The Official Liverpool FC Thread

The Infamous

Outclassed, Sporting were just technically on another level compared to us, will be surprised if any English team makes it past the last 16.

I would not say they were on another level. On another night we would have at least drawn the match. We were all over them in the 2nd half.

Nope they were on another level, their fluidity and ball retention was great much more greater than us who relied on the individual ability of Silva and Sterling in many ways we were playing like the England u-17 team. On another night we might have got a draw but that doesn't negate the fact they still would have had performed better than us, at this level how you play is as important as winning at the end of the day, and they schooled us tonight.

lol

I don't think United would have done better to be honest, considering we have technically superior players to you, the likes of Tunnicliffe would have been chasing shadows against these lot.

Out on loan Tunnicliffe or do we have another one I have not heard of?

Funny you picked out one of our 'least' technically gifted

The fishing in here aint how it used to be

/

What was pools line up did Sterling, Coady, Wisdom, Morgan all play?

They were better in 1st half and a lot more clinical. Don't agree with I'm Broke's assessment, but hey.

Anyway...

Petition for full disclosure of government files on hillsborough..

http://epetitions.direct.gov.uk/petitions/2199

As for some reason, the government are trying to engage in a cover up, stating that it would inhibit ministers to discuss things freely. Such a lot of bollocks.

f*ck*ng government are more than ever in the past few weeks proving what a bunch of cunts they are.

lol

I don't think United would have done better to be honest, considering we have technically superior players to you, the likes of Tunnicliffe would have been chasing shadows against these lot.

/

You've only got two technically gifted players in your side, Morrison and Pogba, and that Will Keane lad isn't too bad, apart from that nowt.

• Downvote 1

lol

/

You've only got two technically gifted players in your side, Morrison and Pogba, and that Will Keane lad isn't too bad, apart from that nowt.

:lol: :lol:

Put the rod away son

In all honesty, i dont really rant and rave about our youth teams like some do, but if you sincerely think we only have two technically gifted players, I.E Pogba and Morrison, (and Keane) then i'd advise you to watch more games mate,

your doing a number of players in that side a great disservice,

this isnt me saying they'll all make it and all be Lionel Messi mrk 2's but come one,

They were better in 1st half and a lot more clinical. Don't agree with I'm Broke's assessment, but hey.

Anyway...

Petition for full disclosure of government files on hillsborough..

http://epetitions.direct.gov.uk/petitions/2199

As for some reason, the government are trying to engage in a cover up, stating that it would inhibit ministers to discuss things freely. Such a lot of bollocks.

f*ck*ng government are more than ever in the past few weeks proving what a bunch of cunts they are.

The Governent/police will fight to the end to stop the info coming out, that in itself IMO is a declaration of guilt, If the reports put the blame at the door of "the football fan" this report wouldve been done and realeased decades ago.

Think

The Goverment are missing a trick/bit if common sense here, this cover up is just constantly storing things up more and more, realeasing the documents could help heal the scars a little bit.

• Upvote 1

Pos to Kompressor, its been 22 years and still the Governent aint done sh*t.

If theres nothing to hide then let the families affected see the files.

That Sporting game was poor, we didnt stamp any authority in the opening minutes. Why did Suso start in the holding midfield position? Why was Shelvey on the pitch? Why was Adorjan on the bench? Why was Wisdom playing RB?

MY son, James, was 18-years-old when he died at Hillsborough. The day after the disaster I went to Sheffield to bring his body home and being a mum I took his coat with me because he didn’t like the cold.

I remember saying to someone “put his coat on, I want to take him home,” and I was told he did not belong to me, he belongs to the coroner. In all my screams I said to them “He still belongs to me because no-one’s cut the unbilical cord. He’s mine and he always will be.” That’s why I carry on. As a mother what else could I do?

I brought five children into the world. James was my first born. People say to me I have another four children to carry on for but I did not give birth to four, I gave birth to five. I carry on for the love, for the compassion and for the hurt I still feel for James and I’ve got to do everything in my power to fight for him. I didn’t only lose a son that day. My children also lost a brother.

He did nothing wrong that day. He did everything right but like all other Liverpool supporters he got accused of being drunk and so much else. We’ve got to clear their names. As a mum with so much love for a child I can no longer see, he is still in my heart and always will be.

For 22 years the fans, the survivors and the 96, have been called for everything. The families have gone through hell. We are not fighting for revenge. All we have ever wanted is the truth and accountability.

As a group of bereaved people, the hardcore of the families have been together since day one. Joan Traynor was our treasurer for 20 years before she became ill. She lost two sons. I spoke to Joan on the phone two days before she died and her last words to be were “I hope God spares me just long enough to see the truth for my boys. That’s all I want.” Unfortunately, God didn’t spare her. That is another reason why we must carry on. We also lost Eddie Spearitt recently while Phil Hammond has had his health concerns. The fight is now not just about the 96. It is also about the people we have lost along the way.

We are all old now. We started off having raffles to keep the group going and to keep the momentum going. It worked and it’s tremendous that we’ve all stuck together for this long. We all have different opinions and rightly so but we have stayed united. If it wasn’t for everyone else we would not have got this far. The support we’ve had, not just from Liverpool, has given us the strength to carry on when we have been at our lowest ebb. Even this week an online petition has been signed by more than 50,000 people.

We all want to know why our loved ones died at a football match. James came home five days later in a coffin. I need to know the truth. At the time I probably would’ve hung, drawn and quartered those responsible but that was just anger. I’ve gone beyond that now. I just want the truth. I’ve got to have some peace in my heart and for the rest of my family.

I want someone to show that what The Sun did a couple of days later was a disgrace. I want somebody to print, not for people just in this country to see but for people all around the world, that they did nothing wrong that day and I want the apologies that we’ve never received. They said they had The Truth but they never, they just had lies. That’s why we must have the real truth.

jft96

• Upvote 2

Dalglish’s need for further defensive cover increased on Monday after Liverpool allowed Greek international Sotirios Kyrgiakos to join Wolfsburg on a free transfer.

The 6ft 6 in Coates impressed during Uruguay’s victorious Copa America campaign and has been monitored by Manchester City prior to their capture of Stefan Savic. Currently with Nacional, Coates was due to switch to Brazilian side Sao Paulo, only for the Uruguayan side to pull out of the deal when his profile – and price – rocketed.