Lost Season 6

Dubby

Pos Juan Carlos

Smokey was a sick guy tho, when him ben and des meet our heroes on that field in the finale 'Well this will be interesting' walking into bullets, man was a beast literally

Miles was evidence of people finding themselves on the island imo, came to the place just for money, and ended up genuinely connecting with ppl, he was like hurley at the end but less of a geek

That vid is so dumb in places. Only some of the things he asked were resonable. Sometimes it feels like people wernt even watching the show properly and are missing the point =/

Lost' Creators Promise More Answers After The Finale

Damon Lindelof and Carlton Cuse will answer lingering questions through a DVD bonus feature.

http://www.mtv.com/news/articles/1639820/20100521/story.jhtml

One thing that I still don't get is who the f*ck was Richard? He started ageing so obviously he had been replaced but by who? Jack replaced Jacob not Richard. Nobody replaced Richard. Unless Desmond was the new Richard and Richard had always been the weapon. That's what I reckon.

Hugo replaced Jack who replaced Jacob.

Ben replaced Richard. (when they get out the light cave) Hugo: "will you help me".... (then in alt time line) "you were a good number two"

Richard started ageing after the light got put out because there was no power keeping him alive just like there was nothing protecting Flocke.

innit the whole thing's confusing

so the alternate timeline... that was just something that people experienced before "moving on" - I can grasp that

but island is actually real isn't it?

so what I'm getting from it is that MIB is powerful as long as the island exists but if it doesn't then he has no power and that's why Desmond was Jacob's last resort 'cause otherwise MIB would be able to kill everyone off the island and so on - but that doesn't explain why MIB wanted all the candidates dead or whatever

annoying it is

Lemme give it a try, and this also addresses Justin's gripe

MIB's wanted to leave the island since he was a human, but when he became the smoke monster he couldn't leave the island because he had some kinda problem with water (that's what he alluded to when Sawyer asked him why he couldn't just smoke hover off the island) Therefore the only way he COULD leave the island was to become mortal, and he could only do that by 'uncorking' the island.

The job of Jacob was to protect the Source of the Island, to make sure MIB could never get to it because if he did and he uncorked it then 'all the evil that was held in by the cork/island would engulf the world and all that (Jacob said this to Richard in Richard's flashback) This is why Jacob knew he could never allow MIB (as the Smoke Monster) to leave because that would mean the destruction of the island (which we were seeing in the episode) and eventually maybe the destruction of the rest of the world.

If Jacob was able to kill MIB there wouldn't have been a problem but because they weren't able to kill eachother (because of their 'mother') it meant there would be a constant stalemate which was fine until MIB EVENTUALLY found the loophole to kill Jacob..Jacob knew eventually this would occur which is why the 815ers came to the island to suceed him

Jacob said MIB needed to die to Jack but didn't know how it could be done, it was JACK'S judgement that allowed MIB to be put in a situation where the island could be uncorked and MIB could leave, MIB just wanted to leave the island but because of his situation (being a smoke monster and all) he wasn't able to and was too selfish to accept that the events leading up to him being able to leave would cause problems for the island and theoretically the rest of the world.

MIB wanted the candidates dead because he didn't need another 'Jacob' blocking him from leaving the island the only way he knew he could

I'm pretty sure that all made sense

The water thing was bollocks. We saw Flocke/MIB row a boat over to an island. Think it was to get Whitmore.

Lol at Walt. Dude grew out of a job. Pissed. I clocked Charlotte was buff in the finale but never before that. Even when Sawyer hit it I wasn't impressed but in the finale I was like "OH YEAH?!"

Whoever said Richard got old coz of the light. Nah coz he got old before it went out and that was waaay before Ben got to be number 2.

Also has anybody got any explanation as to why Desmond started acting the way he did when he was brought back to the island? He suddenly changed and as far as I can tell that was never explained.

Lol cosign.

Lol at the way they just never explained anybody's powers. Miles? Walt? Hurley? Just able to do weird sh*t for no reason.

Remember the statue? That was never explained. However, remember it only had a foot? Reckon something like that had happened before or do you reckon that was from "the incidenct"? Probably the incidenct actually.

Don't feel like I need to rewatch the whole show now but I do feel like I need to rewatch this season. Some sh*t is just not right man. Like Sayid in the ALT timeline. If he can create a place where he gets what he wants then why the f*ck can he still not f*ck this Nadia chick!? They said it was a world where you could be with the ones you love. He quite clearly loved her more than Shannon.

Also has anybody got any explanation as to why Desmond started acting the way he did when he was brought back to the island? He suddenly changed and as far as I can tell that was never explained.

Really eks? The whole electromagnetism thing, sending him through to the alt world, you cant have forgotten that

The ending was epic and nicely capped off the best series I've ever watched, I've never been so attached to characters in a television programme.

People can nit pick all day and say why didn't they explain every little thing but there are similar mysteries all around us that just are. For example the recurrence of the numbers was more important than the actual numbers in the same way the golden ratio appears time and time again throughout nature but we don't know why. I was a bit disappointed that Walt, Michael, Eko and Ana Lucia didn't feature in the finale cos I think they were key characters at one point but it's understandable because they didn't have a life changing affect on anybody else to the same degree the other main characters did.

It wasn't some people's cup of tea but sometimes I think this show didn't connect with a lot of people because it is steeped in fantasy, spirituality, philosophy and went against the grain. The vast majority of TV these days requires no thought, asks no questions (beyond when is ____ gonna find out _____ is sleeping with ______ ) and lacks imagination. Most people feasting on takeaway weren't prepared to try the Michelin star cuisine that was being served up, it's a shame.

Even though I've watched it from when it first aired I don't think I can fully appreciate the intricacies of the writing without watching it again from start to finish so I'm gonna leave it a year or so until it's a little more hazy in my memory and then get the box set.

I can't see any show filling the gap for a long time.

• Upvote 2