Music you were brought up on

Fresh

Guest Eduardo

My dad...reggae, he ALWAYS used to talk about how commercial Bob Marley was when there were people better who should have had more fameMy mum...all sorts

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Some next mixtureHighlife as standardThem tunes you always hear on Heart 106.2Them sugary pop songs of 1998-2001 (S Club 7, Steps etc etc)Occasional mainstream pop like Jacko, Madonnalol and oh yeah Billy Ocean/Michael Bolton/ Luther/ - what he calls 'cool music'.Prob why I werent like most others around my single digit ages - people goin on about 'boombastic telephone tastic' i was like wtf

The CrusadersJoe SampleRandy CrawfordSly and the family stoneOtis ReddingTower of PowerWhitney/Turner/Supremes/Stevie/Ray CharlesMy dad is probably the most opinionated person I've ever talked to when it comes to music though, so it was kinda hard listening to what I wanted to without him coming in and telling me to "turn that sh*t off".From time my mum starts bumping D'Angelo when I was like 10 though.>>>>___

• 1 month later...