FAO: Black people

Da Luv Doc

but europeans have had black people navigating their ships for them for more than thousands of yearsApparently first known documentation of a world map was in arabic, but they thought it was inaccurate bcuz it appeared 2 be 'bk 2 front'
europeans had black navigators for more than a 1000 years? really?

There's barely anything good about Black folks history, I mean yeah we have had great leaders but the reality of it is, we have been shat all over since B.C. We have and come from the richest continent but who runs it, TRADE, ARABS, WHITES and now the CHINESE.Great Ancient Civilizations have been stripped of their blackness and painted white or anything other than Black. Case in point, the oldest Egyptian statues. Has anyone ever wondered why just their noses where beat off?When a German Archeologist went to Great Zimbabwe he was adamant that it wasn't built by blacks"During colonial times when white supremacy was in vogue, many believed that Great Zimbabwe couldn't possibly have been built by black Africans. Theories were bandied around, some believed that Great Zimbabwe was built by Phoenicians or Arabs. Others believed white-settlers must have built the structures. It wasn't until 1929 that archaeologist Gertrude Caton-Thompson categorically proved that Great Zimbabwe was built by black-Africans."I love all races. But although Black people have had a huge impact, most of our history has been chosen to not be recorded or taken as fact. Most of the White people who backed up black people in the old days where killed instantly, it was almost blasphemy to believe that a being that resembles an Ape was capable of such ingenuity.

That's what I think, our history was destroyed. We were near the top of civilisation, then brought down and the popular history is of slavery etc etc.I wish people who want to go on about black history and go on about slavery would research more and go back far in time to tell the world how our ancestors were!!!

but europeans have had black people navigating their ships for them for more than thousands of yearsApparently first known documentation of a world map was in arabic, but they thought it was inaccurate bcuz it appeared 2 be 'bk 2 front'
Beg you qualify this with a source or something before I make it rain.The gates of my mouth are being firmly held shut in the minor minor minor possibility that there's an inkling of truth in what you're saying.The first accepted world map was Babylonian Imago Mundi. And it's language was annotated in Akkadian which was basically a derivative of BC Sumerian.

the first UNIVERSITY was found in TIMBUKTUreal talkmy nan phoned me from America to tell me this, sent the article in the post for me an my marge to readnow thats positive
BTWIt depends on what scholars classed as Universities.Earliest ones were thousands of years back in China, while the first accepted post school age learning institution was Plato's.Again, I'm not trying to sh*t on anyones parade, but the use of obscure and irrelevant facts to try and imply a superiority or validation doesn't really achieve anything.

either way, these things are for people to research themselves its not obscure or irrelevant tbh, its a point from which a person can choose to find out more

Earliest ones were thousands of years back in China, while the first accepted post school age learning institution was Plato's.
this is obscure and irrelevant

Beg you qualify this with a source or something before I make it rain.The gates of my mouth are being firmly held shut in the minor minor minor possibility that there's an inkling of truth in what you're saying.The first accepted world map was Babylonian Imago Mundi. And it's language was annotated in Akkadian which was basically a derivative of BC Sumerian.
Deeper Roots, Dr Hakim Q, page 72, Appendix 2, Al Masudi's map of the worldbeing known and accepted are 2 seperate things which is why, like has been said information needs to be absorbed into a fully open mind

try and imply a superiority or validation
no1 is doing thisits equalityour existances does not need to validatedbut it does need acknowledgment and nurture i can go on any history channel and see a lot on ancient european architecture, but in terms of what blacks built i only ever see the pyramids and u have to dig that little bit deeper to get a taste of the achievments of the Songhai empire etcif ppl knew wat they was coming from besides a babba boat they might value life a little morethe information is not easily accessable, unless u LIVE in africa and im sorry to say but the legacy of slavery has not made that option for a lot of us right now, so it really is about self-education and defending something u know DID exist

Im not gonna break down what I said because I cba to be honest, but you (Kurious) and Smaddy both know what I was getting at.

either way, these things are for people to research themselves its not obscure or irrelevant tbh, its a point from which a person can choose to find out more
Earliest ones were thousands of years back in China, while the first accepted post school age learning institution was Plato's.
this is obscure and irrelevant
:D Considering we're talking about the first University, no, it's not.Post school age learning institution = University.@ Kurious: Al Masudi's map of the world was incomplete. He didn't even include South America. There are plenty of ancient, incomplete maps.

