MMA Megathread - UFC / Strikeforce / Bellator

Tyler Durden

forgot it was even oncard looked sh*t from when i saw it months back. shogun won i see, what was wrong steven?ufc 97 - Chuck Liddell vs. Mauricio Rua - shogun to whoop
Shogun gassed in the 2nd round big time. Coleman was gassed from the start and should have been KO'd by at least the 2nd but Shogun wasn't throwing enough shots and ended up getting taken down and hurt a few times.Liddell-Shogun will be an interesting one. Heard Rampage is fighting Jardine now for some reason...

Fedor Emelianenko, often regarded as the greatest fighter on the planet, did it again last night as he scored a first round knock out over former UFC heavyweight world champion Andrei Arlovski. Arlovski started the bout well, clearly ahead in the first round by delivering good leg kicks and clean punches. Fedor was backed into the corner by an Arlovski snap kick, which "The pitbull" tried to follow up by attempting a flying knee.8 weeks of hardcore boxing training with the so-called "best boxing trainer in the world" proved useless as "The last Emperor" Emelianenko answered Arlovski's acrobatic attempt by delivering a beautiful right hand, consequently plummeting the former champion face first into the canvas.8042-8035-Fedor947AF2.jpg8042-8035-Fedor959AF2.jpg2irrqkx.jpg

Was there some reason why Dana doesn't want Fedor at UFC? I remember reading something before a while back along those lines about UFC not wanting him there or him not wanting to go UFC?
UFC entered contract negotiations with Fedor before. Basically...the UFC do not allow their fighters to fight outside of their organisation. Fedor fights a lot in Sambo competitions which he isn't willing to give up. Also, the UFC were putting in unreasonable demands. I think it ended up saying they had the right to terminate his contract if he lost his first fight or some sh*t like that. Fedor makes a sh*t load of money with affliction. I dont think the UFC are willing to give him rights to his own fight sales and such...

The contract Fedor has right now allows him to fight in whatever organisation he wants/wants to pay him. But that was only 4 3 matches (i thhink he's got 1 left) I reckon if Brock or Frank Mir win convincingly i reckon the Ufc will break the bank to get him especially if its Brock Brock vs Fedor would be the biggest match in the history of the sport