Summer Speculation topic

HangTheDJ

lmao at his wikihttp://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Seyi_Olofinjanalook at his goals.lmao
:D Just before the Wiki police get a hold of itClub informationCurrent club Manchester UnitedNumber 4Youth career1998–1999 ArsenalSenior career1999–2003 Kwara United2003–2004 Brann 058 (100)2004–2008 Wolverhampton Wanderers 034 (101)2008-2009 Stoke City 135 (106))2009- Manchester United

• Replies 4.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Agree with Tulse 100%Italians or players from the Italian league just dont seem to set the premiership alightIts ok signing a youngster because they can grow up and adapt to the league but at 25 years old for 20million its a bit of Robbie Keane move imoAlonso is to sickkkOzzez classOnly a handful of players good enough to replace him imo (Alberto Aquilani does not make that shortlist)If i was Liverpool fan i would be extremely worriedShould just put Stevie GBH back in CM and bought a number 10 who Torres actually rates1step forward as always for Liverpool

Aquilani is kinda sick, but £20m is a bump. Transfer fees are fully taking the piss this season.
£20million is a bit steep. I thourght it was going to be £15mil but i guess not. I just hope he can stay fit and injury free. I heard hes recovering from an injury now and is expected to return around end of August/September... Its crucial we dont rush.Good buy. Im expecting another big name.
04.10.2007 - 01.01.2008 (Calf)24.10.2008 - 21.11.2008 (Thigh)28.11.2008 - 02.01.2009 (Thigh)13.02.2009 - 10.03.2009 (Ankle)12.03.2009 - Present (Ankle)

Guest Tulse Hill

Alonso had that STEAL about him, he was thick built and wouldn't shy out of a 50/50 winning most of them, Aquilliani WILL NOT do that for a fact.

Funny thing is only a couple seasons back Rafa was considering selling Alonso for a fraction of that 30M price. Doubt many liv fans would have objected.Rafa's over reliance on Gerrard will prove to be his downfall imo. Players like Alonso don't come around often. And Aqua is a good player, but injuries and form have never been his strong points./SAF saying we can still spend. Hoping we go for an AMF that can score and create goals. Its a big ask but I def feel its needed just to finish things off.

Alonso had that STEAL about him, he was thick built and wouldn't shy out of a 50/50 winning most of them, Aquilliani WILL NOT do that for a fact.
Yeah i hear ya bludArsenal got Cesc, Man Utd got Carrick, Chelsea got Lamps, Liverpool got AquilaniJust does not really match up the other top 4Hopefully now he plays in a team full of world class players his great talent will be recognizedI mean goals can be replaced like if Torres was to go you could bring in Villa or Hunterlaar etc but someone like Alonso is a rare playerI cant see Aquilani scoring from the half way lineHmm Surely for 30mill he could have got Robben and Sneijder/VDV ?If his injury record does continue is Lucas really ready for a run in the starting 11 against the big boys like Mikel, Denilson or AndersonI dont think so

Funny thing is only a couple seasons back Rafa was considering selling Alonso for a fraction of that 30M price. Doubt many liv fans would have objected.Rafa's over reliance on Gerrard will prove to be his downfall imo. Players like Alonso don't come around often. And Aqua is a good player, but injuries and form have never been his strong points./SAF saying we can still spend. Hoping we go for an AMF that can score and create goals. Its a big ask but I def feel its needed just to finish things off.
Perfect signing would be Ireland from AMF but that will never happenHim Rooney and Berbatov link up play would be too much

Lol at people talking like Liverpool had any choice in Alonso and tbh at least they have acted straight away, bought a replacement and banked the change.
C.SWe sold Alonso for £30million... Paid £10.5million for Johnson seeing as we wrote off the £7mil for Crouch and have paid £20mil for Aquilani. Good bit of business IMO.Dont get me wrong, i still think at the moment we look weaker because we lost a world class midfilder. I think we will get it right tho. I think when we play A.A with Mascherano they will complement each other well. Masch will spray them balls about... Just look at the ball he played to Dossena today...

We sold Alonso for £30million... Paid £10.5million for Johnson seeing as we wrote off the £7mil for Crouch and have paid £20mil for Aquilani.
No.No you didnt.Im not having this. Liverpool fans love tryna pull this line out. If you only paid 10m for Johnson, then you sold Crouch for £0 when he left.
lol

We sold Alonso for £30million... Paid £10.5million for Johnson seeing as we wrote off the £7mil for Crouch and have paid £20mil for Aquilani.
No.No you didnt.Im not having this. Liverpool fans love tryna pull this line out. If you only paid 10m for Johnson, then you sold Crouch for £0 when he left.
Yes.Yes we did.We were paid around £3-4mill for him. We were owed the rest.

Yeh either way. I think it was more we sold Crouch for £3million and bought G.J for £10.5mil.But we aint going to know which one it was.Boy i still hope we can sign some one else tho, im not going to lie after watchin the United game they looked very good.

We paid 17 million for Johnson no matter which way you try twist it.Very upset that Alonso has gone, their are very very few players like him in football and thats why I don't think Rafa is trying to replace him like for like. I wish him the best though, he's a class player and I can't fault the way he conducted himself throughout this whole saga.As for Aquilani I'm not entirely confident about this signing considering his injury history but I've seen suggestions that Spalletti's training methods could be at the root of the injuries a lot of Roma players have been picking up in recent years.Some of the best players to play in the PL have come from Italy so the notion players from Serie A don't do well in England is a bit weak.

We paid 17 million for Johnson no matter which way you try twist it.
The initial point i was making is that we have spent money this year that we have. Thus if we get another player our net spend will be the value of that player.SanchezSilvaTuranLavezziEither one and im happy.

Couldnt cut it at Madrid? 8 goals in 20 appearences, which most were scored after coming off from the bench. Not to mention he signed in January and has never played in the league. Madrid just didnt use him to his strengths.Fabiano UNDERATED? Im sure every one on here knows hes a quality player.