Real talk... Anyone here been looking for a job?

2deal2

The job search is long. Especially if you don't know anyone that can hook you up. It is pretty much a thing of luck nowadays.But also, handing out CVs on road isn't as bad as I thought. Do it relatively early like 11am, wear a shirt, jeans and decent footwear and just be polite. Though nuff places said they don't have vacancies, I had a couple places that said they would put in a good word for me if vacancies popped up. Sheerly through being amiable, polite and presentable. Also, if you are decent looking and are dealing with the opposite sex, make sure you give them the eyes and winning smile. The some chicks in certain shops were proper grinning telling me good words would be put in made me feel good.Also people should use Reed. Have a strong covering letter and CV and you may hear from somewhere. Well, I was fortunate to get a call the next day but if it happened for me it can happen for others.
thanx for the tips , I'm a good looking guy with qualifications and im a make sure I smile more

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

even tho its tempting at these times do not lie/fabricate the truth on ur cvi(f ur goin for a job within a big co. etc that will do there checks prop)i got a job in banking nd nearly lost out due to a few discrepencies on my cvthey check everything nd u must account for it
As long as my cousin is on point everything should work out.I put I worked for Mk One (went into admin)I also put I worked for Space Kitchens who change management all the time.The last 2 were 2006 and 2007 so hopefully everything should pan out well.And I should be getting a job in banking as well so hopefully it all sticks.

if you're looking for media jobs GOOD LUCKmy mate wants to be a journalist and has done unpaid work experience for the sun, grazia magazine, gq, the observer and the independentshe said she sent out about 100 cvs and got about 10 responsesshe graduated last year and hasnt had a paid job YET. i think the independent were generous enough to pay her £100 a week she's just going from one work experience to another hoping someone will be kind enough to give her paid work
I start a media based job on Monday.Generating computer media for Neu Look.Holla for neu look discounts in the future.Applied to one media company and got the job.Pretty easy I thought.
do you mean new look? loland she's looking for journalism jobs, which is not easy to get, considering how many people would love to write and how many jobs they have going

even tho its tempting at these times do not lie/fabricate the truth on ur cvi(f ur goin for a job within a big co. etc that will do there checks prop)i got a job in banking nd nearly lost out due to a few discrepencies on my cvthey check everything nd u must account for it
As long as my cousin is on point everything should work out.I put I worked for Mk One (went into admin)I also put I worked for Space Kitchens who change management all the time.The last 2 were 2006 and 2007 so hopefully everything should pan out well.And I should be getting a job in banking as well so hopefully it all sticks.
lol did u only put mk one because they went into administration?they can still ask the administrators to confirm the dates you worked for mk one, but depending on how thorough their records are, you could get caught out on a lie

This whole work thing's got me worried. I've got a job but there's a good chance that I'll be going to university in Portsmouth this year. I work 20 hours a week, Friday, Saturday and Sunday. If I do go to Pompey, I was planning on staying with my job and travelling to London every weekend then going back to Pompey on the Monday morning. Everyone's saying it'll be too tiring for me and the travel expenses will kill me but I can't imagine having to live on a student loan alone, I need my extra cash. Hopefully I can get transferred or something along those lines.
Try and get a transfer!Going home every weekend when at university, specially for your first year isn't ideal, in my opinion! The people that do this at my uni, seem to be the people that dislike uni the most.

lol did u only put mk one because they went into administration?they can still ask the administrators to confirm the dates you worked for mk one, but depending on how thorough their records are, you could get caught out on a lie
Well, we'll see what happens. Hopefully sh*t won't crumble.And really and truly, I don't know how they can complain about people lying about experience since every job almost requires some form of experience. Well, that's the only job on there that I haven't worked at. The key experience was one I actually did, I just exaggerated how long I worked there for.