Underground Urban to Brit-Pop??

Tirunih

• Replies 342
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

All jokes aside the devil most be involved in something because all of those people are shite.
dissagreeand in all fairness ur basically a backpack rapper fan.
How so?& I deteste backpack rap tbh, dunno why people get that impression from me..
lol i not actually a backpack rapper fan and i dunno how to explain it but yendubs are defintely not sh*t for example
Do you really rate their music though? Or are you talking from a money making perspective?Like do you think it takes a lot of talent and musicianship to do what they do?I think thats what Cipher is getting at..

if it was simple to do there would be alot more of themi dunno if its cos u lot dont make music/dont have a clue or whatever but making successful pop songs takes a level of geniusthe fact they do it with an urban backdrop makes it even better.if it was that easy ppl like skepta would have blown by now.
./dappy is the genius

if it was simple to do there would be alot more of themi dunno if its cos u lot dont make music/dont have a clue or whatever but making successful pop songs takes a level of geniusthe fact they do it with an urban backdrop makes it even better.if it was that easy ppl like skepta would have blown by now.
lol come off it.You still haven't answered the question 2bh.

Guest No Mark

skepta hasn't blown because he hasn't decided whether he wants to be a skengman or a pop artisthe's teetering on the edge like barney's bowlerama teetered over the carter-nixon tunnel

if it was simple to do there would be alot more of them
Spot on. The amount of artist that have attempted the cross over pop record and have failed is alot. The end product is very deceiving the process in making those records is the genius behind it. This is why I like to give up & coming artist an opportunity to come in the studio/ write a record sometimes. cuz when they see the effort involved (Not sitting eating/kfc in the studio, bunnin a zoot then freestyling a hook). They consider other careers. They see the end product and say 'yeah I can do that'. No mate you cant. Any one can make a song. YES I agree. But not every one can make a chart hit/pop hit. Are these songs fraff? - Thats down to opinion/taste. But we all have to agree that its does its job. Its harder than these lot think.

Spot on. The amount of artist that have attempted the cross over pop record and have failed is alot. The end product is very deceiving the process in making those records is the genius behind it. This is why I like to give up & coming artist an opportunity to come in the studio/ write a record sometimes. cuz when they see the effort involved (Not sitting eating/kfc in the studio, bunnin a zoot then freestyling a hook). They consider other careers. They see the end product and say 'yeah I can do that'. No mate you cant. Any one can make a song. YES I agree. But not every one can make a chart hit/pop hit. Are these songs fraff? - Thats down to opinion/taste. But we all have to agree that its does its job. Its harder than these lot think.
Yeah I agree with you there I never looked at things from that persperctive.I just see these songs as sh*t becaue I don't enjoy the bait music coming from Tinchy etc..., but you do have to rate their hard work. and c/s the bit about bare artists looking to cross-over, many have tried and failed. Even Gods Gift had a go.

this is the moist door that the industry wants urban artists to come through, water their sh*t down, turn into 21st century minstrels and make a vocoder track aimed at 16 year old slags to make them feel special.thats why we need to support people like giggs, hes opening his own door for people that dont want to water down their sh*t, when the album drops everyone thats serious cop it so the labels can see that raw, gritty road rap guys can sell units without distorting their voices and singing about some chick.

Yeah I agree with you there I never looked at things from that persperctive.I just see these songs as sh*t becaue I don't enjoy the bait music coming from Tinchy etc..., but you do have to rate their hard work. and c/s the bit about bare artists looking to cross-over, many have tried and failed. Even Gods Gift had a go.
when?

lol come off it.You still haven't answered the question 2bh.
what do u mean come off it?ppl would only say that kind of thing if they lack knowledgeit doesnt matter if i would bang their cd from my whip, im open minded enough to know thats things that may not appeal to me are still good.nd it defintely takes skill to do what dappy does.
I used to see people like that every day when I was recording. Most had similar material, but never had the avenue or "break". It's a misconception that because you're in the spotlight, you're good. If it wasn't for certain connections Dappy has/had, they wouldn't be where they are. People seem to think he's running the show on his own.

when?
Sometime last year, some bait electro sh*t.can't remember the name of the tune i'm sure someone else will though...

what is the job exactlyMusic used to stir emotion in ppl and create a burning sensation in the core centre of our very beingSome music had healing power evenHow and when did we as consumers stray from THAT being the public demandHow did we go from Billie Holiday to Leona Lewis?If we are the market, then we hold the power to decide whats hot and what isntBut we are far too easily satisfied with all this snap crackle pop ppl are spoutingPpl will say a tune is sheg, but drop the hardest skanks in a shoobz when they hear it because they are hollow inside and seek validation from a mindless and artificial social mass'c'mon baby light my fire'

what is the job exactlyMusic used to stir emotion in ppl and create a burning sensation in the core centre of our very beingSome music had healing power evenHow and when did we as consumers stray from THAT being the public demandHow did we go from Billie Holiday to Leona Lewis?If we are the market, then we hold the power to decide whats hot and what isntBut we are far too easily satisfied with all this snap crackle pop ppl are spoutingPpl will say a tune is sheg, but drop the hardest skanks in a shoobz when they hear it because they are hollow inside and seek validation from a mindless and artificial social mass'c'mon baby light my fire'
..............this guys worse than dmf

this is the moist door that the industry wants urban artists to come through, water their sh*t down, turn into 21st century minstrels and make a vocoder track aimed at 16 year old slags to make them feel special.thats why we need to support people like giggs, hes opening his own door for people that dont want to water down their sh*t, when the album drops everyone thats serious cop it so the labels can see that raw, gritty road rap guys can sell units without distorting their voices and singing about some chick.
see statements like these arent helpful because they distort the perceptions of reality.cos its as if ur sayin set man should jus talk about greaze because thats what U want them to talk about.giggs has quite a few girl track/to his mum etcmaking ur music smoother(watering down) doesnt always mean selling out
yeah but at least his girl tracks arent watered down into some repetitive electro bullshit, hes still bringing them hard bars like "imma buss bareback in your body so what?!" you think tinchy or chipmunk are ever gonna come with talk like that? and youre right, it dont always mean selling out but so far from what ive seen nearly everyone that makes it has had to sell out and make some plastic crap aimed at fools.

u can disregard my post all you want, would have been easier for you to just ignore it and leave it for someone, if anyone, who has the means to actually engage in a few valid points with meU lack the basic skill to dismantle the post and show why it is bullshit, or even highlight A sentance that didnt make sense to u.Until u can, refrain from quoting me while i continue to express my opinion on the current state of mainstream music