Underground Urban to Brit-Pop??

Tirunih

I don't like Ndubz or any of this sh*t thats charting but I agree with Brisco about Dappy, he definitely has a talent for writing infectious hooks.
Was it Brisco who said specifically "writing infectious hooks"? Just wondering
I don't think he said infectious hooks, I just reworded it.

• Replies 342
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest No Mark
mate why do u keep doing this?do u want a convo or suttin? u alrite ye how was ur day?:/
lmaosince ur stint in the pen you're movin...differentlybut ill leave u alone now still

Yea I got pop tunesmost are old though im gonna be honest80s till about 2000 at the absolute latest---------------------I don't think 'pop music' has stepped up at all IMO, its gotten worse, couple decades ago, pop was the music, mans music.Now the only thing I think has changed is the context of what pop is and what influences it.Nowdays most pop has a much more contemporary rnb/hip hop (well definately black influenced) soundwhich is why a lotta people here identify more with ita decade ago it was influenced more by rock n roll (britpop)Loads of music that is labelled a certain genre is pop, there are diff ends of the pop scale, from Girls Aloud to Beyonce..Honestly though I dont have much time for contemporary pop...(a lotta music that people seem to like on here and is proclaimed as niche or something is pop, lady gaga, La roux, Ndubz and the like)
tbh.

The older generation who say never made it successfully weren't willing to comprise themselves totally at the first sign of a record deal unlike some of the ones mentioned in that list.No one is willing to graft like Dizzie first did, then get to a position where you can experiment/ try new things with your style.
some of these people are being labeled urban simply cos their blackin reality they are just black pop-artists, not urban
And what exactly do you call urban?
imoUrban music is made by people from poorer backgrounds (not restricted by skin colour) for people of a poorer background not uncle tom's like JLS making baitness 4 girls in Winchester/part of the reason why rappers who want commercial success in this country have 2 water down their music is cos of this country's conservative natureThe US has a history of violence, cowboys were shooting guys up on a casual 1 only 150 years ago, so obviously the American public in general has a slightly different attitude to violence, largely de-sensitized to it (guns are legal FFS), thus tunes with people talking about guns and drugs go no1 far more frequently

Guest Esquilax
urban music is BASICALLY music of black origin tbh.
yeah, basicallynever understood why they called it 'urban outfitters' when ive seen a subtotal of 3 black people in any of them, and 2 of them were working there

Guest Esquilax
urban = cool i guess
same sort of ppl who started sayin urban music are the same sort of ppl who started saying 'grime'
how do you mean?like people describing what is now mainstream pop music as grime?

Guest Esquilax
urban = cool i guess
same sort of ppl who started sayin urban music are the same sort of ppl who started saying 'grime'
how do you mean?like people describing what is now mainstream pop music as grime?
na the same ppl who make these mad names and labels are never the ppl who are actually making the music.its usually media/journalists like chantelle fiddy etc
who first coined the term grime

Guest Esquilax
Basically, the only "urban artist" who may break through without heavily watering down their content is Giggs
no one will want to listen to that flow, regardless of the content

Basically, the only "urban artist" who may break through without heavily watering down their content is Giggs
considering he has sold 100,000 (and rising) mixtapes in 2years, without ANY advertisement other than a big ryde/mykal million etc shoutout, u are evidently wrong

considering he has sold 100,000 (and rising) mixtapes in 2years, without ANY advertisement other than a big ryde/mykal million etc shoutout, u are evidently wrong
100,00? Don't believe that.