January Window

MrJibbles

• Replies 628
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I Fail to see how Arshavin & those players coming back solves your problems.
Arshavin, Nasri & Rosicky + a consistent Walcott = a ridiculous amount of pace, tekkers & creativity...
LMFAO. That midfield will get CRUNCHED and BULLIED by any mid table team that can't pass a f*cking ball.We need a "Flamini" or a "Vieira" just CLEANING UP.

Wenger dont learn tho.Effectively if this happens certain players Arsenal careers are coming to a end.
explain
IMO Arshavin is going to be Rosicky replacement in squad terms, however its likely that Wenger gonna use him to cover a number of positions - right mid, upfront, in the hole & left mid. Which dependent on injuries means less games for Bendtner & Eboue. Who both really would be deemed surplus once just Walcott & Eduardo get back.As for why he doesnt learn is cos this is a signing he need to make two years ago when we was crying out for a player that could play on either flank. Hopefully it wont take him another 2 years to see the problems staring him in the face right now - Goalkeeper, centre midfielder & centre back.

Arsene is too hard headed for his own good, and for the good of Arsenal football club. Given put himself on a plate and Arsene turned round and said he wasn't interested. He f*cked over Gallas and is playing a makeshift centreback pairing.He needs to make 3 signings and they need to be players who can go straight into the starting line up, not promising talent for the future. GK, CB and MC

I Fail to see how Arshavin & those players coming back solves your problems.
Arshavin, Nasri & Rosicky + a consistent Walcott = a ridiculous amount of pace, tekkers & creativity...
LMFAO. That midfield will get CRUNCHED and BULLIED by any mid table team that can't pass a f*cking ball.We need a "Flamini" or a "Vieira" just CLEANING UP.
LMFAO @ you for thinking I was suggesting we start that as a midfield. I merely bought those names up, because those would be our WINGERS if all were fit.I honestly think people haven't been watching our games enough and just want to lazily analyze our performances. Yes, we haven't had enough bite and we are defensively weak, but we've also lost ALOT of our attacking potency/penetration in equal measure. Additionally, one thing I'm VERY worried about, is we can't even seem to retain the ball as well as could, a YEAR ago. TBH, if there were 2 positions I would prioritise, it would be DM/Box 2 Box midfielder & a winger/attacki midfielder i.e. Arshavin.Johan & Billy will do fine up until the end of the season, if we're able to even HOLD the ball. Johan is probably better than Toure was before the sharp decline, but Kolo played in a defence that didn't have to constantly be under pressure due to the fact the midfield/attack couldn't hold the ball efficiently.

We been lacking "attacking potency/penetration" for over three years now, its another problem Wenger has over looked. Half the reason we all hype Eduardo and his return is cos we hope he the player to partly solve the problem. We retain the ball, we just do nothing with it in the final third. Players like Rosicky, Hleb & Fabregas knew what to do with the ball with time in them situations. Eboue, Denilson, Song and even Walcott dont. All four of them are actually best on the ball when they dont have time to think.No defensive partnership is going to work with Almunia behind and Denilson in front. Its been exposed, its a known flaw that teams will always go into games planning to attack, we cant get by until its drastically changed and teams know they need a new way of playing against us and Djourou isnt that man on his own to make that change happened, he still learning his game and not natural defensively sound he very much like Kolo where his turn of pace makes him look good. However if we had a keeper capable of producing some match winning saves in the short term we culd definitely get by.

Pretend Arshavin is a done deal, and you have 15-20million left in Jan.You can sign two more players, who do you want?
If Wenger signed Arshavin, Veloso & Given (but really I would take 90% of the Prems keepers over Almunia who is by certain top 3 selected worst) I'd be happy. Just two of them couldnt play in the CL and would need time to adapt.

the sale of flamini and diarra still burn me to this day, how Wenger could not forsee the problems we have in our midfield is beyond meStill need a good in the air typical, no nonsense center back. Still need a proper keeper, not no second rate spanish keeper begging to play for england cos he cant get in his own national teams squad. Wenger doesnt wanna buy another keeper cos that puts fabianski futher down the pecking order and he rates him but he aint readyf*ck songf*ck denilsonDiaby wont ever be that guy we want him to be (see ryans post) he aint got a football brain or a defensive one at thatand another thing that bugs me is we would possess 3 top class AM's (if we sign Arshavin) and wenger sticks them on the wings limiting there effectivenessand we also miss hleb big time, yes i said iti'd welcome the signing of Arshavin though, the way we are missing players with individual (sp) quality is mad considering what we had in the recent past.

Bryan Swanson is on Sky Sports News right now, saing he has just spoke to Maxim Mitrofanov, the Zenit managing director, and he has reiterated the following to him;Arsenal are the only club Zenit are speaking toThey are going discuss the deal further this afternoonThey said the £20m fee isn't set in stone and the structure of the deal is something they are exploring.The 10-14 day completion date hasn't changed
Update that has just been on SSN - Zenit have said Arsenal are the ONLY club they are talking too, and reports they will only accept 20 million are also un true.

Zenit St Petersburg have told Sky Sports News that they are only talking to Arsenal about the proposed transfer of Andrei Arshavin. The club's general director, Maxim Mitrofanov, told Sky Sports News chief news reporter Bryan Swanson talks are continuing with the Gunners and no other club. Mitrofanov hopes a deal can be reached within the next two weeks and Zenit will consider receiving payments in instalments. It follows claims from Arshavin's agent that Zenit are attempting to inflate the price tag of their talented playmaker.Dennis Lachter, who represents the gifted forward, suggested reports of an impending move to Emirates Stadium were premature.Arshavin helped Zenit lift the Uefa Cup last season with victory over Rangers in the final and went on to impress for his country during Euro 2008.A summer of speculation over his future ensued, with Barcelona, Tottenham and the Gunners all credited with an interest, but no move materialised.PriceZenit coach d*ck Advocaat expects Arshavin to leave before the transfer window closes, with Gunners boss Arsene Wenger admitting he would be prepared to sign a player even if he was ineligible for this season's UEFA Champions League.However, Lachter told the London Evening Standard: "There is no news, no negotiations yet. "I represent the player and I can assure you I would know if something had been discussed. It is the people of Zenit trying to initiate some kind of interest."They are trying to use the media to make the price of Arshavin £20million - I would not take it seriously."Given Wenger's transfer market history, the Gunners would be highly unlikely to splash out such a figure on one player, with Zenit coy on what fee they would accept.General director Maxim Mitrofanov said: "It's very difficult to discuss the Arshavin value. "We want to get an adequate payment. We also need to see what player will be coming to us to replace Andrei."----------He is quality but wothout a DM and Keeper you still arnt going to win anything which is the point of playing football.

the sale of flamini and diarra still burn me to this day, how Wenger could not forsee the problems we have in our midfield is beyond meStill need a good in the air typical, no nonsense center back. Still need a proper keeper, not no second rate spanish keeper begging to play for england cos he cant get in his own national teams squad. Wenger doesnt wanna buy another keeper cos that puts fabianski futher down the pecking order and he rates him but he aint readyf*ck songf*ck denilsonDiaby wont ever be that guy we want him to be (see ryans post) he aint got a football brain or a defensive one at thatand another thing that bugs me is we would possess 3 top class AM's (if we sign Arshavin) and wenger sticks them on the wings limiting there effectivenessand we also miss hleb big time, yes i said iti'd welcome the signing of Arshavin though, the way we are missing players with individual (sp) quality is mad considering what we had in the recent past.
can someone direct me to this post?