J. Cole Topic

Wale

its sad but the thing thats lettin j.cole from being mentioned by the average joe is that he doesnt have that "charisma" that drake has

ROFLMAO

Drake is a dude, his charisma is in the minuses. His personality is just beige.

/

I dont agree with the analysis of his music, they want to push him in the wrong lane. He knows how to make music but like Nas he isn't the best at selecting which tunes to put out to break him through.

He signed to Roc Nation probably thinking that being under Jay he was going to get guidance but as far as I can see he's pretty much left him to his own devices.

His budget appears to be zero, Rick ross is putting out good quality videos for almost every track he muttered an ad lib on yet the lead single off Coles tape which dropped at the height of his buzz had some iphone quality music video.

IMO he needs guidance but he's not at the right label to get it.

roc nation is a swag label

J. Cole- signed first no album yet

Willow Smith- 1 tune a second single one that faded into obsucurity

Jay Electronica- pmsl where has the nigga gone

k.koke- doubtful if he wouldve had an album release tbh

other artists i have no idea

willow smith should be bieber status by now off tht one tune

/

jcole at runway this fri if u wanna meet the don

lol did you not read my 3rd line?

J.Cole is the reason hes album isnt ready yet, perfectionist. J.Cole is the person who decided 'Who That' didnt do what it wanted him to do, nobody else, J.Cole is the reason he isnt all over youtube (like how mmg is for example) he doesn't want that

for example what people dont give him credit for and seem to forget really is that he tours A HELL OF ALOT. Almost double than any of the XL Freshmen he was with on the front page with for example (except Wiz obviously)

Which obviously is another way to do things, he is getting PAID, and taking his time to deliver an album he feels will have an 'Illmatic' legacy..

and i know people in Alexis Jordans roc nation team before you ask. We spoke about this many times, and im obviously all ears when their talking cos their 'ITK'

• Upvote 2

lol and I just wonder what the fuss is all about

Im sure J.Cole is thinking the same. He has given 2 album worthy mixtapes away for FREE in the past 2 years?!?. Arguably some of the best Hip Hop anyones heard in years period, features with Kanye, producing a hell of alot more for other artists (XV, Lamar), and has what, only been delaying it for say like a year now?

People are acting like hes getting Nipsey'd

He isn't complaining cause hes doing things hes way. After the album comes out and it is a 5 mics ting, all this talk and all your conspiracy plots will

just look terribly silly

• Upvote 1

ITK or not, how do you vouch for the seemingly non existent budget he's had so far?

Look at Ross throwing out videos left right and centre, J Cole at the height of his buzz dropped a video for 'in The Morning' that probably did more damage than good.

He dropped a verse on that Rihanna tune that didn't do enough to establish him to pop listeners but was enough to make some of his core fanbase think wtf is this sh*t?

He's touring but it isn't helping to sustain his buzz in anywhere other than where he's doing shows, I don't rate Wiz's album but he capitalised on his buzz when it was at it's peak.

As of yet he isn't getting major label promotion or major label exposure so in my book he's being mismanaged.

When the video for his lead single drops we'll get a better picture of how serious Roc Nation are.

ITK or not, how do you vouch for the seemingly non existent budget he's had so far?

Look at Ross throwing out videos left right and centre, J Cole at the height of his buzz dropped a video for 'in The Morning' that probably did more damage than good.

He dropped a verse on that Rihanna tune that didn't do enough to establish him to pop listeners but was enough to make some of his core fanbase think wtf is this sh*t?

He's touring but it isn't helping to sustain his buzz in anywhere other than where he's doing shows, I don't rate Wiz's album but he capitalised on his buzz when it was at it's peak.

As of yet he isn't getting major label promotion or major label exposure so in my book he's being mismanaged.

