If Obama wins the elections..

Dr. Doom

• Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Colin Powell, a republican, is endorsing Obamaduno if thats a gd thing tbh
And you know what this says?Preference of Skin colour first>>>>>>>> Policies second.
Bollocks, dont be sillyHave you been payin attention? Obama's policies are far better and look like they will actually benefit the US than McCains areMcCain knows his are so weak that in the debates he focuses on telling the people what Obama isnt doing as opposed to telling the people what he himself is gonna do

Guest DN Braund
And you know what this says?Preference of Skin colour first>>>>>>>> Policies second.
i see where ur comin frombt i dnt think its that shallowhe says its a change in the right direction for politics, but he was front line in what is wrong with the current political climate coz he was the one chattin sh*t bout WMDs n sh*tn i think Republicans may use this nw coz theyd say Obama is campaigning for change bt the peopel endorsing him are the same factors of what is wrong with American politics

to be frank im not even that fussed about it tbh every single person i have asked about why they like him couldnt give me a serious reason, and when i said its coz he's black they couldnt reply with a different reason. i couldnt care less to be fair, i dont have anything against him but i dont know a thing about him and im not looking to learn about him anytime soon. its annoying seeing so many people know nothing about him but support him because of his race tho. i dont know if anyone on here does that tho so that aint some kind of indirect.
well, theres not much one can like about him if ur not in the country he lives in so what type of answer where you expecting from asking BRITISH people? the choice facing voters this time around is so clear that he should win. it will have a big effect in america, cos that's the last glass ceiling yet to be smashed, and to be smashed so soon will be a big boost for all minorities. outside america, there will be little political impact maybe just a social consciousness of 'yes i can' amongst minorities there too.
Why is it that everything MUST revolve around minorities? Seriously. That's not to say minorities should not be treated equally and fairly but it seems that minorities want a bigger and better share of the deal just because they are a minority.And tbh, they ain't even minorities if we consider the world population.If you CHOOSE to live in a certain place, you are making yourself a minoritiy and if it really bothers people that much by being a minority then move to where you are not a minority? If I felt uncomfortable living somewhere, I would move to where I was comfortable.Are people not forgetting that although we have to look after minorities that there is also 95% of the rest of the country needing representing? :rolleyes:
i dont argue with fools. the question was what impact wld obama have on black people... in general his impact will be to help america as a whole out of the current mess. same way if he was chinese, chinese americans will feel proud, the same way irish americans wld, in more ways than just being a president.
You don't argue with fools but you are one yourself.All I have heard in this thread is how it is NOT a quest for black supremacy yet all people have seemed to point out is what an impact it will make for black people.I have not heard how his appointment will benefit other races?I am sorry but all this bullshit about black people feeling like they can't achieve because they are black is bullshit. If certain black people feel like this then it is because they are pessimistic about life AND IT CAN HAPPEN IN ALL RACES. I am sorry but there is success in every race and what working class black people tend to feel is how I tend to feel and that is the social barriers. However, when I have stated this, many a time might I add, black people have told me that I don't know what it's like.. of course I do.. maybe black people should take it out of their heads that all white people are well off. Even saying white people dominate the world. The economy is booming in the east; recessions in the west. The Arabs wipe their arses with money yet all it seems to be is - "white this" and "white that".The role model excuse is dumb. You are an individual. If you want something bad you can get it. You don't need someone else to do it first. It's just excuses tbh.
take lewis hamilton, some people will be happy if he wins F1 cos he's new, fresh and brings excitement, others bcos they are mclaren fans, others cos he inspires them to succeed in a sport no one his color has b4,some bcos they believe he will do great things for the sport, some bcos they hate the guy there before him, and for others it bcos of his determination to succeed, for some its all of these. when obama pulls over 200k people at a speech in Germanyobama-berlin-germany.jpgi doubt it was only black people who attended!so just like my lewis hamilton example..but for far more important reasons..there will be all sorts of reasons to support him. why do u worry so much about what other people see in him? Colin Powell lost favor with bush because he warned him that the situation they are in now wld happen and was not totally in agreement with the way things were run. supporting someone who is also against the weay bush ran things (obama) so that the guy who is going to keep the status quo(mccain) doesnt if HE wins makes perfect sense.only shallow minded people like u will be completely one track minded. some republicans also have liberal views, and some democrats also have conservative views, people dont just vote for the party but for who the party candidate is bcos of what he/she stands for... this means not every republican leaning person overrall will vote for a repub that has nothing to offer and vice versa.same way labor party mps vote alongside conservatives in the commons. get a life

Guest DN Braund
Bit like JFK in the way hes inspired and got people interesting again in politics. But Obama wants to spend more and increase the debt, thats not a good thing.
bt i cnt say this enoughthe other optionis a man, who in 2000, lost the republican leadership election to George Bushnow, i dnt care who u rif u lose 2 Bush in anything, its pretty much game overis that the best they could come up with? really?

