OJ Simpson Sentencing

Gordon Gekko

US football star and actor OJ Simpson has been sentenced to 15 years in jail for armed robbery, conspiracy to kidnap and assault with a deadly weapon.Describing Simpson, 61, as arrogant and ignorant, District Judge Jackie Glass said the evidence was overwhelming.Simpson made an emotional appeal prior to sentencing at the Las Vegas court, saying he was "sorry" and "confused".His accomplice, Clarence Stewart, was also sentenced to 15 years after the two were convicted on 12 charges.The charges related to the robbery and holding of two sports memorabilia dealers at the Palace Station hotel in Las Vegas in September 2007.In 1995, Simpson was acquitted of murdering his former wife, Nicole Brown Simpson, and her friend Ronald Goldman in what was dubbed "the trial of the century".'Trial of the century'Simpson and Stewart had seized the memorabilia dealers in an attempt to reclaim items linked to the former National Football League star's sporting career, which Simpson claimed still belonged to him.Before sentencing, Judge Glass said: "The potential for harm to occur in that room was tremendous.""You went to the room, you took guns... you used force, you took property... and in this state that amounts to robbery with a deadly weapon," said the judge.Prior to sentencing, Simpson pleaded for leniency from the judge with a trembling voice and tears in his eyes."I didn't mean to hurt anybody and I didn't mean to steal from anybody," said the former Buffalo Bills player."I did not know that I was doing anything illegal," he said. "I thought that I was confronting friends and retrieving my property. So I am sorry. I am sorry for all of it."Judge Glass dismissed two counts of coercion with use of a deadly weapon.But she denied defence motions for bail pending appeal, saying both defendants posed a risk of fleeing.After his acquittal in the 1995 case, Simpson was later found liable for the deaths in a civil case and ordered to pay $33.5m (£19m) to Mr Goldman's family. OJ SIMPSON SENTENCEConspiracy to commit a crimeConspiracy to kidnapTwo counts of first degree kidnappingBurglary in possession of a deadly weaponTwo counts of armed robberyTwo counts of assault with a deadly weapon15 Years and could be out on parole in 5

Guest Wu-Tang

This is some horrible coincidenceI was just talking to my friend about OJ..like..just now O_oBut yea, man killed two people, he should still be in prison now from 20 years ago.How you gonna kill them, then make a book called 'If I Did It...heres how it would have happened' :lol:

Guys an absolute fassyYou escaped prison the first time, why get yo ass in sh*t again nucca. whyI woulda just jumped on the first flight to Israel the moment I heard not guilty
To be fair though, he was stealing back stuff that was already his and that the people that he was stealing the stuff from (that had stole from him) he already knewSo he was basically goin there and tellin them to give him his sh*t back..but with force so obviously the guns and kidnapping was needed but the court were makin out like he was some monster for itId expect my sh*t back aswell but 15 years aint too bad but i feel worse for the other guy who went just to help him out not knowin the full situation

How can he only get 15 years for armed robbery, conspiracy to kidnap and assault with a deadly weapon.
2 big charges were dropped due to prejudice or somethinWas supposed to be 12 charges but was only charged for 10 which helped him plus he was given the lesser side of each sentence for the majority of them

How can he only get 15 years for armed robbery, conspiracy to kidnap and assault with a deadly weapon.
2 big charges were dropped due to prejudice or somethinWas supposed to be 12 charges but was only charged for 10 which helped him plus he was given the lesser side of each sentence for the majority of them
Still seems very weak, my guys servin 22 years over there for Drugs so him only gettin 15 for them 3 things doesn't seem right.

Guest DN Braund

HAthey wasnt lettin this nigga get away for NOTHINGthats wot u get when u get away with sutin n get too cockyabout if i did itKMFTnigga deserves to rot in hellu done got away with a double murderWHAT THE f*ck ARE YOU DOING GOIN TO STEAL MEMORABILIA WHEN U KNOW THE JAKES ARE ON YOUffssome coonish mentality

Guest LucaPiano
The judge mentionin the previous case said it all 2 meThis was payback for OJFelt sorry 4 his co defendantGuy had no priors and 4 kids and health problems...ow u gna cage a man up for 15 yrds at 60 for something as minor as thisThe judge came like a WWE pay per view... No Mercy

Guest DN Braund
did he actually kill his wife and tho tho, im not too familiar with the case.lol
I don't believe he did. I believe he got someone to kill them for him.Didn't wanna do his own dirty work + he has money = Hitman.
or he thought everyone would think he did thatso he jus did it himself

did he actually kill his wife and tho tho, im not too familiar with the case.lol
I don't believe he did. I believe he got someone to kill them for him.Didn't wanna do his own dirty work + he has money = Hitman.
well, even if he did or he didnt do it, justice came to him finally.Guys a bloody dweeb.

well, even if he did or he didnt do it, justice came to him finally.Guys a bloody dweeb.
cswat a dweeb