Nokia N97

Guest \o/

nokia_n97_white_13a_lowres.jpg
Details are in, Nokia has a new flagship phone. The N97 packs a 3.5-inch, 640 x 360 pixel (that's a 16:9 aspect ratio) touchscreen display and QWERTY into this sliding communicator with an "always open" window to favorite internet or social networking sites. Nokia calls it the "world's most advanced mobile computer." To back up the claim they've dropped in HSDPA and WiFi radios, 32GB of onboard memory with microSD expansion (for up to 48GB total capacity), and a battery capable of up to 1.5 days of continuous audio playback. 5 megapixel camera with Carl Zeiss glass and "DVD quality" video capture, too. The specs are certainly impressive, let's see if the S60 5th Editition OS can support it. The N97 will launch with a retail price set at around €550 ($693) excluding subsidies and taxes, phone to ship in H1 2009.

sickeningWouldnt replace my X1 with it but still a very sick phone, facebook and myspace on the home screen is serious

"world's most advanced mobile computer."hmmm...just looks like an updated white n96, with a bigger screen, bigger memory and a keyboard tbhI wonder how long it'll take for the phone to be recalled once its released :lol:
lol @ the scepticsThe screen is significantly larger and higher res (not to mention touchscreen), double memory, and a keyboard is a HUGE difference..Not to mention a well updated operating systemabout "just an updated n96" :rolleyes:

sickeningWouldnt replace my X1 with it but still a very sick phone, facebook and myspace on the home screen is serious
"world's most advanced mobile computer."hmmm...just looks like an updated white n96, with a bigger screen, bigger memory and a keyboard tbhI wonder how long it'll take for the phone to be recalled once its released :lol:
lol @ the scepticsThe screen is significantly larger and higher res (not to mention touchscreen), double memory, and a keyboard is a HUGE difference..Not to mention a well updated operating systemabout "just an updated n96" :rolleyes:
lol @ calling me a sceptic.Using a superlative saying its world's most advanced mobile computer...thats a little far-fetched don't you think.If it was everyone with a pda/touchscreen phone would be selling their current phone and flocking to pre-order this one. You yourself have said you wouldn't switch your x1. Its a polished n82 attached to an e90 mixed with a lil hint of n96.Personally I don't think the keyboard is all that. There are loads of touchscreen phones on the market.The new operating system looks decent but a Nokia rep himself the symbian software is nothing special. "Its an improvement on the Pixons interactivity"The phone is far short of revolutionary.Its a good nokia phone no-one disputing that, probably the best THEY'VE released but not the world's.

The N96 was just an better looking N95.This however is nothing like an N96 or N95. Phone looks sick to be honest.

infact f*ck it. I am a sceptic.I lost faith in the N-series a long time ago :lol:
same as. Nokia smart phones always promise so much, but deliver very little.____ >>>>> nokia build quality/battery life
depends on the phone tbh, the n95 feels cheap as f*ck thoughmy e71 aint, and the battery life is still a full bar ting even though its 5pmmy touch pro however would be on 50 - 65% by now if i was using it, no point in having such a feature rich device if it barely lasts the day

^^^how long you got left and what contract you on?
erm probably about 12 months (18 month ting)and im on flext 25 or 30
:lol:there was me thinking you had like 3months left or summin...nah ain't happening. unless you get them to extend your contract, which I wouldn't advise doing.

^^^how long you got left and what contract you on?
erm probably about 12 months (18 month ting)and im on flext 25 or 30
:lol:there was me thinking you had like 3months left or summin...nah ain't happening. unless you get them to extend your contract, which I wouldn't advise doing.
LOL thought it was a long shotdamn