being done or not - whether is because these Kids weren't in gangs themselves, whether it is unintentional because they are what their target audience can relate to. I'm just totally baffled by it.So anyways, I've written an email to the person who wrote the article:

Dear Ms Neil,First and foremost, I will say that all of the murders of the young people this year have all been a tragic and dreadful waste of potential. And whilst I may not agree with the Mirror's demands, we strive for the same goal.I only just today happened to pick up a copy of yesterday's Daily Mirror whilst in a waiting room.I immediately noticed the front page pointer to your article regarding the anti-knife crime message. The picture on the front page was of (please correct me if I am wrong) Ben Kinsella's sister, Rob Knox's brother and Jimmy Mizen's Mother. Whilst I recognise the very serious and valid point you are making with the family members depicted in this way, I am curious to know why you chose the parents of these three murdered teens out of the now more than 20 murdered young people this year?Upon looking at your article, I was suprised to see that you had actually selected which of the murdered young people you would actually display alongside your article. It looks like four of them only made it through this vetting process. What made you chose the pictures of the murdered young people that you chose?I just can't get my head around how it may have worked. Did you sit down with pictures of all of the murdered young people, and pick out the deceased that would best suit your article?I hope the tone of this email does not come across as rude in any form, but I am desperately curious to know how you came about deciding the content (in terms of images) for your article.I hope you find the time to respond to this email,Best Regards,
I bet she doesn't reply.

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

If she doesnt respond, just send her a link to the topic, stating we have over 10,000 unique hits each week. Tell her we are all interested in what she has to say, then show her a link to the original Ben Kinsella thread.See if that doesnt make her reply.Well done by the way. I have that copy of The Mirror, looked at it and saw white faces. As with every other time I see that kinda biased when knife crime is in the paper, my black face looked the other way. Didnt realise who they were, but I'll look now. Wont be able to up pic, but I'll try to bring it into work on Monday if I remember

Front Page 9ec4aab9cee57b5f4d8b885f8b4146d2.JPGFrom Top to Bottom, Ben Kinsella, Jimmy Mizen, Rob Knox and Paul Mcmillan.dabb8ba5edc46b02d7f257cfbc2cef71.JPGFrom Left to Right, Alf Hitchcock, Danny Mizen, Ayisha Grant, Brooke Kinsella,Sally Knox.e10ea22c4e31d171f89043b671678724.JPG From Left to Right, Tony McNulty, Alan Mains, Gordon and Christine Sharp, June Sarpong, Elijah Kerr.f6241588d27450e49ddd5ff67fd6518e.JPGAlf Hitchcock - Deputy Assistant Commisioner who speaks about knife crime. Danny Mizen - Eldest brother of Jimmy Mizen,16. Who was killed at a baker'sAyisha Grant - Used to carry a knife after seeing stabbings in Bristol. Brooke Kinsella - Actress who is grieving kid brother BEn. 16 who was killed on june 29.Sally Knox - Mother of Harry Potter star Rob, killed aged 18.Tony McNulty - Police Minister warned blade kids will end up dead or in jail. Alan Mains - Ex rop cop in Northern Ireland who cut crime. Gordons & Christine sharpe - Parents of Paul,19. Killed by a knife blow to the chest as he walked with girlfriend in Dagenham, East London. in 2006.June Sarpong - TV star who helps troubled youths through princes trust. Elijah Kerr - Former gang leader who encourages kids to reform. P.S. Sorry for poor picture quality

People know how the media behave.They are nothing but a properganda machine.It should not surprise any of us really.Look how they promoted the wars.Dont bother buying any of the newspapers and use the web for news.There profits and readers are decreasing due to people looking at the net for there news.

Those pictures are actually getting my back up too. It's just too blatant.Well done on wording your letter without mentioning race and asking her to explain. If you had said it you would've been painted as some Black Panther fanatic and that would be the end of it.DO NOT SHOW HER ANY LINKS TO THIS SITE. STUPIDEST THING I'VE EVER HEARD. Will take one post with a rape joke in it to destroy the credibility of the whole thing.

I just dont understand why they cant mix it up a bit. Whats hard about getting Kiyan Prince's cousin on the front alongside the white famo? It's harder for you to make the minority look like the majority 'cause there are less people to choose from. Will it really alienate your core white audience? I dont think so, but hey, who am I? All I ever ask is BALANCE.

Its crazy lookin back at the mirror over the last few ones i've bought. Their campaign, when they started it, there was a whole double page spread just of ben kinsella and the front page was largely taken up with a picture of his sister then the stop knives save lives slogan with his face printed with his name and D.O.B with the date he died.

Its crazy lookin back at the mirror over the last few ones i've bought. Their campaign, when they started it, there was a whole double page spread just of ben kinsella and the front page was largely taken up with a picture of his sister then the stop knives save lives slogan with his face printed with his name and D.O.B with the date he died.
You forgetting what happened with the shootings early last year?

Those pictures are actually getting my back up too. It's just too blatant.Well done on wording your letter without mentioning race and asking her to explain. If you had said it you would've been painted as some Black Panther fanatic and that would be the end of it.DO NOT SHOW HER ANY LINKS TO THIS SITE. STUPIDEST THING I'VE EVER HEARD. Will take one post with a rape joke in it to destroy the credibility of the whole thing.
C/S

I just dont understand why they cant mix it up a bit. Whats hard about getting Kiyan Prince's cousin on the front alongside the white famo? It's harder for you to make the minority look like the majority 'cause there are less people to choose from. Will it really alienate your core white audience? I dont think so, but hey, who am I? All I ever ask is BALANCE.
That is the shocking thing. It's like they went out of their way to make sure it was like this. Truly shocking. What are they trying to say?