My season

Kaiser

I'm sure I'm not alone in feeling absolutely frustrated as the season draws to a close, and not for the obvious reason. It's natural to feel frustrated to finish so close to first and playing so well over a season and coming away empty handed but more frustrated with the fact the season is ending. Just want this adventure to continue, we really have built a well oiled machine. Rafa's idea of a team consists of needing a "footballing mentality" which is to always want to improve yourself and prove yourself if you are out of favour shown by Agger and Babel both similar cases both outcomes very different, and the "social system" being a settled lad with a professional attitude. He also views football as made up of component parts whose interrelation contributes to the maintenance of the club as a whole, and to focus on the problem of order specifying forces that bring cohesion, integration, and equilibrium to his team. One that only the greats seem to etch into their sides, something that even if the unspeakable should happen and Rafa leaves will make the baton change much easier. I'm extremely confident ahead of next season. We have a captain that is in the form of his life, our midfield maestro with his most impressive season since his move from Spain, our flying Dutch winger and his Zionist counterpart in the form of their lives along with Mr 50 goals in quicker time than Owen,Kenny,Fowler and Rush.Rafa has built a team with more strength, determination and tactical flexibility than any other and this is a thread to hail our great manager and express our excitement of the new season ahead of us.I really expect a Liverpool trophy haul next season. Hopefully this window which is the most important in my Liverpool supporting life works out well for us.I'm so excited feel like a 8 year old again :!:

We still need a player that can beat a man out wide imo not fussed which side tbh but the team still missing someone thats ready to go to the byline regularly.We get that and the team rotation will be nice.We proved we can match anyone now so we know the starting line up is bless. Avoid injuries to key players and we can do the damn thang next year.Im still pissed at some of the matches we dropped points like that 4-4 with arsenal SMFH. Fully out played them and I might even go as far as to say Arshavin (Beyond his goals) was anonymous.Most goals scored, least games lost. Just another step closer tbh

some good points once Rafa learns that the success of the team is down to the colective strengths of the squad rather than the quality of his 2/3 best players you guys will be very dangerous The ammount of times i've heard him say that if the had had Torres and Gerrad in the team more regularly the would have pushed United closer is embarresing and it surely must damage the confidence of the other players slightly, as even though they probably know they're not as good as those two they don't need any constant reminders from their manager.(not sending at all)Honest question, Gerrad is in the form of his life. do you think he'll maintain this kinda form into next season.and if Alonso ends up leaving and you replace him with Barry do you think it'll set you back a few seasons and if so how far?

some good points once Rafa learns that the success of the team is down to the colective strengths of the squad rather than the quality of his 2/3 best players you guys will be very dangerous The ammount of times i've heard him say that if the had had Torres and Gerrad in the team more regularly the would have pushed United closer is embarresing and it surely must damage the confidence of the other players slightly, as even though they probably know they're not as good as those two they don't need any constant reminders from their manager.(not sending at all)Honest question, Gerrad is in the form of his life. do you think he'll maintain this kinda form into next season.and if Alonso ends up leaving and you replace him with Barry do you think it'll set you back a few seasons and if so how far?
Dont even understand the concept of a not in form Gerrard tbhLOL @ sellin Lonso

To be honest i don't think he relies on Gerrard and Torres he just points out that if they were actually playing the same amount as the other players we would of been better (Which is the truth), yeah our team is good but they are without a doubt our two best players irreplaceable. He always praises the "forgotten" players. Gerrard can maintain his form, he has confidence in the rest of the squad, the manager and has formed a brilliant partnership with Torres. Everyone doubted Torres again this season and he has 50 goals in two seasons. (LMFAO that topic was jokes), I can only see him getting better aswell. Kuyt has to build on from this season aswell, he has really impressed me with his contribution of goals and assists. Still think we need another winger to bring us something different, like Gandalf said. Its cliche but the signings this summer are massively important. Letting Alonso go will be a mistake, guy was our best player this season. He needs to add a view goals to his tally though. If Barry comes he would make our squad better but it should never be at the expense of Alonso . Glen Johnson would be a good addition, Aurelio and Insua fighting out for LB IMO is fine. Think Babel will leave, although i would like to see him stay and fight for his place and try and improve, we need a striker who will come in be happy to not start every game but still have an impact...(Martins? he would add pace and power and i don't think he would mind sitting on the bench now and again i mean he has been at Newcastle for how long). We drew far too many games early in the season, I think Rafa should take the shackles off the team and take more gambles if we are heading towards similiar situations next season. Because, as we have seen it doesn't matter if you lose the least games if youre drawing a bag load.

