Sign in to follow this  
Bacardi_Up

Wrist & Ankle Weights

I recently bought some. 5lbs on each ankle, 2.5lbs on each wrist.I go to uni and any time I am walking or going out during the day I wear em (past few days).I notice when walking is more difficult etc... but I was wondering what are the most effective (without being overly strenuous, e.g running with the leg weights on) ways to use them.Cheers.

I gunan cop some ankleand wrist maybe even waistshud I jsut put some bricks in my bag at collegeyo man

my mum had a set of these, no idea how effective they are *waits for the experts to drop advice*

I have a pair but one of my bredrins started going on about how bad they are for your bones and sh*t so I never used them.
initf*ck that manlmfaoif u want strong wrists do pressups on your fists rather than flat hands if u want strong ankles skip

I have a pair but one of my bredrins started going on about how bad they are for your bones and sh*t so I never used them.
initf*ck that manlmfaoif u want strong wrists do pressups on your fists rather than flat hands if u want strong ankles skip
I don't think they are aimed to develop those regions.They aim to develop tone and extra physical exertion when moving.I wear them because if I am on the way to uni I can't do any physical activity bar walking, this makes walking a little more effort.Some people use them when running.

why not run to uni?
Involves a motorway.Plus when carrying a lappy it's not the most comfortable feeling.

i think its a waste to add that extra weight like that. you can use ankle weights for doing ab workouts, and leg work outs, and wrist ones for shoulder's and boxing practice which also targets shoulders etc.those are targetted bodyparts that are worked out to fatigue over a short intense time. wearing an ankle weight to walk to uni when you only burn a tiny amt of calories is wasted energy imo.u dont need leg weights to run. if ur trying to gain strength then build up speed endurance, if ur trying to lose bodyfat then find a place to run if u dont go gym and do proper cardio.

Agreed.I have a punching bag to release my aggression on.Was punching that with the weights on.

swear too many people say they do "boxing" to keep fit, when what they are actually doing is throwing punches into a bag with no technique or real idea of what they're doingedit, i ain't talking about you ^^^, cos that's not what you said, your post just reminded me of it

swear too many people say they do "boxing" to keep fit, when what they are actually doing is throwing punches into a bag with no technique or real idea of what they're doingedit, i ain't talking about you ^^^, cos that's not what you said, your post just reminded me of it
hes punching a bag with weights on his arms matelmfao

I swear it's mostly a gimmick or for people who are injured and need to get back into walking slowly./100% C/S about "boxing" when people can't even throw a punch.Saw some c*nt take a running fly kick at the bag in esporta last night. Fully smh.

used to wear ankle weights when playing football for the first half then when i took them off i felt fresh again for the second half