When the video for his lead single drops we'll get a better picture of how serious Roc Nation are.

you cant compare Ross n Cole come on. Ross is a boss no pun lol

woah woah woah when did you become Mr A&R lol, he's buzz is fine. He has an established fanbase now that gurantees a gold album at least nobody can deny that

it isnt about capatalising on hes buzz, its about making sure the music is right. Dont you listen to him lol? you think he gives a f*ck if he sells 100,000? As long as them 100,000 say its the best sh*t they ever heard hes cool. Because of the lane he is in now, he won't need to worry about sales & hitting targets, hes paid!! So now the only worry is the music

No major Label Promotion or exposure?? Wasn't he on a Jay Z single if i remember correctly lol?, nah come on mate your chatting sh*t now lol. How the f*ck you think half the world knows about Cole. From hes own grind!?! Nah fam, because of the RocNation/Live Nation tours that he doesn't even have to worry about because they just f*ck*ng throw them at him.

Cole is in a position that is envy'd by alot of artists right now, the only thing he has to deliver on now is the music. Which is way like i said, is probably why its taking so long

I could have done him a better video for In The Morning, no hype. Do you know how many man are out there with £600 cameras putting video's like that to shame?

Mac Miller is getting 14 millon views for a mixtape track video and Cole is getting about 2.5 million for a track featuring Drake?

It was a dead video and the track deserved much better.

Of course he cares about album sale, he said he wants to sell a lot so he obviously cares.

" I don't have a fear of sales because - I wouldn't call it a fear of sales because I don't place that much emphasis on the sales, but I definitely have an excitement over the sales. I want to sell a godrillion. But I'm not scared I'm going sell 10,000 records. I'm not afraid of that."

To say he isn't getting major label exposure was too strong but outside hip hop listeners he isn't as well known as he should be, the chances of turning on your tv and seeing him are low. Look how many features Drake made in other people's tunes and videos to get his profile up, all the while 2 years after The Warm Up dropped Cole is going to be supporting Tinie Tempah on tour? olol.

He is my favourite out of new school rappers and I'm pissed he signed to Jay Z because you only have to look at his history to see he has a sh*t track record when it comes to developing artists....he even has a sh*t record when it comes to established artists, he was giving everyone but himself peanuts to promote themselves when he was at Def Jam the balloon lipped c*nt.

lol at Cole having a definite gold album when Khalifa isn't even gold off the back of Black and Yellow yet.

Moolah is right

everyone is over thinking this trying to play rec exec

Tinie Tempah is one of the biggest artists in the UK right now, playing main stage at Glasto at prime time

it may not seem right to you but that's the way it is

and lol at those chumps in that vid saying he should rap on other peoples beats wen rappin on his beats made him

f*ck*ng lights please d*ckheads hes an underground rapper

and who gives a f*ck about the mainstream,

have you actually heard it recently?

Black and Yellow was an exception for both the charts and Wiz Khalifa

cos they're both sh*t

Well you're criticising the idea of him going mainstream yet you're saying 'it may not seem right to you' as if you don't see a problem with it.

That's not his lane, he's gonna be at a concert dropping bars then Tinie Tempah is going to follow him talking about chocolate mcviities.

Nobody is over thinking his situation, people are just looking at it and questioning some of the moves he's making.

We'll see anyway.

i feel your pain

Tinie is for neither me nor you

but as Moolah put it, touring IS his lane right now and that is a great tour opportunity.

underground artists support mainstream artists all the time cos the mainstream artists rate them, that is all.

people forget it not 2003 anymore. like say when you first heard 50 Cent, said this was the new guy, then had the finished product put in your hand weeks later.

the internet IS the debut album now. the debut is the second album an so on

that being said J. Cole has put out a wealth of great material for free. i mean seriously how many good tracks are out there?

i f*ck*ng rate Work Out

its true to J.Cole IMO

i rate Kanye jus like Cole does which means we both connect with that sample for the same reason, and i tell can a bunch of the same sorts who attended that Koko gig will as well. the ones that were happy to just listen to MBDTF (loud) all through Semtex's warm up set

it's soulful, melodic, will ring off in a club and is good J. Cole bars for the females, which lets not forget is a large part of his act just not in the corny Drake type way.

from the Grime days you lot should know they are NEVER gonna drop they way you wanted em to.

• Upvote 3