I'm convinced that Rafa wants to sign another match winner this summer judging from his comments in the last few weeks. We need a attacking right back to give us some balance down the right and penetration so I expect Johnson to join us and Barry is needed look at the Utd and Chelsea squads they have Anderson,Carrick,Scholes,Fletcher,Hargreaves and even Giggs for those two positions while Chelsea have Mikel,Ballack,Lampard,Deco,Essien for those positions we have Alonso,Lucas and Masch in those positions with Gerrard once in a while but he is a number 10 now.Some balance and pace needed for the left side babel hasn't stepped up to the mantle this season and I feel like this is a Nani situation and we need to get rid.Rafa needs to address these problems but I'm sure he wants to continue this squads development and carry on from here so I expect some big money signings for players to play big playing roles.Barry is needed he offers a left foot, some set pieces and can fit into many different positions and he offers something Alonso or no other Liverpool midfielder offers game intelligence, he knows when to move out wide if he sees a opening or bomb forward to create some space.Despite Xabi's season I'm not blinkered by his presence I can still see weaknesses in his game and although I don't think selling him is a great idea if we are short for cash and say Rafa sells him to Real for 30million and signs Barry for 10 which opens up 20 million for him along with the usual 20million we get to sign a left attacker and a right back we would have the option of signing anyone we want Silva,Tevez,Lavezzi etc. Liverpool is a team that needs development whether with Alonso's expense or not we will still be here this is a problem that our fans DON'T UNDERSTAND. You would think Alonso is the manager or he is the sole reason why they started supporting the club.Agger was a/will be a far more important player to keep.

To be honest as a neutral i can say i.e non liverpoll fan with no real dislike or like for Alonso i will be ecstatic if Liverpool sell Alonso if you are ever to Win the league during "the fergie era" he'll be intergral to it. you won't get 30 mill for him anyway

He is part of their Chairman manifesto/We owe 25% of his fee to Real Sociedad apparentlyWhich means we will only sell him for a very big feePersonally as a Liverpool fan if Alonso leaves with the intention of strengthening elsewhere I'm all for it. Otherwise I want him to stay don't think he is the perfect midfielder like our fans think.

Im happy and proud of this season. For all the criticism rafa takes he gave us what we wanted, a real title challenge. Its been a mad season, We've played some of the best football i've seen us play and im glad so many players stepped up when called upon. e.g. Yossi - scored some crucial goals and got some crucial assists too. his allround play is what we need in alot of games, he's unpredictable and a good goal threat. Kuyt - Great season from him and hope he pushes on from that next season, gives everything for the team and his goals and assist tally this season is very impressive. Another player who's scored some crucial goals. and theres been quite a few others who have stepped up when needed and played their part. Agree the transfer window will be crucial. The priority imo should be LW, we need a 'flair player' for that left hand side, a world class player or someone with the potential to become world class, and someone who is naturally a wide player. Next i'd say a backup striker who is willing to play as a backup. and then a right back who can push arbeloa.Im happy with the calibre of players we are being linked with though so will have to wait and see what happens. Kompressor i think gerrard will get better in all honesty. He has had a great season but he did miss a fair few games with injury. His partnership with torres can only get better and he is in his best role. I think he got his best goals tally for us this season with 24 and i can see him beating it next year. Cant see us selling Alonso and rightly so, have said since we signed him how good he is, even when he was going through a bad spell and so many people insisted we should sell him, im glad everyones realising what a great player he is. Torres, what can i say. 50 goals in 2 seasons, no idea why people want to doubt his ability. Even with all the injuries he's picked up this season he's managed to score an impressive amount of goals. Glad with the younger players this season too, they have done well when given chances. Insua (most impressed with), N'Gog, El Zhar, Lucas have all done well. I've been disappointed with babel but i think he should be given one more season. Feel bad for Nemeth, such a talented young player and only injury prevented him getting his debut this season. Then at the level below players like Pacheco and San Jose have done well in the reserves and could be in the squad next season. Interested to see what happens with the players on loan aswell. Hobbs has left and Anderson looks like he's going too. Hammill, Leto, Mihaylov and a few others may come back. I'd like to see atleast one of Hammill/Leto come back and challenge for that left hand side. Right now i think we need to keep this momentum going into the new season. We've been scoring so many goals recently and the team looks full of confidence. Agree draws cost us this season but i saw something from rafa this season not many (non liverpool fans) will remember. Against wigan 2-1 down a game we needed to win earlier in the season we went for it, all out, and it payed off. We brought on attackers in place of our defenders and just went for the win, at one point we only had 2 defenders on and it showed me that rafa had it in him to just go for it when we need the win. I'd like to see him do that more often.

It's simple for me keep Alonso, sign Barry. That is the level of competition you need all over the park in order to challenge on a consistant basis.The likes of Johnson, Barry, Robben & cover for Torres - Vucinic? Love? Jo? Yakubu? (although I guess he'd be hard to sign) would improve you no end IMO.