He's not black though. In both senses.He is as white as he is black genetically/physically.He has not had the typical black American experience, he grew up with a well-off white mother, attended elite academic, "white" institutions and talks like a white American (no ebonics). His father is not even American and from what I understand he had very limited contact with the black side of his family for the first 20 years of his life.For all intents and purposes he is "white" anyway.

policy wise obama is a risky option, he's all for changing the tax system and redistributing wealth. we'll see how that works out. Also he is going to spend a lot if hes to achieve all his health and educational policies. With the state of the economy and looming recession in america i doubt he will be able to get away with that. but even with that said he still has more to offer than McCain. On health hes not a supporter of universal healthcare, he will continue the tax breaks for the rich and multinational companies with the hope that when the rich get richer money trickles down to the poor. On foreign policy mccain is basically a bush clone. He's pro-torture, he wont close down guantanamo bay, pro unlawful extradition, he wants to continue this war in iraq and afganistan for as long as possible. he said in the second debate he'll follow osama bin laden to the gates of hell so expect him to spend billions of dollars fighting a war the cannot win.when you put policy aside and you examin both men you realise obama is about unity, he transcends race, gender and social standing. He has inspired even the youth of america. McCain on the other hand is an erratic bitter old man.I doubt why anyone in their right mind, whether you are black, white, rich or poor, even liberal or conservative thinks McCain is better when he represents exactly what bush is.

Bollocks, dont be sillyHave you been payin attention? Obama's policies are far better and look like they will actually benefit the US than McCains areMcCain knows his are so weak that in the debates he focuses on telling the people what Obama isnt doing as opposed to telling the people what he himself is gonna do
Saying that Barack's policies are far better is just your own personal opinion. It does not mean that because you think they are right, this means that they are going to work. Anyways, I am going to wait and see how many people end up turning against him in a few years if he is elected.No matter who gets the job, this is how it is going to be.Let me give some advice. When you are running a campaign, you have 200 million ideas that you want to achieve, but once in office, you find out that 3/4 of these ideas are not feasible and you end up doing the complete opposite of what has been promised.This is because people just feed you what you want to hear so they can win and get the top seat.That's why Thun is right when he says that he is a puppet.Democracy proves that ONE person cannot make decisions. It has to be ratified by a lot of people and the red tape in the way is immense. That's why you should not take his policies serious because there are far more republicans in powerful positions than there are democratics.

May I also add that the role of the President is not to cater for the masses. The role of President is to keep those with money (those with power) on side. The only time the masses are needed is for voting in the top guy (who really is not the top guy at all). By the masses having a vote, they feel they have a voice but this is only to make us think that we are involved in decision making.

May I also add that the role of the President is not to cater for the masses. The role of President is to keep those with money (those with power) on side. The only time the masses are needed is for voting in the top guy (who really is not the top guy at all). By the masses having a vote, they feel they have a voice but this is only to make us think that we are involved in decision making.
And so i put it, why do you want to get in2 Politics.And also that FRAFF ABOUT NATIONALITY AND ONLY RECOGNISING PART OF YOUR HERITAGE IF YOU HAVE ''DUAL'' HERITAGE, IS AS I SAID BEFORE ''FRAFF''.

i heard someone say he was the anti christthoughts?
convenient for the evangelicalsa man with wooly hair will come and pose as christwe'll see the 4 greatest years the world has ever seen his reign as pres will end in november 2012after that is supposed to be when he takes over the worldDecember 21st is when Jesus is supposed to comedown and slay himmakes "sense"
boi.. thats deep still... i've been recently thinking about him being the anti-christ aswell.. but we'll just have to wait and see i suppose.

