Official Cooking Thread

neeko

that's different, lasagne sheets are designed to absorb moisture from the sauce in the oven so You don't need to boil

but I was making my own parcels, kind of like a ravioli thing, which required the lasagne to be boiled so I could wrap it around the filling

looks like Dim Sum

• Replies 3.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

that's different, lasagne sheets are designed to absorb moisture from the sauce in the oven so You don't need to boil

but I was making my own parcels, kind of like a ravioli thing, which required the lasagne to be boiled so I could wrap it around the filling

looks like Dim Sum

Make the pasta yourself its actually easier when your making pasta parcels as its always so much nicer & actually less faffing

I tend to follow this recipe

http://www.everydayminerals.com/fan-club/food/705-diy-dinner-make-your-own-ravioli

looks like Dim Sum

Make the pasta yourself its actually easier when your making pasta parcels as its always so much nicer & actually less faffing

http://www.everydayminerals.com/fan-club/food/705-diy-dinner-make-your-own-ravioli

or just buy fresh pasta sheets you feckin numpty.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

looks like Dim Sum

or just buy fresh pasta sheets you feckin numpty.

LMAO

longness for no reason

fuck all this ___________ free shit. 

chocolate dragon stout cake >>>>

IIxwfGT.png

usually use guinness but 4ght id try it with the dragon see how the extra sweetness and strength worked. Guinness is probably better tho.

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

Guinness >>>>>>

Yes it is similar to Supermalt, they do their own version aswell, 'Malta'

malta.png

Wierdos.

where do you guys get recipes from 

want some new ideas, usually remix other recipes to my liking but recently been making a lot of the same stuff

I randomly google a dish name, then cross reference 2 or 3 recipes for the same dish.

This, altough ive got a whole heap of cooking books which are good for the next level shit.

+1 for the stout cake. I need to learn how to make that

/

C/S Lens and this app has given me a few ideas recently

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.mufumbo.android.recipe.search

for the cake
  • 250 ml guinness
  • 250 grams unsalted butter
  • 75 grams cocoa powder
  • 400 grams caster sugar
  • 142 ml sour cream
  • 2 large eggs
  • 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
  • 275 grams plain flour
  • 2 ½ teaspoons bicarbonate of soda
for the topping
  • 300 grams cream cheese
  • 150 grams icing sugar
  • 125 ml double cream (or whipping cream)

Method
  1. Preheat the oven to gas mark 4/180°C/350ºF, and butter and line a 23cm / 9 inch springform tin.
  2. Pour the Guinness into a large wide saucepan, add the butter - in spoons or slices - and heat until the butter's melted, at which time you should whisk in the cocoa and sugar. Beat the sour cream with the eggs and vanilla and then pour into the brown, buttery, beery pan and finally whisk in the flour and bicarb.
  3. Pour the cake batter into the greased and lined tin and bake for 45 minutes to an hour. Leave to cool completely in the tin on a cooling rack, as it is quite a damp cake.
  4. When the cake's cold, sit it on a flat platter or cake stand and get on with the icing. Lightly whip the cream cheese until smooth, sieve over the icing sugar and then beat them both together. Or do this in a processor, putting the unsieved icing sugar in first and blitz to remove lumps before adding the cheese.
  5. Add the cream and beat again until it makes a spreadable consistency. Ice the top of the black cake so that it resembles the frothy top of the famous pint.
  • Upvote 1

Safe

when i get back i wanna practice so i can cook for my girl soon

what can i cook?

i wanna do it once or twice before i do it for her incase it sucks

something tasty, but not TOO hard, i can follow instructions but effort is a next ting

DMF is excluded from this request

Lol Kurtis :)

I do simple :)

King prawn Thai curry always a hit & easy peasy

Lol Kurtis :)

I do simple :)

King prawn Thai curry always a hit & easy peasy

ok maybe i shoulda said

ts obvs gonna be slightly romantic

dont want something thats gonna give us firehole in a few hours