Underground Urban to Brit-Pop??

Tirunih

dunno why u lot r hooked up about giggs. hell never blow nor cross overjust like sway never willnor will sas
c/sI'll be very surprised. The only way I see Giggs getting success is if he does this gangsta rap thing like its a life he wants to get away from and hope some of the music publications get it like they got Dizzee's BIDC imo. I'm surprised he got signed. His shows are still getting lock off left right and centre

• Replies 342
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I dont think Giggs, S.A.S or Sway can ever be compared to N-Dubz, Chipmunk or Tinchy. For the same reason Wiley (& Skepta, less so) cant. Age. N-Dubz, Chipmunk & Tinchy make music that suits their age group and is very easy to be commercial. The commercial music industry is more than the actual SONG.Giggs and S.A.S imo dont make commercal music. Sway on the other half is an example of what I mean by more than the actual SONG. Cos lets be honest Stryder done Saturday Night Love = Number 1 record.

I dont think Giggs, S.A.S or Sway can ever be compared to N-Dubz, Chipmunk or Tinchy. For the same reason Wiley (& Skepta, less so) cant. Age. N-Dubz, Chipmunk & Tinchy make music that suits their age group and is very easy to be commercial. The commercial music industry is more than the actual SONG.

I dont think Giggs, S.A.S or Sway can ever be compared to N-Dubz, Chipmunk or Tinchy. For the same reason Wiley (& Skepta, less so) cant. Age. N-Dubz, Chipmunk & Tinchy make music that suits their age group and is very easy to be commercial. The commercial music industry is more than the actual SONG.Giggs and S.A.S imo dont make commercal music. Sway on the other half is an example of what I mean by more than the actual SONG. Cos lets be honest Stryder done Saturday Night Love = Number 1 record.
c/swas listening to this again the other day wondering why it never did well in the mainstream

From looking from a far, Sway's face just dont fit. He'll probably never say it but he'll wonder how the f*ck is these man bigger than me and moving past me... Sometimes it happens, cos musically he ticks all the boxes for progression to UK mainstream, it just hasnt happened.I remember reading about MIMS, and he did the mixtapes, had a buzz in NY, was at all the indutsry spots and managed to get all the label meetings, but was just hitting a wall, cos no label would sign him and he couldnt get on the radio, as both would say he needed the other to progress. Anyway eventually he made "Why I'm Hot" took it down south and got on the radio (with help) got signed, song blew, he produced a cheap album (in terms of production & features), album did over 300k in the US, but he still got dropped straight after the album dropped. Now he must at times sit & think how is Flo-Rida getting all these go's...

I made the Flo-Rida MIMS comparsion cos they are both light skin niggers, who had no real previous (altho at least we can find a bunch of MIMS mixtapes before the mainstream), and only deliver pop singles, debut albums sold around the same (despite Flo-Rida's costing WAY more to produce) and I cant even put it down to age cos MIMS is younger, yet Flo-Rida got more commercial hang time.My point is Sway delivers the same commercial records as Stryder. So the product as far as the gatekeepers to the mainstream world are concerned all sounds the same. Then when you look at the statue of the features which trust me they do...Lemar & Akon >>>>>>> Amelle & Taio Cruz

guys who say dumb sh*t like "i don't know why giggs got signed", clearly no f*ck all about the music industryThe reason he has been signed is cos he has managed 100,000 mixtapes sales in 2years, record labels are businesses and these figures show giggs is good for businessit's obvious why he got signed TBH

Sway's singles cannot compare with the stuff Tinchy's production team is churning out.To be honest these labels are doing exactly the same thing to young white girls that JD sports was doing to young white males. Making a f*ckload of money out of their interest in a nice and safe version of someone else's culture which has been marketed as cool over the past 10 years.It's pretty simple economics and has little to do with the actual quality of product. If you make something which is as accessible as possible to the market the parent company knows how to sell to, you will get your product licensed and sold on. Sway, as it stands hasn't had that record yet. The Lemar track was too bland for young kids to care about, and the Akon track had HORRIBLE timing because when it was being serviced there were another 3 Akon tracks floating around all of which were catchier.

would like to know that aswell...how f*cked is it tho that two white KIDS from norwich can build a label like that and so many man in the scene are unable.
The 20 grand loan that their parents' credit rating secured was somewhat of a help. I don't know many people who can do that. But they just worked very hard and dedicated themself to one artist. And that's pretty much the path. It worked just as well for Alwayz with Chipmunk which is run by 2 black men.

The reason he has been signed is cos he has managed 100,000 mixtapes sales in 2years, record labels are businesses and these figures show giggs is good for business
100,000 x £2.50 = £250,000Lets take away some expenses, lets call them £50,000Which leaves 200k, now does Giggs really look like a 200k up nigga to you?100,000 mixtapes sold = Gas Mark 7.

