HTC Touch Pro

Jefferson

So i was lookin for a replacement for my old n borin prada that i got on contract last year.. had a few thoughts like the blackberry curve/bold or storm... and the n96but came across this new htc touch pro . a smart phone . run on windows mobile 6.1. Looks smart as hell.. and the whole touchflo 3d ting they got on the phone loooks soo nice.. went into a phone shop to have a look and just amazes me lolpicture:htc_touch_pro.jpghtc-touch-pro-1.jpgthey have a degrade version without the slidey qwerty keyboard.. called the diamond .. bascially the same but has a smaller battery life and no SD expansion slot from what i remember.video:HTC Touch Pro Youtube VidProbs will get this phone.. around xmas time.. also theres this new sony ericson xperia X1 coming out soon, similar, but much much bigger.. i would embed the vid, but ima clueless blackman initdiscuss n what not.

If the keyboard isn't THAT important to you and you're in a rush you might aswell llow them both and just get the htc touch hd. Better specs than the two you mentioned.Besides, I'd hold back on buying a pda. With the launch of the G1 and alot of companies looking to switch to the android OS (dependant on its success) there's gonna be a lot of new releases.mark my words.

If the keyboard isn't THAT important to you and you're in a rush you might aswell llow them both and just get the htc touch hd. Better specs than the two you mentioned.Besides, I'd hold back on buying a pda. With the launch of the G1 and alot of companies looking to switch to the android OS (dependant on its success) there's gonna be a lot of new releases.mark my words.
yeah i saw the g1 looks smart but for some reason doesnt catch me.. but i probz wont be deciding til january time ish and see where the hype is at lolim gona check the hd out aswell still

yeah i saw the g1 looks smart but for some reason doesnt catch me.. but i probz wont be deciding til january time ish and see where the hype is at lolim gona check the hd out aswell still
G1 is fugly still :lol:Only thing that catches my eye is the OS, just waiting to get the demo this week so I can try it out

G1 is fugly still :lol:Only thing that catches my eye is the OS, just waiting to get the demo this week so I can try it out
lol when i first saw it i thought it was an apple pda type ting cos of the colour n that ..oo get u wid the demo how u getin that ? lol

The diamond was swag. Good specs but usability was swag, unresponsive, slow etc...This looks exactly the same but with a qwerty keyboard.But maybe they tweaked it a bit.

boooooooooooooy!Just been trying the G1 and I gotta say i'm suprised to say the least.Didn't get to use the android market or 3d compass but the rest of the phone was solid.At first I thought the keypad was small but its decent sized.Phone is kinda on the ugly and large side but the OS is sick.When every touchscreen phone drops people throw around that whole "iphone killer" title, and no, this isn't an iphone killer in terms of usability but its a cut above all the other pdas at the minute.if they stick to the whole open-source ruling and keep the android market products free (and developers get behind it) the possiblities are limitless!Might have to wait for 2nd generation before I purchase tho

my upgrade is in december i think i have no idea what phone im gonna get, want my next phone to be touchscreen again tho. i've currently got a viewty which im sick of tbh. i planned initially to get an iphone till i kept hearing it was sh*t now i wish i got one instead of the viewty. but i dont want the 3G iphone wen my upgrade comes, by then i think there will be a few better phones out. no clue what phone im gonna get but i just want one that wont be another case of the novelty wearin off quickly.

boooooooooooooy!Just been trying the G1 and I gotta say i'm suprised to say the least.Didn't get to use the android market or 3d compass but the rest of the phone was solid.At first I thought the keypad was small but its decent sized.Phone is kinda on the ugly and large side but the OS is sick.When every touchscreen phone drops people throw around that whole "iphone killer" title, and no, this isn't an iphone killer in terms of usability but its a cut above all the other pdas at the minute.if they stick to the whole open-source ruling and keep the android market products free (and developers get behind it) the possiblities are limitless!Might have to wait for 2nd generation before I purchase tho
Compared to a curve and iphone whats good about the G1? and when you say big, how big we talking...bigger then the iphone?

The diamond was swag. Good specs but usability was swag, unresponsive, slow etc...This looks exactly the same but with a qwerty keyboard.But maybe they tweaked it a bit.
More RAMWith the updated rom the diamond is fine anyway...Will be getting the touch pro or x1 as soon as they come out on o2Its just better interface (touch pro) vs higher resolution (x1)

the diamond is fine for mei havent had any problems with it
Boy when I used my mate's. I found myself swiping my finger across the screen (that quick scroll thing) several times before it would switch to the next icon. Or sometimes it would respond like 2 seconds after a swipe.If I carried on any longer I may have developed a repetitive strain injury or tennis elbow...lol.Trust when you made the topic about this phone ages ago I was soooo on getting this but after that experience I just copped an iphone.But your a pda dude so maybe your used to how you have to use them kind of devices.

boyi must have some nexx firmware or sutinwas u mans on vodafone?
Yeah got the diamond on itUpgraded the firmware the day I got it, did a load of tweaks I found on the internet.Sped it up a bit, but it was still slow as f*ck.Maybe I was expecting too much from a touch phone though 2bhIm gonna wait until this HD thing comes out and try that when it does.Also, Vodafone's customer service I have found to be shocking.