First a free-kick in pre-season, now he scores from open play in the reserves

Agony

ANDERSON IS NOT A f*ck*ng 'NUMBER 10'. Hes a box to box midfielder who has produced all of his best performances playing box to box centre mid. The only time off the top of my head I can remember him playing well as a 'number 10' was when he came on v spurs in the carling cup final.Liverpool away 07/08 he was class and pwned starfish boy.Pwnd Fabregas on numerous occasionsAnd dominated Porto away last season(Very underrated performance) and these were all whilst playing centre mid box to box. f*ck all this number 10 bullshit.

he shouldnt be given a 1st team strating place jus because he's got potential both him and Carrick have been very poor so far this season
This is where youre wrong tbh. He SHOULD be given a place because he has potential. Young players with the potential he has need to be played week in week out. This is how Cesc got where he is. Played week in week out from like 17/18 years old. And our whole Beckham, Butt, Scholes, Giggs etc era played week in week out and look how that turned out. (Before you start im not saying hes on Scholes' level)SECONDLY, how can he have been poor this season when hes played 58 minutes??? How?

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I see what your saying but what i'm saying is right now we cant really afford to play players week in week out who aren't doing whats expected,if we should be playing players in the first 11 jus on potential, then Kiko and Wellbeck should be getting more playing time our Cm pairing right now should be Fletcher and another, Carrick will get the nod because of the influence he's had in the last couple seasons and Giggs and Scholes are more of a creative force i.e killer passes and yes he's only played 58 minutes or whatever but his form during pre-season wasn't to great and that half agianst Burnley was the worst i've seen him play. I rate him highly but he shouldnt be in our first 11 right now if we have to play one box to bow player alongside another then i'm sure no one will argue about him being second to fletcher right now.Anderson needs to stake his claim as a real creative force as well as being the box to box man.And to be honest those guys didn't really play week in week out, the only one who did was Giggsy to a certain extent and that was because he was an outstanding talent and Scholes got most of his games in this early days up front due to us being short of forwards doing the biz at the time

Box to box ?For Gremio he played outside left of a front 3 or behind the striker.For Porto same as above.For Brazil same as above.So how he can suddenly go from that to a DM baffles me tbh.Can't believe I'm having to argue Andos case here, especially with UTD fans. He's the only CMF we have that can carry the ball with a bit of skill and shoot (abliet poorly at times).

I wouldn't really say you were fighting his case as no ones really speaking out against him and i'm pretty sure every United fan on here anyway rates him, the things is as it was pointed out by someone else we cant/wont change our system for one player, Unless that player on his own can be a match winner,3 players in recent' History Van Nistelrooy Keane Ronaldo apart from that everyone else has to fit into the system not the other way round, and Anderson has done well in the system so farby christmas he'll be doing what he's done best while his been here, I think the fact that he broke his leg has been over looked since he came to us aswell, maybe that has somthing to do with his change of role

and yes he's only played 58 minutes or whatever but his form during pre-season wasn't to great and that half agianst Burnley was the worst i've seen him play.
tbf, he was played left mid and he always has a stinker there. He wasnt even that bad though, we had way worse players on the pitch and he got subbed first :/I remember Wigan away he was playing in a midfield three and was our best player in the first half. We go one nil down, Fergie changes tactics and Anderson gets put out wide. Has a sh*t 10 minutes at the start of the second half and gets taken off.Thats not how to develop youngsters tbh

Box to box ?For Gremio he played outside left of a front 3 or behind the striker.For Porto same as above.For Brazil same as above.So how he can suddenly go from that to a DM baffles me tbh.Can't believe I'm having to argue Andos case here, especially with UTD fans. He's the only CMF we have that can carry the ball with a bit of skill and shoot (abliet poorly at times).
Im sorry mate but youre chatting sh*t now.A box to box midfielder is not a defensive mid. REPEAT: NOT A DEFENSIVE MID.

• 1 month later...
Anderson insists he feels at 'home' at Manchester United and remains determined to increase his goals tally for the club.The Brazilian midfielder is in his third season at Old Trafford, but has endured a mixed opening to the new campaign.He barely featured during the early weeks of the term amid suggestions the 21-year-old had fallen out with United manager Sir Alex Ferguson.However, Anderson has figured prominently of late and scored his first goal for the club in last month's 3-1 win at Tottenham Hotspur.The former Porto youngster accepts he has not always maintained his best form, but is enjoying his time with the Premier League champions.Home"I feel happy here," said Anderson. "Everybody has times that are not the best, but I am at home here."I have been at Manchester United for three years. Everyone at the club is nice to me. It is like a family."With his United duck now finally broken, Anderson is keen to improve his tally, saying: "I should score more goals, but the way the team plays it can be very difficult to get inside the area."Hopefully I will have more chances in the future and I can score lots more for Manchester United."Anderson also admits he remains 'great friends' with departed duo Cristiano Ronaldo and Carlos Tevez, but is confident United are coping without the attacking stars."Ronaldo is still a big friend of mine. Wherever he and Tevez are, nothing will change. We are great friends," said Anderson."They were both very important players for this club. However, this often happens in football and the club has to move on.