@ Kurious: Al Masudi's map of the world was incomplete. He didn't even include South America. There are plenty of ancient, incomplete maps.
yh i know it was, he had an unknown sector 'Ard Majhoola'but it was just a little source to kind of support my initial comment about the early 'black' sea navigation just read a decent book on biritish and german influence in the pacifics aswell (negroes are errywhere)micronesia, melonesia and polynesia etc id never heard of these indeginous peoples before

i'm still not convinced with the "black people navigating europeans boats for 1000 years" claim. It makes no sense. Firstly, how would the europeans have met the africans if they hadn't of navigated their way there in the first place.. and secondly since when have africans been amazing at navigating? I think it's more likely that some europeans used locals to help them travel around african waters..

some black history people maybe interested n learning about:Black seminoleSt Maurice.Alexander sergeyevich puskin shang dynasty, chinaJayavarman IIIImhotepBonda women of IndiaTaharkaColossal Olmec HeadBlack Mongols ofChinaBuddha
Man you gotta hit me up with some book I can read to back up these claims, cos some of them sound a little out there... I mean puskin was russian. The Shang Dynasty was chinese, javarman cambodian. I dunno nada about the black mongols but I somehow ended up on a neo nazi page trying to research them :D lol... and Buddha?!

im not here to convince u just share an opinionthe Olmecs (1500 BC) had a good history of voyagingtheres said to be evidence of Phoenician presence in their society also so 'european' and 'african' contact pre dates anything we can begin 2 contemplatei got this info from a book called 'they came before columbus'

@ Kurious: Al Masudi's map of the world was incomplete. He didn't even include South America. There are plenty of ancient, incomplete maps.
yh i know it was, he had an unknown sector 'Ard Majhoola'but it was just a little source to kind of support my initial comment about the early 'black' sea navigation just read a decent book on biritish and german influence in the pacifics aswell (negroes are errywhere)micronesia, melonesia and polynesia etc id never heard of these indeginous peoples before
sp* melanesiawat was the book?

Swear the people of micronesia are of Filipino decent aswell though.And why is it that when it comes to history or claiming something every shade of black is considered black, but people want to dissect it when its something else.

i'm still not convinced with the "black people navigating europeans boats for 1000 years" claim. It makes no sense. Firstly, how would the europeans have met the africans if they hadn't of navigated their way there in the first place.. and secondly since when have africans been amazing at navigating? I think it's more likely that some europeans used locals to help them travel around african waters..
some black history people maybe interested n learning about:Black seminoleSt Maurice.Alexander sergeyevich puskin shang dynasty, chinaJayavarman IIIImhotepBonda women of IndiaTaharkaColossal Olmec HeadBlack Mongols ofChinaBuddha
Man you gotta hit me up with some book I can read to back up these claims, cos some of them sound a little out there... I mean puskin was russian. The Shang Dynasty was chinese, javarman cambodian. I dunno nada about the black mongols but I somehow ended up on a neo nazi page trying to research them :D lol... and Buddha?!
Alexander Sergyeyvc PuskinFouner of 'Russian Literature'', ostracised as a child because his apprearace reflcted his mothers african ancestry, was very proud of his African ancestry which he espressed in his numerus poetry. Hiscontribution toRussian Literarure was enormus.Shang dynasty was chinese, however, ethnologists found evidence of a remote negroid population attem times, and shows an african or at least non chinese element which helped them propel China towards civilisation.Chinese annuals refer to the Shang Dynasty rulers as ''Black kings''.EDITAlexander Sergeyvich Pushkin1799-1837 Alexander Sergeyvich Pushkin, a great Russian poet, was the great-grandson of Abraham Hannibal, an African who was a special friend of Peter the Great.As a child, Pushkin displayed a talent for writing poetry. In 1818, he was appointed to Russia's ministry of foreign affairs. By day, he worked for the government; at night, he wrote poetry. Pushkin eventually became Russia's poet laureate.Political freedom was the subject of two of his most famous poems, "Noel" and "Ode to Freedom," which criticized the government. As a result, Pushkin was banished into exile, during which he continued to write and became the first Russian to earn a living as a poet. In 1824, he received a pardon from Alexander the First on the condition that his future writings would not provoke political unrest. Pushkin agreed. Thereafter, he wrote two novels, "The Captive of the Caucasus" and "The Captain's Daughter." A continuous theme throughout his works was his obvious pride in his African heritage. He left unfinished a tribute novel, "The Moor of Peter the Great," in honor of his grandfather. At the age of 38, Pushkin died in a duel over the woman he married.The Black Mongols of China1st century Asia's first major encounter with black Mongols occurred around the first century. They converged on India, conquering all of the northwest sector, which is now the nation of Pakistan. In China they were called the "yeuh-chih." India referred to them as the "kusanas." Now known as the "black huns," they traveled as much as ninety miles per day. When they invaded Eastern Europe, they were called the "black tartars." James Brunson, an authority on the black racial presence in China, said, "These blacks referred to themselves as 'kara khitai' and would later take possession of the Steppe region, north of the Black Sea."

