Ricky "Hitman" Hatton v Paulie "the magic man" Malignaggi

Admin.

• Replies 248
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Would like to see how Hatton's defence continues to improve training with Mayweather Sr. He used to defend with his face, he didn't hardly get tagged at all in this fight. Was slipping snap punches and all sorts. Old Hatton isn't possessing of enough quality but lets see how he does in the next 2 fights.
He looked like the same old Hatton to me, and I've seen probably 40 of his fights from 1998. His worst period was immediately after Tszyu when he thought he could maul and brawl everyone.ATB,Blade

Absolutely disappointed in Malignaggi - he offered nothing in the fight apart from a couple of good punches in the first and one in about the 9th.Very harsh pulling him out of the fight though, it was a title fight and he had been "fighting" that way throughout the fight so why pull him out with 2 rounds left? May as well have let him carry on cuddling Hatton's legs...Felt sorry for Malignaggi, he's obviously a passionate fighter which is good to see, just think he came up against a much stronger fighter and subsequently ran out of ideas of how to beat him.

Plus lol @ thisf_malignaggihm_de9526a.jpgMalignaggi's an alright guy tbh. He acts with respect after a fight, win or lose.SLASHDo you think Hatton is gonna give Witter his fight? Personally I hope we see HattonvBradley (that would piss Witter off lol), would be a good match up imo. But it won't happen cos Bradley ain't gonna bring the right kind of money to the table that a Mayweather rematch or the like would.

Malignaggi is tough and can box but he cant punch to save his life. As much as I dont belive Hatton can deal with a mover, he should walk through him
Wasnt even hard to foresee
Oh and Paulie is a good guy not to vent his frustrations on Buddy McGirt. Would have clarted him with a few punches. How you gonna pull out a fighter who isnt in great danger of his life, never been stopped and not nearing the end of his career because he wasnt going to win? What kind of message are you sending or trying to teach? Very selfish of him and I expect many fighters will be wary of taking him on as coach. Very overrated anyway; all he did was change Gatti from wreckless brawler to a boxer who went on to be involved in one of the greatest trilogies in boxing history. Vernon Forrest? lol. He's air.

that kirkland kid looks a good prospect
He's sh*t. Any Jeff Lacy
I disagree brah. Better than Jeff, you've got to give him that.
Possibly but they are the same in that they are both gassed up when they will get banged out. The man has next to no defence. His chin is open for the right cross cos he just marches forward with chin in air, feet looked terrible as well. Best thing about him aside the punch is the come forward, all-action style.