MMA Megathread - UFC / Strikeforce / Bellator

Tyler Durden

Well I was very wrong. GSP wins by TKO at the end of round 4 putting in a devasting performance against BJ Penn who had no answer. Was pretty much even in the first round, but early in the 2nd GSP got a vital takedown and the whole match changed. Vicious ground n pound by GSP, BJ was taking a hammering. End of 4th, Ref stopped the fight after the doc's advice. GSP always gracious whether win or defeat, brilliant to see from a fighter. Thiago Alves seems to be next up.Silva no match for Lyoto Machida. Machida just a cut above him, brutal KO in the first round. Hope he gets a title shot soon.Jon Jones was extremely impressive, fantastic maneuovers displayed by the young fighter, sure to be a star in the upcoming years.

GSP totally dominated Penn. Penn's cardio is still sh*t and he couldnt back up none of the sh*t he was talking. Ended exactly how I called it.Machida destroyed Silva. I really cant see him being beaten at 205. Some interesting matchups top be made with Rampage-Machida and Machida-Evans.Guida didnt deserve the win over Diaz. I know the scoring is based on control but you cant just hug your opponent from behind without being active with anything else.Jones totally schooled Bonnar. His spinning elbow was sick and some of his slams were too.

• 3 weeks later...

Rampage trains over here now so he's an honoury Brit Terry Atim's looking like a serious prospect Hardy'll hopefully achieve somthing big aswell because even though i want to, i just don't buy into the Bisping hype i reckon both Henderson and Franklin would beat him nevermind Anderson Silva

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Medic

Come on Rashad!!Rampage is a joker though. I hoped he would lose so we could see Machida have the title shot, but this fight will be quality too. Cant see Rashad losing.

Guest Medic
gonzaga got nocked the f*ck out, carwin is a beast
Carwin was on the verge of getting KO'd aswell. Didnt impress me much, but hes one stronger f*cker. Gotta give him that.

Like I said earlier, would have still been good to see Machida fight Evans at some point, now at least this way they fight and Rampage is likely to fight the winner.BUT...what happens in a situation where Machida beats Evans and wins the title...Rampage would then fight Machida for the title...but would still have all that bad blood with Evans and we'd have to wait even longer to see Evans vs Rampage especially if Rampage then goes on to beat Machida.

TBH i dont really think theres any bad blood between Evans and Rampage Evans vs Machida should be a good fight and will give Evans more of a well rounded test coz i reckon Evans vs Rampage would've just been a boxing match would be good to see Machida chin get really tested, I cant see him dominating Evans like he's dominated others so should be an interesting fight.Now all the UFC gotta do is set up the fight between Thiago Alves and GSP thats what i wanna see