Postal Strike

imhim

Look at how the service has levels of service have decreased in recent years though? I used to get two deliveries a day, one at 06:30 and one at 09:30 and now I get one delivery around 11:00am. It's pathetic.

They are right to strike tbh, been parred differently. The government dont care for the Royal Mail, bait they would happily see it sold and privatized.
They are striking because they aint got a pay increase from what I know and some other minor sh*tThey aint been asked to have a pay cut or have they been told to do extra hoursThe economy is in a bad way but these people thinky it dont include themActually want it to collapse as they have had it good for too long and now they are taking the piss to the maximum They can pay the price which means it probably will collapse if they continue to keep strikingDave Ward the union guy comes like a mafia boss even when the workers dont want to strike he demands they strike

They are right to strike tbh, been parred differently. The government dont care for the Royal Mail, bait they would happily see it sold and privatized.
They are striking because they aint got a pay increase from what I know and some other minor sh*tThey aint been asked to have a pay cut or have they been told to do extra hoursThe economy is in a bad way but these people thinky it dont include themActually want it to collapse as they have had it good for too long and now they are taking the piss to the maximum They can pay the price which means it probably will collapse if they continue to keep strikingDave Ward the union guy comes like a mafia boss even when the workers dont want to strike he demands they strike
They aint had a pay rise at all for 2 years... When they hear of Adam Crozier, the Royal Mail chief executive taking home over 3m in a year of course they wanna strike.

Look at how the service has levels of service have decreased in recent years though? I used to get two deliveries a day, one at 06:30 and one at 09:30 and now I get one delivery around 11:00am. It's pathetic.
Who is to blame for that tho? Not the workers...
Yeah, uhm...you're right I guess.

They aint had a pay rise at all for 2 years... When they hear of Adam Crozier, the Royal Mail boss taking home over 3m in a year of course they wanna strike.
Its like that with all major companies were the boss will rake in millions and some companies dont get a pay riseIf they aint satisfied with the job they agreed to get paid for then they should look for for a next job like everyone else does but Royal Mail go on strike over not getting a pay rises in the worst economic situation in years and they think it does on effect themI would be backing the strikes if they decreased the pay or made them do extra hours for the same money but to complain about pay rises should not cause to have strikes in these times and there causing problems for people which means they aint getting any sympathy from people

They arent just striking over money but also the way they are being asked to work. Basically they look at the company and saying if its managed like this there will be no company in years to comeanyway.Bosses have them working less hours, with less staff and expecting them to get the same work done, which results in a poorer service or you being over worked and the bosses get the bonuses for these tasks being achieved and when the public complains about the service they are the ones out on the frontline.Plus everyone gets a payrise yearly in their jobs, usually its very small that you dont notice but its doe in line with country inflation, there pay has been frozen for two years and two years ago we wasnt in a recession.

It's the same everywhere though.Our company just made 50 people redundant (10% of our office) and our clients are demanding more work for less money, so we work more hours for less money (I'm averaging 12 hours a day at the moment). We've had a pay freeze here for the past 18 months and the board took all kind of cuts from their earnings.

• 2 weeks later...