The reason he has been signed is cos he has managed 100,000 mixtapes sales in 2years, record labels are businesses and these figures show giggs is good for business
100,000 x £2.50 = £250,000Lets take away some expenses, lets call them £50,000Which leaves 200k, now does Giggs really look like a 200k up nigga to you?100,000 mixtapes sold = Gas Mark 7.
replcae sold with distributed and maybe a third of that actually sold via him (i.e. official outlets) thats still good got his name out therethey used to give out ard bodied for free when it 1st came out. that 20k walk in the park sounds official tho but all the other mixtapes are sold bootleg on markets mainly

guys probably has a nice whipplus the sn1 shopand money networking with pl in americainvestment in next mixtape/album+live PAs..he might be in the black

guys probably has a nice whipplus the sn1 shopand money networking with pl in americainvestment in next mixtape/album+live PAs..he might be in the black
the mixtapes are actually £5and giggs has definitely made at least 200,000k, but most likely that went str8 back in2 the music, which is why he dusnt look like a " 200k up nigga to you ".wen u think about logically 100,000 is not gas mark 7as i have said, he sold 20,000 copies of walk in the park and that was after 3mnths, its been another 9 mnths since thenplus hollow meets blade, walk in the park, another quick 1, who said dat, are all street smashs hits. 200% they have all moved way over 20,000 copies aswell

The money over music argument. My stance is I'm always going to make what I want and If it doesn't sell it wasn't meant to be. Fame is fleeting, substance is lasting. The age old "Do you want to make good money or good music" debate has been going on since music started selling, and to be honest selling out probably isn't worth it unless its your sole goal to be rich and famous.I don't really want to be famous to be honest but if for some reason it ever happens its going to be under my terms.

sway has no fanbase and as logan said the akon song was just another dime a dozen akon song at theat timeit was not stand out plus he has no momentumhe dont have the road like giggs does nor the countryside and litlle white girls like tinchy and ndubz
I'm not arguing for Sway, I'm just pointing out that the gatekeepers chose who leaves the underground and the deifference between the Sways and Tinchys.

replcae sold with distributed and maybe a third of that actually sold via him (i.e. official outlets) thats still good got his name out therethey used to give out ard bodied for free when it 1st came out. that 20k walk in the park sounds official tho but all the other mixtapes are sold bootleg on markets mainly
My point. That numbers was distributed not sold.

The shop is revenue.It doesnt take money to network to the level Giggs has.By stating £2.50 a CD, I've already deducted a lot of his costs.

The shop is revenue.It doesnt take money to network to the level Giggs has.By stating £2.50 a CD, I've already deducted a lot of his costs.
u have stated incorrectly tho walk in the park costs 7.99 acording 2 itunesand all giggs mixtapes are minimum 4.99 http://www.ukrecordshop.com/search.php?mod...arch&page=1

the mixtapes are actually £5and giggs has definitely made at least 200,000k, but most likely that went str8 back in2 the music, which is why he dusnt look like a " 200k up nigga to you ".wen u think about logically 100,000 is not gas mark 7as i have said, he sold 20,000 copies of walk in the park and that was after 3mnths, its been another 9 mnths since thenplus hollow meets blade, walk in the park, another quick 1, who said dat, are all street smashs hits. 200% they have all moved way over 20,000 copies aswell
So your telling me you think he made £500k? :lol: Does he pay for beats? Artwork? No I know these for facts.So his costs in selling CDs are Recording - Studio time & maybe a engineerPhysical - Which for Walk In The Park the distributor would have paid for and then recoup before they pay, so then the mixtapes which is just pressing up covers (lets say £300 for 10k) and CDRs. All in all your product is costing less than a 50p per unit (Well it better).Promotion - Videos, Giggs has 2 videos that he paid for and one of them I know was shorts.So if you think he invested 100k back in music, smh. Whats scary is by your reckoning he made £500k. Infact why am I even debating...Lt me just say if you sell 20k CDs in 3 months from release date, 6 months down the link your be lucky to have moved another 10k. Very lucky. Infact with the marketing budget these man have, your be a genius.Lol at 20k people BUYING Another Quick One.

u have stated incorrectly tho walk in the park costs 7.99 acording 2 itunesand all giggs mixtapes are minimum 4.99 http://www.ukrecordshop.com/search.php?mod...arch&page=1
No I haven't, you just havent thought properly. I'm saying £2.50 cos if you sell something for £8, you dont get the full £8. The retailers have to eat. The distributors have to eat. Your the last person in the food chain.