Been a very enjoyable season despite the obvious disappointment......but the fact I'm disappointed is a good sign.The foundations of a very good squad are already in place and despite the fact a lot of people think everything ends with Torres and Gerrard some players have really stepped up and proved they are match winners.I actually think that had we not signed Keane we would have picked up more points in the first half of the season but I'm glad Rafa cut his losses early and got rid because the team team has improved in every way since then.Alonso has been the best player in the league this season and I'd be devastated if he was to leave anytime soon, simply doesn't make any sense to sell him.Defensively I think the squad is fine bar RB, Johnson's name has been mentioned for what seems like forever and I'd be happy with that signing.The midfield is the most interesting area cos Rafa is in a stick or twist situation. Their are players he's kept faith with despite the amount of criticism they've received and players who've had a decent first season such as Lucas and Riera who could be on the verge of fulfilling the potential Rafa obviously sees in them but at the same their are players he could bring in like Barry who are a lot closer to being the finished article.Up top I think we need a striker who's willing to play second fiddle to Torres while still having the quality, not an easy task finding someone like that.Aside from an experienced forward I'd love us to have a go at signing Sturridge.

It has been one of the best seasons for us. But we have drawn WAY too many games we expect to win at homeFulhamStoke (drew with them away as well smh)West HamWe need to be more assertive and put more pressure on "smaller" teams at home because at times we think its a walk in the park when its clearly not.Defensively we have been solid but all we need is an attacking RB and we are sorted. Over the moon that Agger signed a new contract. Got Insua in the background ready to pounce in place of Aurelio and we have 3 CLASS centrebacks in Agger, Carra and Skrtel.We have made a lot of improvements in the midfield department though. On the wings we got Riera who I reckon has had a very good season (deaded Reo Cokers career). Benayoun has also surprised me a little. Every time he came off the bench he has had a positive effect on the team and has helped us win a few very crucial games. But none of them have out shun one of our best performers of the season, Dirk Kuyt. The flying Dutchmen has been immense all season. Putting in the hard work as usual, scoring and assisting combining to a total of over 20 goals which Steven Gerrard would be proud of. Rafa has turned him into a beast.I dont know what the future holds for Babel though. I want him to stay but I doubt it if he keeps coming off the bench because he wants to start every game. Ive said this a load of times, the guy needs a run of games. He the kind of player that plays on confidence. Needs to play more often to build that.Centre of the midfield is probably the best centre mid in the world at this moment and possibly the best set of central midfielder Liverpool have ever had. Alonso IS the best passer in the world and alongside a player like Mascherano who breaks up play for fun it is a deadly combination. Xabi has outclassed every single midfielder he has come up against. I just hope that Rafa sticks to his word and keeps him because Alonso clearly wants to stay. I would be gutted if we got Barry and sold Alonso because Barry is nowere near the level of Alonso's ability. Moving onto our frontmen.. Torres has hardly picked up much match fitness because of small injuries, yet he still hit 14 goals in 20 League games and 17 in all comps.. Gerrard, not surprisingly, has had a great season again and deserved the Footballer of the year. If the two played more together as they would have hoped to, I reckon we would have won the league. Glad to see N'Gog come on and impress in certain games.Overall, it has been a big improvement from previous seasons because we actually did challenge for the title till the end of the season. I think we need to bring in a hard working frontman who can make things happen and David Silva would be the most suitable option for us. Rafa has got that winning mentality installed in the players and I am confident that they will perform like this next season because they now know that they CAN win the league. Hopefully we can carry on playing like we left off for next season and give the other challengers something to worry about again.Lastly,THANK YOU SAMI HYYPIAHyypiaDM2105_468x473.jpgLegend.. Only bad game he ever had was against Drogba.*Salutes*

Think you missed your chance this to win the title tbhRafa is always on this 1step forward 2steps backSigning Barry and Selling Alonso will confirm thatNeed a world class widemanPretty sure Chelsea will bring in some fresher, hungrier younger players this summerAswell as getting a full season out of Essien which played a big part in them losing points imo.Arsenal will also strengthen as well this summer and should have Rosicky back fit along with Eddy and possibly Hangerlaand and a holding player.Maybe im jumping the gun but if Man City get a full pre-season out of Robinho sign a 20goal a season man and sign some defenders and they could be a threat to the top 4Pool need to sign a back up keeper, right back, centreback, 2wingers (if babel goes), strikerDont see why Rafa doesnt try and bring through some of the younger players like Fergie doesHow long until Carragher is no longer able to compete at prem level....I can honestly see pool finishing 4th next seasonConfident on another clean sweep next season.Our Squad >>>>>>>>>>