Summer Speculation topic

HangTheDJ

Wenger splashing the cash.Arsenal complete signing of teenage Argentine keeper05.08.09 | Ian Ferrishttp://www.tribalfootball.com/arsenal-comp...e-keeper-261318Following a successful trial in May, Arsenal have completed the signing of Independiente’s 16-year-old goalkeeper Damián Martínez for a fee of £1.3 million. Its is now being reported the Gunners will attempt to orchestrate a loan move to UD Salamanca ahead of the new season.

• Replies 4.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

^^yeah foster hasn't looked too convincing during pre-season. fingers crossed he comes into some form.cause PIG is shite and not an option imo./
La Gazzetta reporting that that the transfer of Alberto Aquilani to Liverpool is now imminent. Something in the region of €20m the fee being suggested.
would be a good signing for 'em but he's a tad injury prone.
to be honest none of our keepers have look convincing during pre-season towards the end of this season i had a feeling that Foster would finish this season as first choice now he's got his chance he's gotta take it, if he stays injury free he'll hold it.

Don't know where to put this but VDS is out for 2 months with a broken finger.I don't trust PIG or even foster tbh. It's their time though.
c/s. Fosters time. He puts in some good performances now and his seat to SA will be secured./We love a stickied Utd thread tbh. Few times this season ive wanted to post reserve/youth vids but there aint been no where to post it.
:!:

Liverpool FC today confirmed they have agreed a deal with AS Roma for the transfer of Italian international Alberto Aquilani, subject to a medical. Liverpool concluded their discussions with Roma once the sale of Xabi Alonso to Real Madrid was finally agreed. Aquilani, who recently celebrated his 25th birthday, is expected to feature heavily for Italy in next year’s World Cup finals. Rafa Benitez said: "Alberto is a very good player and I'm delighted we've reached agreement with Roma for his transfer. He will travel to Merseyside later this week for a medical. Alberto has a winning mentality and great experience in both Serie A and the Champions League. "He has long been recognised as a top class talent in Italy, captaining his country at both Under 19 and Under 21 levels before establishing himself in the senior national side."

Guest Tulse Hill
Yeah because Petrucci will make a difference in the title racesmh
You're kinda............missing the point - but i'll help you understand.Business wise whos got the better deal? you are at a much greater risk as Aquilliani has to make a big impact or you'll struggle to get the 20 million back if he doest.Pettrucci at 2.5mill is the better deal, he has the potential to be anything Alex wants, the base and raw quallities are there ready to be moulded and eclipse Aquilliani and you'll more than certian make 5x the buying price in profit if sold.Aquialliani hasn't got room to change his game or improve, he is now a final product whether you like it or not and there are better products on the shelf than him for 20 million.

Yeah because Petrucci will make a difference in the title racesmhtbh dont even want Aquilani but I will obviously support him now he has signedwanted Hernanes, Sneijder or D'agostino
Snijder would of been sick as some kinda exchange but obviously Rafa wasnt interested.

Aquilani is kinda sick, but £20m is a bump. Transfer fees are fully taking the piss this season.
£20million is a bit steep. I thourght it was going to be £15mil but i guess not. I just hope he can stay fit and injury free. I heard hes recovering from an injury now and is expected to return around end of August/September... Its crucial we dont rush.Good buy. Im expecting another big name.