Why is this in love and life?
cos its part of life :!: justin.. i recommend you read when we ruled as a start http://www.whenweruled.com/when i did my master's i studied african-american and african history. had seminars with some amazing historians.. never knew how powerful knowledge of history can be. It's no wonder that its been kept such a dark secret all this time. and how history is RE-interpreted by the conquerers for people like duzza who find it hard to accept that Africans sailed the oceans, its understandable, because of the lies and coverups told through european history. he might find it hard to beleive that there are more Pyramids in SUDAN which was formerly known as NUBIA than in Egypt. and that tutankhamun's Grandmother was the queen of nubia. there are artifacts in brasil, and other parts of south america that show ancient tribes receiving as guests dark skinned men arriving in boats and exchanging gifts, these date back to over 1000yrs at least before columbus. it is widely claimed thatthe biggest detriment to black progress imo is the hidden knowledge of black history, and the accepted perception of what is told about black history

It was lots of Africans, north and sub saharan I am talking about. The man to lead the army was dark skinned.I need to research about this tbh.ps, allow bring up slavery and colonial times, that's just the history certain people only wanna spill, so not in this topic please???Safe!!!
r u talking about Nubia and prince tarka (sp)? jerusalem was about to be over run by the assyrians, and was saved with help from the nubians. a big hidden secret and distortion of history is that Nubia and Egypt co-existed as partners. yet, what civilization has ever just 'co existed' with another powerful neighbor and not tried to overpower it and absorb its resources and gain greater power? The History Channel had a documentary about Nubia and egypt and blatantly distorted history by claiming they co existed as great powers. the fact is that Nubia was powerful Before egypt... the nubian Kings Ruled egypt and began it's dynasties. thats why the great sphinx of Giza which dates back to Egypt's Old kingdom is that of a black king. even some modern egyptians refuse to accept this. no colonial power adopts the culture of the country they now rule.. they impose their own. it is accepted that Nubia was never ruled by the egyptians...so the nubians imposed their culture on egypt. thats why theres so many more pyramids and hieroglyphics in sudan than egypt. i saw a documentary about it, and they did a test using current face recognition technology.. to see if the face on the sphinx was that of the alleged (lighter skinned interbred egyptians) or that of the Nubian kings and the egyptian kings failed to match up while the Nubian king matched perfectly.of course, they stopped short of saying this was 100% fact that it belonged to an ancient nubian king, and put forward the argument that erosion could have 'distorted' the facial features. plus theres the rumor or truth that french discoverers of the sphinx were too shocked that it had an African nose and shot it off.brief example

for people like duzza who find it hard to accept that Africans sailed the oceans, its understandable, because of the lies and coverups told through european history.
i don't find it that hard to accept, the only hard part is understanding how they could have travelled all over the world to these various places like brazil, india etc and the only remnants left of their travels are just stories about tribal cave paintings or a mongol tribe, how come no one ever thought to build anything?I don't understand how black africans could have been building pyramids and universities while my ancestors was living in caves but actually allowed the other races of the world to catch up with them and overtake them to the point where their own continent, the one that was so advanced, is now the least developed one and I don't mean to cause any offence at all, I just can't comprehend how they let it slip away.