And so i put it, why do you want to get in2 Politics.And also that FRAFF ABOUT NATIONALITY AND ONLY RECOGNISING PART OF YOUR HERITAGE IF YOU HAVE ''DUAL'' HERITAGE, IS AS I SAID BEFORE ''FRAFF''.
To answer your first question: I am not in politics for the fame, the money, the glory or the power. I am in politics because I want to help my community in areas that I have personally experienced. I feel that everyone has a career path to pursue and mine is in politics because I like to help others and I enjoy meeting people of all backgrounds.Second:I am basically saying that if you are British, then you are British. If you are African, then you are African. You may have one British parent and one African parent but that does not mean that you should be classed as their identities as I feel that we all hold an individual form of personal identity.My mother is Irish, my father is English, however. I was born in England and have lived in England all of my life. I was educated here, grew up here and I will probably die here. Therefore, whatever my parents are, I class myself as English. I am not both. I do respect my mothers herritage but I am my own person and I am not my mother or my father. I am Sean.The point is that we are all as important as eachother and we are all characters in our own right. We should not be defined by others but by how we are, individually.Now, if I am to govern a country, I should be from that country and class myself as one nationality only. Otherwise there would be a conflict of interest and we are seeing this now in Britian.You either live in one house or the other and it should be right that you look after your own house first.

How do you think this will impact the way race is looked upon? Or how it will not impact? And do you think it would change/influence your life in anyway?
To be honest..I think the whole reason that I was put off Obama and I am backing McCain is because everyone has made such a race deal of it all. Like people are on a mission for black supremacy or something.Black people need to understand something...White supremacy, black supremacy.. it's all the same ffs.I wish people would stop going on about skin colour all the time. The day everyone else stops bitching about race; will be the day I stop bitching about race.So what if he is black? in fact, he ain't even black he is mixed race, so it's jokes how the black community go on like they own him and he belongs to them. That's why it ain't worth mixing if you are white because you lose everything to do with your own identity/culture.If he is elected president, he will serve ALL People.. do black people think he is going to start dishing out money to black people and prioritising them first or something?won't be long till you slag him off saying he don't represent black people and he acts white or some sh*t.
Your white init

How do you think this will impact the way race is looked upon? Or how it will not impact? And do you think it would change/influence your life in anyway?
To be honest..I think the whole reason that I was put off Obama and I am backing McCain is because everyone has made such a race deal of it all. Like people are on a mission for black supremacy or something.Black people need to understand something...White supremacy, black supremacy.. it's all the same ffs.I wish people would stop going on about skin colour all the time. The day everyone else stops bitching about race; will be the day I stop bitching about race.So what if he is black? in fact, he ain't even black he is mixed race, so it's jokes how the black community go on like they own him and he belongs to them. That's why it ain't worth mixing if you are white because you lose everything to do with your own identity/culture.If he is elected president, he will serve ALL People.. do black people think he is going to start dishing out money to black people and prioritising them first or something?won't be long till you slag him off saying he don't represent black people and he acts white or some sh*t.
Your white init
Why does my skin colour matter? I am merely pointing out a perception. Can we just concentrate on what has been said rather than looking at people for skin colour and then judging their opinions? thank you.

i heard someone say he was the anti christthoughts?
convenient for the evangelicalsa man with wooly hair will come and pose as christwe'll see the 4 greatest years the world has ever seen his reign as pres will end in november 2012after that is supposed to be when he takes over the worldDecember 21st is when Jesus is supposed to comedown and slay himmakes "sense"
boi.. thats deep still... i've been recently thinking about him being the anti-christ aswell.. but we'll just have to wait and see i suppose.
No no no.The Antichrist as described in the revelations points to the Vatican. A pope will be the antichrist. I don't beleive in the Antichrist by the way.Also you lot getting deep into this election: don't let them get you sucked in, truth is, any president that is elected serves those who funded his election campaign. Lobbyists. I'm not saying Obama is corrupt, just that is the way it is. Look up Woodrow Wilson and how he came to power. Look up "CFR + US media". Obama has been supported by the mainstream since day 1. Oh don't tell me, Obama managed to beat the CFR by being a black man with free will spreading his message of hope, breaking down barriers. Obama the symbol of racial tolerance, white mon, black dad etc. One black mans struggle..Give me a break. Wake up. Its one big show. Another thing Henry Kissinger (war criminal, coup organiser, zionist, racist, elitist, NWO front man, dodgy business guy) is McCains advisor.