Official Job Vacancies Thread

zeezee

Guest M12 Part 2

nah thats pretty straight forward, i had to do that to my account recently, my acc is still workin, so yea if u dnt wanna lose it .....

:rofl:

I hope your joking for your own sake.

• Downvote 1

Got an interview on wednesday for Direct Line as Inbound Sales Advisor.

They said I need a 2 year solid work background which I told them I have. I said it was with one company and I had a career break.

Now it was with one company then to another 2 companys then back to the first company.

Said I was on career break from May - August.

Will they check all this?

huh? if they need 2 years experience surely it can be with any number of companies?

im missing something

Yeh I worded it wrong really. I went on a career break then didnt work for 2 months after it. Told Direct Line that I was on a longer career break than I actually was (to cover the 2 months of unemployment)

Anyway I had the interview today, got offered the job to start on 18th July IF references and credit checks come through fine.

Said they need proof of when I flew out and flew home from the career break.

• Upvote 1

dont companies want staff ffs

im gonna switch my applying style

I know it's mad. I have been sending nuff emails about unpaid work experience as an accounts assistant and have received no reply or "Sorry we will be unable to help you with that, best of luck". You have someone willing to do work for no pay and you are not interested. Doesn't make sense to me in all honesty. But it doesn't matter, these are the trials we have to go through to reach our goals.

If you don't fail' date=' you're not even trying[/quote']

That alone keeps me going. Something will come through brother, just gotta stay motivated and keep a positive mindset man.

• Upvote 3

Guest Esquilax

The no pay thing is a bit of a legal nightmare though, they're not actually allowed to keep you past a certain point without paying you, and if they can't afford it then...

huh? if they need 2 years experience surely it can be with any number of companies?

im missing something

Yeh I worded it wrong really. I went on a career break then didnt work for 2 months after it. Told Direct Line that I was on a longer career break than I actually was (to cover the 2 months of unemployment)

Anyway I had the interview today, got offered the job to start on 18th July IF references and credit checks come through fine.

Said they need proof of when I flew out and flew home from the career break.

congrats, should be sweet

• Upvote 1

The no pay thing is a bit of a legal nightmare though, they're not actually allowed to keep you past a certain point without paying you, and if they can't afford it then...

Even if it's like 2 days a week? Do you have any idea how long it is without pay they can keep you? Even if it was one month that's enough to blag for another job. I need to learn the skills in an actual environment.

/

EDIT: Oh snap.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/finance/jobs/7920381/Employers-warned-that-unpaid-internships-could-break-law.html

Guest Esquilax

They actually brought new legislation in recently I think, if it's longer than 2 weeks for instance then I think they have to pay you minimum wage at least or they could face legal action

Edit: Yeah that's the one.

dont companies want staff ffs

im gonna switch my applying style

I know it's mad. I have been sending nuff emails about unpaid work experience as an accounts assistant and have received no reply or "Sorry we will be unable to help you with that, best of luck". You have someone willing to do work for no pay and you are not interested. Doesn't make sense to me in all honesty. But it doesn't matter, these are the trials we have to go through to reach our goals.

If you don't fail' date=' you're not even trying[/quote']

That alone keeps me going. Something will come through brother, just gotta stay motivated and keep a positive mindset man.

love that